• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Trifecta

Roger63

Local time
5:08 AM
Reaction score
I hit it this last weekend. Beginning on Friday 20 miles after starting my day, all my warning lights began dancing like a cheap disco ball. Got towed in and put it in the shop. Went to the motel and woke up Saturday morning with a fever. By 4PM I was headed to the ER. Was admitted with double pneumonia. Jump to Monday having a visit with the Dr and he tells me that there was a cat scan done Saturday while I was out of it. He continues to tell me there is a mass in my right kidney. Probably cancer, my kidney is gonna have to go. Treatment is relatively simple and low cost. He also told me its probably been there a long time. All this wonderful luck is beginning to wear me out. Just venting a bit folks don't mind me.
:thumbsup:

Take care Roger!
Maybe a blessing in disguise.
I’m not a religious fella, but sometimes things seem to align

Making it through adversity builds character...
I pray that God carry the load that you cannot bear, and that you come through all of this with good results.
Thanks for sharing your burden.

Making it through adversity builds character...
I pray that God carry the load that you cannot bear, and that you come through all of this with good results.
Thanks for sharing your burden.
I've always been told I have plenty of character,

In early 2017, I went to see a Dr about my nervous stomach. They did an MRI and a CT scan and found the same thing that you did. Docs said that kidney stuff like this is most often found by accident. By the time real symptoms show up, it is too late to do anything. I had a partial removal using the 6 armed robot and have had follow up scans and X rays since. I've been fine. You will be too. Stay positive.

God bless you. Hope you get feeling better. Sounds like it was good you got sick or they may have not found it for a while.

All true, they found it purely by accident. I have never had a symptom at all, no pain swelling nothing. I'm grateful that it was discovered.

wow some crazy bad luck all at once

here's to a speedy & full recovery

best wishes & some good luck, good health

Praying as hard as I can and I'm sending the time God spends with me, to you for awhile. All will work out.

Best of luck Roger and praying you have a speedy recovery. These types of operations are like having tonsils taken out years ago.

Best of luck Roger and praying you have a speedy recovery. These types of operations are like having tonsils taken out years ago.
I've never been opened up, still have everything. Not to worried Doc says they do it laparoscopic.

I've never been opened up, still have everything. Not to worried Doc says they do it laparoscopic.
Me either!

My older brother fell off a ladder and he wouldn't go to the doctor about his pains he was having afterwards. Finally he went and they saw a small spot or two on his kidney after the ct scan. So they did another ct of his kidneys and in the background they could see a tumor on his prostate.

They used the da Vinci robot to remove the prostate through a few small incisions. He was home the same day, took one pain pill that night. Never took another pill and he recovered in a couple of weeks. Says he's pissing like a 20 year old again!

So I guess falling off of a ladder can have it's positives.

Gee Roger, I thought by the title you were playing the ponies... My dad had Kidney cancer and as I'm told it can go undetected for a long time. In fact he had back pain for over a year and was treated for that until he started to urinate blood.
So in retrospect although cancer is no joke, maybe you did get lucky.
Keeping you in our thoughts and you'll be back driving soon enough.
Keep us up to date

Auto Transport Service
Back