• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The "Youth" Of This Generation

It's not as much a dumb issue as it is an issue about being lazey and having an entitlement mentality. Nobody nowdays thinks they should start off at the bottom, they want instant gradification. I don't know what kind of car your talking about but mine will turn, stop and doesn't overheat "ever". I'll tell you what it doesn't do, it doesn't break half shafts, go threw clutches, require power adders, doesn't require frequent rebuilds to make 500+ hp and it didn't cost 30k. I really don't have a problem with them, just don't understand why you would dump money into a economy car to make it fast "it's an eco car".

Because it's what they are growing up with and therefore what they know. I don't see why car guys are always bashing other car guys for their choice in what brand they want to 'hotrod'. The argument about "my car can beat your car" is a waste of time. One trip to the drag strip will show you that if set up right, there are fast cars of all brands, although I admit, smoking the FRONT slicks is weird looking. Why don't we try a conversation with guys who happen to drive other brands. Who knows, maybe we'll convert a few!
BTW, to the fella above that said, F**k Hondas and anyone who likes them", I hope your parents or grandparents don't drive one...

Same thing our parents said about us, smae thing thier parents said about them, on and on and on.
You'rd gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop driving that Hot Rod Lincoln

"HOT ROD LINCOLN" was recorded by Charlie Ryan, circa 1961. Long before "Commander Cody, & His Lost Planet Airmen" version. Charlie's is the original, & (IMHO) - STILL-THE-BEST!!! :) Check-it-out on You Tube...
Regards,
AL :)

I'm 20 and was somewhat of a "bad" kid. Well that was until my mom kicked my *** out of the house and I got sent to live with dad and grandmother. Sure all the restrictions and what not sucked back then. But now that I think about it i wouldn't be where I am without my dad/grandmother being as strict as they where. **** I'd probably be in jail. But thanks to them I have a full time job as a glazier ( Followed my dad footsteps in that), The house I live in with my friend, My cars, all that good stuff. As for Rice burners. Some can be cool. But they have to be done right. My friend the other day was trying to tell me his friend has a stock civic with an intake that does 9's in the quarter mile. Argued about that one for awhile. This same friend drives a rice burner that is an inch off the ground with his wheels cambered out. He cant even drive down most streets but it's "cool" to look at. Take a look at his car. The new trend is this. Retarded!
16546746.png

I dont see why this is becoming so popular. It has literally no advantages whatsoever

I'm 20 and was somewhat of a "bad" kid. Well that was until my mom kicked my *** out of the house and I got sent to live with dad and grandmother. Sure all the restrictions and what not sucked back then. But now that I think about it i wouldn't be where I am without my dad/grandmother being as strict as they where. **** I'd probably be in jail. But thanks to them I have a full time job as a glazier ( Followed my dad footsteps in that), The house I live in with my friend, My cars, all that good stuff. As for Rice burners. Some can be cool. But they have to be done right. My friend the other day was trying to tell me his friend has a stock civic with an intake that does 9's in the quarter mile. Argued about that one for awhile. This same friend drives a rice burner that is an inch off the ground with his wheels cambered out. He cant even drive down most streets but it's "cool" to look at. Take a look at his car. The new trend is this. Retarded!
16546746.png

I dont see why this is becoming so popular. It has literally no advantages whatsoever

Yup its funny they all park at the far lot on campus because we have speed bumps all over that they can't clear. Oh and I know what you mean my buddy has a GTI with a cold air intake that he claims he beat multiple 11 sec cars on the street so he BELIEVES it must be faster but won't take it to the track...

Agreed about that Polara Pat

Worse than that is when you go to a good live show and everyone on the audience is either filming the band from their phone or letting everyone know on face book how much fun their having. Just enjoy the ******* show!!!

Went to see a Jackson Browne concert with my son and idiot next to me has to call and talk casually at length
to someone during some of the best songs, I was close to getting arrested on that day for destruction of property. A cooler head prevailed..:angryfire:

Worse than that is when you go to a good live show and everyone on the audience is either filming the band from their phone or letting everyone know on face book how much fun their having. Just enjoy the ******* show!!!

Lol, that IS annoying but ya gotta remember, this is how this generation connects with each other. In their minds, they are literally never alone. Sure their attention spans are short but they can also be productive at several things at once while commenting on facebook, watching tv, listening to music and with their baby brother screaming in the background. All things i am incapable of with the exception of listening to music.... But that's because that's all i had bitd.

How many times did your parents scream at you to 'turn the damn music down' or 'those headphones will make you deaf'. Well, now it's 'put the damn phone down'. Same as it ever was, fellas.

Sonny drives one of these.....where does this car "fall"? :dontknow:100_4742.jpg Humm?

The new trend is this. Retarded!
16546746.png

Remember 15-20 years back when the trend was to put all of the wheel offset outside the car and turn your '85 Caprice into a roller skate? And then all of the wheels started shearing off and turning into projectiles - the trend ended pretty quickly. Now WTF is this, a race to see who can kill a set of tires in the fastest time?

I think the whole idea of youth being dumber now than in the past is ridiculous. ask your parents and they'll reassure you that you were a damn fool back then.

regarding the jap cars, you go nuts about them spending $10k on a stereo, turbos and a rattle can and you yourself turn around and sink $30k into a 40 year old relic that cant turn, cant stop cant even drive in traffic without overheating inside of 20 min.

face it, fellas, we're all damn fools. Just fools with different opinions.
I've had a few cars that did that but not many. You sure you weren't driving GM's products? :D

dont loose all hope people.my wife is a high school english teacher.she runs many advanced programs at her school,which is in a very impoverished area of town.she sais that there are more kids in her advanced programs then ever before.so there should be atleast some people to run this country in a few years.
i have to say that,in general,todays kids suck.who is to truely blame is hard to say.they seem very disconected with the real world in general.
as far as other vehicles,and what people think of them,who cares.i love a well designed vehicle what ever the brand.but then no one wants to here a lier brag about there junk.

Seems like it's their peers that have a LOT of influence and not so much the parents these days. My oldest got real nuts when she turned 12 and got worse once she got into high school and my youngest took a totally different direction when she went to college. She became much more liberal and it only took her about 2 years to change her views but she is still pretty respectful unlike her sister.

.they seem very disconnected with the real world in general.
Here's a thought. Perhaps it us, the older generation that is disconnected from the real world. Maybe, just maybe, this younger generation has adapted to the world as it is now, rather than the world as it was. They live in the world "WE" created, just as their children will live in the world they create.

I'm an 80's kid, graduated high school in 88. I'm guilty of committing just as much douchbaggery stuff back then kids now. Nowadays you have saggy jeans, back then you had mullets, who looked like a bigger idiot??? Joined the USMC at 18 and still going at it. The USMC is a young man's game; the average age is around 20/21. I've had the pleasure of serving with and leading/supervising countless 20/21 year olds during my career, and for the most part they haven't changed much since I was one of them. The majority are great kids just learning life's lessons, and then there are always the lower 10% you just can't figure out. Those are probably the same 10% most of us are complaining about in this thread.
Back to cars - my first car at 16 years old was a 68 Chevelle (really a Malibu, lol). Back in the 80's we had a robust supply of cars worth hot rodding and we did what we could with our meager high school income. There were plenty of Chevelles, Camaros, Firebirds, Mustangs, Novas, and the occasional Mopar. Mopars were not that popular back then and still aren’t. I was at the Good Guys Fall National’s in Del Mar this past weekend and they might as well re-name it the 69 Pro-touring Camaro show, lol. Which is precisely why I love my Mopars now!
My point is - back then we had plenty of cheap, reliable, cool cars to start with. Sorry, but just not many around any more for less than $3k or $4k that are not a complete basket case and probably missing a motor/trans. Too bad these kids have to learn hard lessons on a Honda. Just like I learned putting a 450hp high reving small block in front of a powerglide with a 2.73 open diff and 4 wheel drum brakes wasn’t exactly the smartest way of doing things. Just like putting a big turbo on front wheel drive 4cyl car isn’t either, lol.

Sonny drives one of these.....where does this car "fall"? :dontknow:View attachment 90857 Humm?
just for the fun info,we just replaced a motor in one of those here in the shop.cost to cust was a final total of $19,500!that motor is stupid expensive and only available through the dealer.dont mess it up sonny.

Auto Transport Service
Back