• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Smart toilet by Kohler. WTF is a smart toilet?

A smart toilet can connect your phone automatically to Alexa, and project all the sounds you make to every room of the house.

Beware the fart that precedes the main event. :lol:

hey guys, don't use the ATR app.

...and here's me thinking nobody would know that one. :lol:

1706562117632.gif

No thanks.
Prolly has a blue tooth. That way it can report in how many times it is sat on and how any times it is flushed so it can report how much water is used.
I live in WI, I could dig a well with a shovel in about 3 hours. The state is surrounded by water. I have a well, I pump the water from the ground, when I flush it goes out back to the septic and returns to the ground, I do not "waste" the water like so many claim happens.

I will keep the Kohler in my house. It is blue, from 1975 and probably has something like a 8 or 10 gallon tank on it. It has never plugged once in over 20 years that I have been here. I replaced the mechanism, once, with a solid brass unit I got from CESCO brass. If it ever starts to have an issue I can take a screw out of it and replace an o-ring.
The flush handle is chromed metal.
I am on the third seat, because apparently they can't make those right anymore either. 3 years after we moved here I threw the original out because the little step-pads on the underside that sit on the rim were broken up and missing pieces. Mistake, should have found a way to replace them. It is kind of cool(this latest seat) as it has these twist locks on the hinges so I can remove it without unscrewing it. Kinda nice for cleaning, makes it super easy to get around the hinges. But it will wear out like the others I am sure.

Seems plenty smart to me, it does exactly what it was designed to do without worry or malfunction. Could say that about a lot of things from days gone by, function and quality meant more than accountants and "muh carbon" and greed and control.
I wonder who Kohler will sell "the data" to? If it has a blue tooth I mean.

I think that what LACKS here is someone telling ALL THE FEATURES that an expensive toilet like this offers since NONE OF US SEEM TO KNOW except one guy ^^^^ that only mentions temperature control.
I gave you the link on post #10

Bee smarter then the toilet

You posted a link but not the text of the description.
Lazy.

Seems like everything is smart this ,smart that. It’s the latest catch word. Just like everything was turbo or magnum a while ago.
Yup....just like "sustainable".

I remember in the liner notes of a Judas Priest album I had, Ian Hill talking about the 'Turbo' song/album--

"Turbos were all the rage that year. Glenn and K.K. bought turbo Porsches...I even bought a vacuum cleaner because it had the word 'turbo' on it".
:D

Noise cancellation technology or does it amplify sounds? Selectable? Chamber music?

Noise cancellation technology or does it amplify sounds? Selectable? Chamber music?

Not this.

This currently holds the record. It's wrong however.

The loudest sound ever is when I fart into the toilet.

Can buy a lot of stuff for my roadrunner with that kind of money. So going to Lowes to get a new toilet seat is height of the day. LOL!!!!!! :lol:

You guys can laugh and mock all you want. I said a lot of the same things years ago when I first heard of these and even had seen a few. Vowed I’d never get something like that period? Well some years back I went to Tokyo, Japan to interview with AIG for a job w/them. They put me up in a very nice hotel across from the Imperial Palace where the Emperor lives. I walk in the bathroom and what do I see …… nothing other than your highbrow smart toilet. I was there for 8 days and I’ll tell you I wanted to sleep on that thing. Coolest invention since the automobile. The seat was warm or cold at what ever temp you preferred. It had more options on it than our new car. IIRC correctly it scratched my balls for me when I sat down. I became so seriously enthralled with that thing I swore I needed to get one when back home in the states. Never did - and frankly would never pay $3 - 10k for one either but boy what a comfort toy while doing your business… That is no joke…..
Ok, you got me. I sit my *** on the porcelain throne for one thing. ( Well... two, since I'll read a Mopar mag or what all you hoodlums are posting on FBBO. ) To take a dump. Unless that contraption is gonna save me the trouble of wipin' my stinkin' ***. ( Options ? options? I'm afraid to ask...... ) :lol:

Ok, you got me. I sit my *** on the porcelain throne for one thing. ( Well... two, since I'll read a Mopar mag or what all you hoodlums are posting on FBBO. ) To take a dump. Unless that contraption is gonna save me the trouble of wipin' my stinkin' ***. ( Options ? options? I'm afraid to ask...... ) :lol:
Sure… it‘ll massage your rear, cool or warm your butt, do your business and it will clean and blow dry your rear with warm or cold /water/air. Spray a fragrance to deodorize the room. Some other things I can’t quite recall since it’s been a few years. But I’m totally serious - this thing was the bomb. I quickly fell in love w/it - when a he man like me previously wouldn’t have dreamed of being attracted to it. They’re great!

Auto Transport Service
Back