• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Loons

Richard Cranium

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:23 AM
Reaction score
This new family hangs out just off shore in front of my place. Feeding the baby is pretty much a non-stop operation all day long and it's fascinating to watch them.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 261
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 264
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 256
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 262
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 248
Cool to watch aren't they, with that title I was expecting to see a pic of your family lol.

Just one? I see the baby ducks in my area and Ma and Pa starting off with quite a large entourage, but they seem to get picked off by predators and the herd dwindles pretty quickly.

Thats up in NH, Loons don't go to mASSholechussetts.

That is very true.

Just one? I see the baby ducks in my area and Ma and Pa starting off with quite a large entourage, but they seem to get picked off by predators and the herd dwindles pretty quickly.

Ducks are like Chevys; they're everywhere and millions are made yearly whereas Loons are like Mopars; more fascinating to look at and not as many made.

caught a couple of pics of these loony bastards on a fitchin trip a couple years back...DSC00528.jpgDSC00529.jpg

cool stuff RC/DH

I see loons in my pocket any day of the week...

220px-Loonie_reverse_view.jpg

Great pictures, RC!

Sure are neat birds. A few quaint calls by them at 6 am is a comfortable reminder you're somewhere much more pleasant than the traffic choked, cell phone ridden, stab your neighbor in the back concrete jungle. Funny how the simple things make you forget everything else so easily.

Sure are neat birds. A few quaint calls by them at 6 am is a comfortable reminder you're somewhere much more pleasant than the traffic choked, cell phone ridden, stab your neighbor in the back concrete jungle. Funny how the simple things make you forget everything else so easily.

True, but they have a nasty habit of screaming at 3:00 am.

Oh, I see. I thought you were talking about California again.

Well said Propwash...well said!

Nothing but duck heads around here.....

The loons stop at my house (south east WI.) in April, the 2nd through the 15th...this year the ice was still on the lake and the loons were about 20 days late.....yes they are nice BUT crabby, they CHASE all the other migratory birds away!

Auto Transport Service
Back