• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Snoring

Snoring/stopped breathing/ sleep apnea is hard on your heart. Talk to your Dr. that you are concerned for her health. Maybe between the two of you she will be convinced.

110% agree here. My father in law had untreated sleep apnea for years and it was a very significant contributor to his heart problems. His apnea was so bad when he did the sleep study they pulled him out less than 15 mins into it because it was so obvious.

He got a CPAP and it made a world of difference and added years of quality living to his life.

Apnea is no joke, and it can be a much bigger problem than just annoying the person sleeping next to you.

If you or a loved one snore regularly and haven't had it checked out, please seriously consider seeking expert help.

Mine wussed out of doing the sleep study, and I wished she would’ve just done it. Cause if she had, I wouldn’t be on here right now! I could be getting the rest I need. She doesn’t have any medical issues that a 2x4 (at the moment) wouldn’t take care of, lol!
I like my bed, I’m not moving.
I guess it's time you make her sleep on da couch until things change. Who wears the pants in your household?

It’s 50/50.

Snoring can also be caused by being overweight. I have seen weight loss correcting breathing issues.
Good luck mentioning this to a Wife!
You DID want to sleep in another room anyway, right??

I snore my head off ,live by myself(now) so no-one worries about it :thumbsup:

Interesting thread. I'm about 2 months into having had to go to a CPAP. Still trying
to get used to it. I am probably one of the lightest sleepers on the planet so when
the air pressure on the machine changes significantly I usually wake up. So far my
sleep schedule hasn't changed much, but hopefully the machine will limit my periodic
breathing. Definitely a different sleeping experience. RR

My wife snores occasionally. I can't hear in my right ear, so I sleep on my good ear. Problem solved.

I’m a snoring machine. Not real heavy but constant. Went in for the sleep study several years ago. Found out I had severe apnea. To the tune of 68 events per hour. I’m on a machine now and used to be down to 3-5 events per hour. Now I’m back up to 10-20. Going into to see the doc again about it cause you’re right it’s no joke. Very hard on the heart. I also want my wife - who works 3 nights a week to get a good sleep when she is home. The operation is a failure 85% of the time so the machine is my only salvation. Tough deal to beat....

It is said, that when you lose one sense, the others get heightened. Well I’m down to 1 eye, the other is working twice as hard, so I guess my hearing is much better.

Auto Transport Service
Back