• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

sure grip oil

67belvedere/225

Local time
1:56 AM
Reaction score
what do run in your diff for oil
I used regular Castrol gear oil with a friction modifier additive
is synth better???

A lot of guys here like the ford additive, I think dr diff even recommends it

I use Lucas synthetic in mine, it’s an s trac though so no additive

I ran Lucas 80w-90 because that is what Tractor Supply stocks, plus a bottle of Mopar friction modifier. Whithout it the rear was super grabby.

Edit: 8 3/4 with clutch sure grip.

A lot of guys here like the ford additive, I think dr diff even recommends it
And regular gear oil, not sync. I used 80w90. The additive is called XL3. Get it at your local Ferd dealer. Dr. Diff says nothing else will last as long and preform better.
20170810_160421.jpg

20170810_114327.jpg

20170810_114337.jpg

When I changed the oil in my 2000 Durango (Crap Lock) and added the Ford additive, it was fine for about a 1000 miles then started chattering. STP went in next and it's been good for the last 50+k miles.

Can't remember what's in, but did not add the modifier. No chatter. Dana.

When I changed the oil in my 2000 Durango (Crap Lock) and added the Ford additive, it was fine for about a 1000 miles then started chattering. STP went in next and it's been good for the last 50+k miles.
I have read you saying that before.
How much STP? A whole bottle?
Thanks

O'Reily's has three different brands of 80/90/120 that have limited slip additive already mixed in.

I bought the Castrol brand.

I was shocked they had them and at the fairly inexpensive price.

The last time I tried to buy some was about 1992, and it was almost impossible to find.

Far out man...:lol:
I just used the Ford friction modifier that Cass recommended.
Never tried it in the older LSD's but it didn't work in the Crap Lock I mean Trac Lock that's in my 2000 Durango.....

Never tried it in the older LSD's but it didn't work in the Crap Lock I mean Trac Lock that's in my 2000 Durango.....
I had a new power lock installed with my 4.10 Dana/Spicer r&p replacing my 3.54. ZERO chatter. ALL good. (Can't WAIT for next Sunday "Sunday! Sunday!" to try the new ratio on the 1320)

Auto Transport Service
Back