• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Slick Sand help

gtxno1

Local time
10:41 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone would like to hear from the body pros out there I am getting to the point of finishing my car and getting ready for paint bodywork is done epoxy primed but I know I can use a little help I know some things are not perfect so I will be using slick sand for the extra help my question is after spraying slick sand how much do you remove when blocking the body also what grits of sand paper thanks

x1.jpg
x2.jpg
x3.jpg
x4.jpg
x5.jpg
x6.jpg

Well here are some pics 3 yrs of work I am finally seeing some light at the end of the tunnel the drivers door and fender will be going on this weekend along with the front valance and hood support all major bodywork has been done working on getting the inside of the deck lid painted and hopefully I can get that done before the weekend and installed as well

I used 120 grit on an 18 inch board to start with on the sides of the car. I was told to use a 30inch but used what I had. Then 220 320 and finally 400 before applying the sealer and paint. Now I'm not a professional painter. I painted my car in the garage. I wish I had more room and more lighting on top to see the metalic spray pattern as I have some molldeling I think it's called. Good luck with yours, it's looking good so far.

Yeah, I'm using slickSand also on my 68 GTX. Just keep working the block (18") with 120 grit sticky-back paper untill you need a joint-replacement or you start going through and see what's
underneath. Use a round block, or a piece of 2" PVC with the same paper to do your reverse curves. Use an "X" pattern, and overlap everything. Keep reducing your paper grit until you get to 320
and then you'll be ready to finish-block with 400 wet. Use some dishsoap (Dawn) in the water and use a spray bottle to keep it wet and the paper clear. You can now see how straight everything is!
If you feel like it, you can put a coat of black primer on it to really prove that it's "Done". Your project looks great! keep up the good work!

20160319_150615.jpg 20160319_151434.jpg 20160319_152513.jpg DSCF8500.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back