• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

That's nice- but what the hell is it ? part V

5wndwcpe

Huge Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
Greeting and salutations ladies and gents and all ships at sea. Once again it's time for everyones favorite game show.......

That's nice - but what the hell is it ?

As always, the rules are simple. I'll post up a picture of a car related item and you have to guess what said item is and/or is used for relating to our beloved Mopars.

Due to an unexpected shortage of boots, the winner will receive an all expenses paid primary chain upside the head.

Management reserves the right to substitute prizes based on availability. The views expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of this station or it's subsidiaries.

P1010481.JPG

A tape rule or a quarter would help for size reference. I`m not sure if that rod is four feet long or six.

I wonder if that would fit in the back of a Dana for 'clocking' the sure-grip for axle location?
I can't see it being used for much else on a car ...other thought was for the steering column, but I'm struggling to see how or why.

for holding something in place, no clue thou

hint ?

My guess is the dia. is 3-4 in. (based on the cardboard it's on) and it's a tool of some kind (special wrench)?

Last edited:
Ooooh...good guesses this go round.

I'll post up another pic in the a.m. and for now, I'd say it's about 4 1/2" long, or just tall enough to support one mighty droopy nut sack.

If this is intended to be used to take up the bearing clearance on the real axles it looks like the arm is too long and it would only work without the brake shoes and related parts in place.--Maybe not?--

Hmm --If that is what it is why make it work on both sides without offset of the slots for gain of clocking movement?

Last edited:
It looks like another fixture/holding tool to restore a steering column.Bolt on to column and stick in vise?

It looks like another fixture/holding tool to restore a steering column.Bolt on to column and stick in vise?
X2

Miller made that in aluminum, I have one somewhere.

It clamps in a vice.

Scazmatic adapter

It could be politically incorrect to identify this item in such a way.
Those that are "scazmatic" and are adapters could use a special tool for their adapting endeavors. --But let us please have consideration with being so -short- in identifying them and their unique aides.

Auto Transport Service
Back