• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stumped

Guess swapping back to a copper radiator core might be a solution?
I believe most of the time aluminium and copper are used together in electrolyses applications, so taking the aluminium out of the equation should solve this.
But he still may have aluminum heads, water pump, and other aluminum components that are exposed to the coolant system. I'd switch to straight water or regular pre mix to see if the problem went away. Then you could rule out coolant being the issue.

True, OP can confirm this.
So far he did not mention any alu heads or so.
I would also try some cheap standard pre mix or straight water with some coolant inhibitor.

Yes it has aluminum heads, pump housing and pump. This set up is almost identical to my Belvedere. Has Be Cool aluminum(6-7 years old) radiator, aluminum pump and housing. Only difference is the Indy heads and a few more cubic inches. Same GO5 coolant. No problems whatsoever with that cooling system.
Having lingering pressure on the system doesn't concern me as much as the electrolysis reading being sky high. I would hate to trash a new $$$ Be Cool radiator.

So it is a chemical version, could try their products to flush the system and add their electrolysis arrestor?
Or something similar from any other manufacturer and see if that keeps it away.

Auto Transport Service
Back