• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Small block headers suggestion/feedback

2 headers companies come to mind.

TTI - Stepped headers @ 1-5/8 - 1-3/4
Hooker Super Comps @ 1-3/4

I have two sets of the Hooker Super Comps and have ZERO complaints about them and there performance. Fit was perfect unless you have a Lakewood scatter shield, but is also an issue with the TTI headers.

On my A body, I had minor clearance issue with the TTI header. On my ‘73-4 spd 360 Cuda & my ‘79 360 Magnum, the Hookers fit was excellent, no clearance issues, slipped right in, no low hanging pipes scraping the road, no front end parts to take apart to install them.

Considering hugger headers for my 360. Only under circumstances that there won’t be any fitment issues installing them. I don’t want any plug issues either as far as changing them or melting off wires. This would be on a stock street car. I realize, I ll probably only get 10 percent performance gains. I want to do it mainly for sound. I have an aftermarket cam, intake and 4 barrel carb. My car sounds good as is. Opinions, is it worth it ? What is a good header with no installment or clearance headaches ? I’d like to avoid vapor lock issues too, thinking I could use heat wrap.

i'm betting the 2.94's are killing your lo speed power, especially if you have a 27" or similar tire.
i'm not convinced you'll improve the lo speed power with headers.
3.23 / 3.55's and or a 2400 stall converter would be money better spent

i'm betting the 2.94's are killing your lo speed power, especially if you have a 27" or similar tire.
i'm not convinced you'll improve the lo speed power with headers.
3.23 / 3.55's and or a 2400 stall converter would be money better spent
This! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Though a GOOD converter is expensive.

Auto Transport Service
Back