• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The 318 rehab continues....

Krooser

Local time
5:50 PM
Reaction score
Here's the latest YouTube video gabfest on my small block rehab...

Thanks for watching.

Seems as though it would be a good time to pull the head off and remove whatever it is in cylinders 5 & 7.
If one of those pieces does get stuck under an exhaust valve when it's in the car and all assembled, then it's way more work.

I'd suggest just buying the bolt kit or grabbing bolts from a yard for the exhaust manifolds.

Seems as though it would be a good time to pull the head off and remove whatever it is in cylinders 5 & 7.
If one of those pieces does get stuck under an exhaust valve when it's in the car and all assembled, then it's way more work.

I'd suggest just buying the bolt kit or grabbing bolts from a yard for the exhaust manifolds.
I think those tiny bits of copper are no danger to the engine. No more than carbon can be as they are much softer. Maybe only 1/8" in length.

I could stick my air hose into the cylinders and rotate the crank to get them out, too.

I have a thousand bolts in my bolt cabinet and plenty of grade 5 that I can cut and thread for way less $$$ than buying new studs .

I really like using studs as they make it easy to install and remove the manifolds.

Auto Transport Service
Back