• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stopping spam sales calls?

SteveSS

Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
Grandma's landline is especially bad. My daughter tried to put her on a do-not-call list but she still gets a lot of them Now they are staring on my cell phone. I looked it up on the web and there are places that charge to put you on a list. Is there a free service?

I would like to have the technology to send a “bullet” back to their phone system that fries everything, totally untraceable to me so they spend thousands of dollars to get a new system, rinse, lather and repeat!

Yes, the FCC has a program to put you on do not call...but it is widely ignored. The only upside is that there is a 'reporting system' so you can at least cost them - the spammers/criminals - the headache of changing numbers by reporting the one you get called on...

Any clues about where the reporting system is? Sometimes I give them an eloquent cuss out using the foulest works I know usually including members of their family but that might just fire them up to put me on the DO call list.

I have cussed out my Colorado senators before. As an American with free speech rights you are allowed to redress your government in any manner you see fit as long as there are no threats. I ripped our only Republican representative Ken Buck for being the only Rep. not voting to start the impeachment against Sleepy Joe B. He publicly changed his mind a few days later. May enough of his citizens did the same as me. I have NO PROBLEM ripping my elected officials!!!

Last edited:
You can block calls on your cell for nothing. At least on Android phones. I don't do Apple products. We don't answer any call we don't know the number. At home we have a landline with an answering machine and we let the machine answer all the calls we don't know. They usually won't leave a message if it's a robo call. Our cordless home phone will even block calls by adding the number to a blocked call list in it's memory. We used to get tons of calls but not very many any more.

Grandma's landline is especially bad. My daughter tried to put her on a do-not-call list but she still gets a lot of them Now they are staring on my cell phone. I looked it up on the web and there are places that charge to put you on a list. Is there a free service?
No land line here because of that.

I like Spam. My girlfriend hates it though. She had to eat too much of it as a kid.
Are they offering a good deal on Spam, on the phone? It has to be a better price than Walmart to get my interest..
Original flavor too, please. Don't care for the funny flavors, or the less-salt versions.

If I’m not doing something, I’ll play along. Have had those idiots on the phone for twenty minutes, before they realize I’m messing with them. Even on the business phone. They hate it when I start laughing. It is quite entertaining.

I will answer the call with ……
Police Department! Is this an emergency?……

I like Spam. My girlfriend hates it though. She had to eat too much of it as a kid.
Are they offering a good deal on Spam, on the phone? It has to be a better price than Walmart to get my interest..
Original flavor too, please. Don't care for the funny flavors, or the less-salt versions.
good deals to be had on amazon, can find all the various flavors too ….

Change your number to a charge per call like the deviant sites use......at $20 per call, they'll leave you alone.

Being on the do not call list reduces the volume by about 30%.

THANKS, US government. How many billions did that cost?

I have one of those little compressed air emergency boat horns that I use on those guys! I haven't really seen a reduction in calls, but I have a lot of fun with it. BEEEEEEEEP. If you want to hear it, call me at 519-773-beep, and use a Pakistani accent.

My IPhone has a feature where if you are not on my contacts list it goes directly to voicemail. It stops almost if not all of the robocalls and if it’s something important they can leave a message.

That's my philosophy- I simply don't answer.

My ringer is very low or vibrate, and if I don't recognize the number and I'm not expecting a call from someone not in my contacts- I just don't answer.

90% of the spammers don't leave a message. 95% of legitimate calls DO leave a message.

Auto Transport Service
Back