• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is a national disgrace

At least it's getting coverage now. But they are way out of line.
3 million to remove cattle? Who's paying for all this use of excessive force?

Maybe one day the largest business in the world will be run like a business instead of some Ritch kids paying monopoly for the first time... why are there only 3 car companies when a homeschool dropout can build one in his yard while smoking weed and drinking after working 10 hour days....

I smell Harry Reid involvement. When it comes to dirty land deals here in Nevada Harry is usually all over it. What an ***... I read some of the comments and some of them have to be left wing nut jobs.
They want to be run like Russia and other 3rd word country's. We can't live without government. I say we can so go find another country to live in and take Harry with you.

Totally wrong in my opinion. When did turtles become more important than humans? When I was inducted into the Marines in 1966, I swore to defend this country from all enemies both foreign and domestic. This kind of **** confuses the hell out of me as well as pissing me off. One of the biggest problems I see with our country is all the pencil pushers in charge have no concept of what real life of the citizens actually is and they really do not appear to care.

Sorry guys, but I have no sympathy for either party. This guy isn't a subsistence farmer, he's a rancher for profit, and every business owner knows two things: there are costs of doing business and those costs always change. It doesn't matter if his family has grazed land for free since Moses was a pup, things change, costs change, so frigging deal with it. If one of my vendors decides to up their rates I can't keep using them and refuse to pay them, and neither can this guy. At the end of the day he's a cheap *** who's trying to paint himself as the poster boy for oppressed Americans and he's anything but. You don't want militarily-armed guards surrounding you, here's a tip: obey the law!

As for the government, I'm not getting how you can designate an area as protected because some tortoise is in danger, but then allow ranchers to graze cattle on the land if they pay a fee. Isn't the point of designating land as a protected zone to keep things like several hundred pounds of steer from stepping on little things like Mr. Tortoise?

The Feds are rounding up the old heifers from the Bunny Ranch to preserve the environment of desert turtles? That is a disgrace! Oh, wait a minute. It says Bundy Ranch, not Bunny Ranch. Uh, nevermind.

The Feds are rounding up the old heifers from the Bunny Ranch to preserve the environment of desert turtles? That is a disgrace! Oh, wait a minute. It says Bundy Ranch, not Bunny Ranch. Uh, nevermind.

That reminds me........

[video=youtube;WKQkf2xte38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKQkf2xte38[/video]

If you like your land; you can keep your land. Period.

The gov't just wants control of the land and they are using the tortoise as an excuse. If the endangered species was in the way of the gov't it would become extinct over night and reports to cover up the extermination would follow. Who says the Soviet Union is dead?

If you like your land; you can keep your land. Period.

The gov't just wants control of the land and they are using the tortoise as an excuse. If the endangered species was in the way of the gov't it would become extinct over night and reports to cover up the extermination would follow. Who says the Soviet Union is dead?

I agree comrade.

I'm kind of on the fence about this... no pun intended... I think it's sad, that it has been allowed for well over a hundred years & now all of a sudden they strictly enforce some vague law that wasn't ever enforced in the past, tax revenue or income for the state now... To me it seems like isn't that a precedent already set for a standard, previously... I saw something on this the other day too, where part of the problem was started because the wild Mustangs round up, ranchers wanted to kill the horses or get rid of them in some other way... IIRC where there was a big beef over it & the horses were eating all the grass, that the cattle ranchers think, is exclusively for free range cattle, because they've done it since 1870's under some sweetheart water & grazing deal, poke the bear you get the claws... BLM & the eco-Nazi woke up & started fighting back... Or was that another story, altogether ??... I know tradition is a hard thing to let go of, especially when it was free or near free & your making big money off the sale of the cattle after fattening them up on BLM land... On another note, but if your an established long time cattle rancher, can't stop your cattle from crossing a proverbial line, with no fencing, have some ranch hands herding them or something in the free range then you probably shouldn't have your cattle out there... Don't get me wrong I don't like govt. interference or overstepping the boundaries, strong arm crap like this stuff, any more than anyone else does. but there's far more to this story than what is being reported, someone didn't donate to some political campaign or back the wrong candidate or something, but you won't ever see that story on most all the left leaning media networks & press... My family raised cattle when I was in HS, when the grazing got bad or the land was overtaxed it had to be left alone for a couple years to come back, we had to buy hay, alfalfa, feed corn, sorghum & oats {it ain't cheap but still can profit} & either pen feed the animals or send them to the slaughter house, thin the herd, then get the herd in a size more appropriate for the land they were grazing, all our own private land or adjoining land, leased for pay from other neighbors, in Garden Valley, I may add, so it's kind of hard to feel sorry for someone's family that got a free ride & sweetheart deal for well over 100 years, now complaining... But I still don't like how it is being handled &/or exploited either, there could have been a compromise somehow someway...my $0.02 cents

The Johnson County Range Wars are starting up again. Even though you bring some insight into this Bruzzila, you are sorely misguided. The land belongs to the People and not the Government. Free Grazers have always been subjected to ridicule and hate. Those Cattle are private property and therefore Rancher Bundy has the right to take them back by any means possible. Even if it means an open Range War. I support this wholeheartedly. Just tell me where to be and I along with many others will gladly show up. This is just purely wrong what the Feds are doing...By the way too...The Desert Tortoise or more correctly the Mojave Desert Tortoise, is alive and doing well in its protected area here in CA. There isn't a need to insert them into this but the Enviro Hacks will use anything they can to get their lame brained agendas onto the table. Pathetic...

Huh, so 200 armed federal agents can surround a ranch, but they can't figure out our border with Mexico? This country is so screwed

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, maybe we could line the southern border with this turtle and that way nobody would be allowed to trespass there

I'm a little reluctant to jump in here because this is such a hot button issue for everyone. If I read the article correctly, in one sentence Bundy calls the disputed property "his family's land" and in another sentence he calls it "public lands". It's either one or the other and I'm guessing that the disputed land is not deeded to Mr. Bundy. The news article doesn't say, but he has probably been using the federal land under the Taylor Grazing act of 1934. The grazing law has been around for a long time and has always been a sore spot between the ranchers and the Federal Government (BLM mostly) over the administration of the land. While I agree that the Federal response to this dispute is over the top, the Grazing Act is the law and should be enforced. If people don't like the way the law is written they should work to get the law changed. Just my 2 cents.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taylor_Grazing_Act_of_1934

So this guy's family has been feeding at the public trough since 1870 and we should be outraged that the Feds are finally making him pay his fair share?

After seeing the range war threats on this board I'm not surprised 200 armed Feds showed up, maybe they should have brought more.

Breaking the law is breaking the law, political inclination should not enter in the decision to enforce the law.

Auto Transport Service
Back