• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Things That are Annoying

The crop of made-up "modern" words is something I find very annoying.
Now, I know the English language and it's words are fluid and ever changing, they always have been....but I'm sorry, word mash-ups like "webinar", "bromance", "chillax", "prequel" etc. are fukk'n stupid simply ridiculous!

TV Commercials

Why do they make a commercial so annoying that you have to hit the mute button or change the channel. That really has great results in selling their product.
And some of those mostly for drugs, with some wide-body gal jerking her hips side to side, and whining (she’s dancing and singing I guess). Drugs, more – drugs in-between local lawyers with their jingles. Watching a show on Hulu; Justified-Primeval I think, 3 minutes of the show then about the same amount for the commercials. Subscription costs that keep rising not enough..

stupid *** 'Bent carrot', commercials every 20 min.s
for peyronie's disease/crooked dicks
Yeah true, but those aren't as bad as the "you just keep being you" hiv-drug commercials. Disfuckingscusting!

Now, I know the English language and it's words are fluid and ever changing, they always have been....but I'm sorry, word mash-ups like "webinar", "bromance", "chillax", "prequel" etc. are fukk'n stupid simply ridiculous!
Add "Influencer" to the list.

What I find really annoying is that any useful communication method gets ruined by commercials, sales people, scammers, etc., until the useful communication method no longer practical or easy to use.

So we start out with US mail. Many years ago, all the advertisements and "standard rate postage" crap starts flooding our mailboxes, including letters that look official so you are forced to open them to check it out.

So then we get to the telephone, and now most of the calls are all scammers and computers trying to sell you crap or rip you off. Now, if a friend calls, I may not even see that because I have been forced to ignore my phone.

OK, then how about email? Well, now email gets flooded with so much SPAM that it's almost impossible to find emails that you need to see.

Now it has started with texting. Mark my words, soon we will get some many SPAM texts that that will become useless too. :BangHead:

:mob:

Add "Influencer" to the list.
Kardashians on the top...
I never watched it but heard & seen so much about them
freaken' sickning

Bruce, got turned

The auto misspell on the iPhone. It’s clearly programmed in a way that I don’t like. I can’t discuss it on this forum though.

Things That are Annoying​

* Dudes that refer to other men as BRO or DUDE every time.
*I agree with Lloyd too....the trend of making up hybrid words or even shortened words is annoying.
Chally? No....The car is a Challenger. Does anyone ever call a Charger a "Chargie?
* Dizzy, Dippy, Carby...None of these either, please.

* Buyers that are ALL in until you give them the shipping charges. I make NO money on the shipping unlike some actual vendors.
* Dipshits that want to drive right alongside me on the roadway. What is the point of this? I slow down, they do too. I speed up, so do they.
I don't need nor want anyone near me. In heavy traffic, there is no choice but otherwise, get away from me.
* Dorks that park right next to me when I intentionally parked WAY OUT away from everyone.
* Fees and surcharges. Some businesses have great prices listed but then as you are checking out, here come all the bullshit fees. Some of the self serve junkyards do this. Environmental fee, core charges...(For stuff they'd never restore or rebuild)
* Entitlement mentality: People that think that because they are a certain color or gender, they should get a pass for bad behavior or a cheaper price because they are "underprivileged"

* Hypocrisy: LEADERS that push hard for extreme changes in the world while not following their own guidelines.

* Tires that get old before they are worn out.
* Tires that wear out a LONG time before they get old.
* Ethanol gasoline.
* EV mandates.
* The 2024 CA ban on small engine power tools like lawnmowers, chain saws, leaf blowers, generators, rototillers, edgers, etc.

The kids in the condo playing soccer Sunday night
My neighbor washing his car almost everyday
My wife not cleaning the kitchen as she cooks
My employe complaining of every little detail of his delivery van
My sister being the drama queen she is
Not to have enough money for the coronet there's always an emergency or something showing up sucking all my money
Idiots in traffic
Idiots knowing all customers telling you how to do your work
The president of the republic
The governor
The president of my condo !@#$% idiot
Stupids cousins that I have
Not knowing how to fix something
To loose my 10 mm socket
Not have the tool when I need it ( doesn't matter if it's a one time use)
Getting old
Stupid conversations
Show off people
Modern music
Guys playing Stupid at the gym with girl weights ( you are a man for God sake)
My allergies ( practically everything give me a rash or a sneezed or clog my nose)
My wife nagging me
My dog bitting her ***
People who mistreat animals
Customers ordering expensive services and bargaining the price after the work is done.
Not having a TV series to watch
Mexican soap operas
Millennial people ( hate them)
Racist
Some countries
Filthy people
To Waste food
Leave things and clothes in the floor
People calling themselves non binary, transwhatever, God or evolution create two sex TWO!!!
Lazy people
... and a long etc.

The kids in the condo playing soccer Sunday night
My neighbor washing his car almost everyday
My wife not cleaning the kitchen as she cooks
My employe complaining of every little detail of his delivery van
My sister being the drama queen she is
Not to have enough money for the coronet there's always an emergency or something showing up sucking all my money
Idiots in traffic
Idiots knowing all customers telling you how to do your work
The president of the republic
The governor
The president of my condo !@#$% idiot
Stupids cousins that I have
Not knowing how to fix something
To loose my 10 mm socket
Not have the tool when I need it ( doesn't matter if it's a one time use)
Getting old
Stupid conversations
Show off people
Modern music
Guys playing Stupid at the gym with girl weights ( you are a man for God sake)
My allergies ( practically everything give me a rash or a sneezed or clog my nose)
My wife nagging me
My dog bitting her ***
People who mistreat animals
Customers ordering expensive services and bargaining the price after the work is done.
Not having a TV series to watch
Mexican soap operas
Millennial people ( hate them)
Racist
Some countries
Filthy people
To Waste food
Leave things and clothes in the floor
People calling themselves non binary, transwhatever, God or evolution create two sex TWO!!!
Lazy people
... and a long etc.

Feel better now?:lol:

After reading these posts, you have given me a lot more to be annoyed about than I realized..

One of the most annoying TV commercials is the Mattress Mack ones. He's pretty much local but the local Houston TV markets covers a lot of ground including surrounding counties. Jim Macingvale made his own commercial which was deemed one of the worse commercials ever made but since he already paid one of the local TV channels, he told them that "you have my money, now air it" and they did.

This happened in 81 (seems like a lot longer). He was told the spots would drive customers away but they were wrong and the commercials from then on didn't change much at all. He basically went from nothing to a millionaire from high pressure sales and the like. He's been on just about every channel available here and then some including AT&T sports net which mostly carries the Astros games. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't watch the games if it wasn't for the DVR. His commercials are the biggest reason I DVR everything!

He's 72 now and is still making them only he sits down most of the time.....he also looks like he's much older and I'm thinking that's from his druggie days.

If I see one more of the pillow guy commercial, I'm going to quit watching TV all together. If I needed a pillow I wouldn’t by it from his annoying ***.

Auto Transport Service
Back