• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Something's wrong at my house!!!

bkleenfltx

Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
Sunday I'm on Craigslist which made my wife FURIOUS. The only interest she had was in our 67 Mustang Convertible. All the others were shunned even the 71 Mach I which was beautiful.

Background: I'm ALWAYS on Craigslist! I like to see what's out there and what interest me. At times I might 400 saves of cars from all over the country. Mopar was always the land of milk and honey, the who's who of classic cars and owners. I could never seem to pry my hands loose from my savings account to unleash the cash it takes to buy one. So I saved mostly 65-70 Camaro, Firebird, Mach I, Sportroof Mustangs, Darts(because I would buy one) a few older cars like 61-2 Caddy's or Starfire Olds..... You get the idea. I decide to look one more spot and FOUND my car. I call the guy..... he sends pics.... I called him back and said I'll TAKE IT. It had been on Craigslist for 2 hours!!!!!!!:icon_compress:

I drove the 252 miles Tuesday, inspected it....bought it!:hello2: She just sent me a text.... have you finished the yard....have you done all your work...YOU NEED TO CLEAN OUT THE GARAGE!!!! WE (gotta mouse in your pocket) have to go get YOUR CAR!!!! :icon_eyes:

I think she's having an affair! :eek: :icon_twisted:

Good luck to you my friend. Many of us have been in your shoes. Just try to keep your cool.

Not to be sarcastic - it sounds like you're the one having the affair - with cars and Craigslist. When you pick it up make sure and post some pics. We want to see that sweet ride that's causing household consternation. Congratulations on the acquisition.....

Okay you guys caught me! :headbang: Serious, a neighbor came over and we scrubbed 30 years of dirt. finished up came in a cleaned up.....its 10:30 my wife wakes up and comes into the den "hey I couldn't sleep thinking about your stupid car..... lets' show it as a survivor!!! I think you'll have the best one there. "

This song popped into my head after reading this thread....

[video=youtube;wmvYlJb2-bc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmvYlJb2-bc[/video]

...just one question....What's your wife doing in bed until 10:30 with you and a buddy scrubbing the yard? :grin:

Half way through the video her high beams come on....I think she is thinking about your new car....

Anybody even know what the car is???

That's what I've been wondering? You mentioned all the cars you save but not the one you bought! Congratulations on the new Omni, K Car, Caravan or whatever it is haha.

68 satellite. Check his other thread. Cool find!!

ahhh well sir it's a 68 2 owner, 60,057 original mile Satellite Sport! P code or premium package car A/C (that works), bucket seats and other little fancy things. the body is not quite excellent but in our terms ITS EXCELLENT. 318 car with 2v. gold with gold /black trim interior. 6 8 mopar 010.jpg6 8 mopar 016.jpg6 8 mopar 020.jpg6 8 mopar 026.jpg6 8 mopar 032.jpg

At least me know what all the commotion is about now... Nice project

Auto Transport Service
Back