• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to hit the Track.

Nice work Malex! That sled is hauling the mail now!
----
Thanks LW. Yes things are falling into place now, Finally. On the very first pass this morning, I had not a clue what to expect, going left, going right or going up, and how much... but when I let the button go the car hooked solid, no bouncing around at all and the front came up and walked out a nice wheelie. Straight into the 9's. It was great, then came the worrying. So the air cleaner went on and 3 degrees of timing came out. That kept me on the safe side of 10.0 with 10.04's 10.06's etc, and going right to the semi final before going red. All in all, a great first day on ladder bars.

CONGRATULATIONS!
I've been reading this thread all morning from the beginning and it was very difficult not skipping to today's posts!
I was almost ready to transport you & your car to a track just to see what it did...
Way to go!
:thumbsup:
---
Thanks BDF6! There's been a lot of FBBO suggestions and advise along the way. It's been a group effort.

Now you have to take the permanent 10.something off your windshield. Congrats!
----
Thanks! 10.0 is the limit. Just a roll bar so that's it. I stepped over the line, now to be consistent just on the safe side of 10.0

Very Nice. We haven't had any trouble with the under 10 second police. Sons car has been in the 9's numerous times. As for collectors try them and see. I did, did nothing better or worse. Got mine apart today. No smoking gun yet but I don't see any cracks.
Doug
----
The track sheriff over here wears a big hat and likes to use it.

Guys, I have to give credit where credit is due. Many of you guys helped me all the way along for the last 2 years and it is greatly appreciated. We have great assets here in each other at FBBO and we all win from it.

Regarding the decision to make the switch to ladder bars, which smartened the Plymouth right up, came from the advise and help of Superstock Racer. I reached out to him last August with my inconsistencies and suspension problems and he knew what I was going through and how to fix it. The triple adjustable bars and the complete set up all came from him and it worked exactly like he said it would. Thanks to Superstock racer this old Plymouth sure is working now!

@bearman , Mike Gaines sold his 10.ohs coronet, it 's now in Denmark. His new ride is drop-dead gorgeous, but its got a street motor, (for now, lol).
@malex , are you 9 second legal, or are you just gonna take a smidge of power out?
---
No I'm not legal for 9's. My goal was to dip my toe into 9 second water a time or 2 and then run consistent around the 10.1 mark.

Great to hear not only the car worked, but the driver did too! Any day you get to the semifinals is a great day at the track. Keep turning on those winlights!!

Is the improvement coming mostly in 60 ft? Maybe you could post a time slip from this weekend and a one from last year so we can compare incremental?

Mike....GOOD JOB. I LOVE IT.
Your car is now officially FASTER than my Coronet and will forever be faster as mine is running up and down the streets in Denmark, not on the dragstrip..
I won't be putting a big motor in my new Belvedere any time soon. Just going to enjoy driving it to car shows, hot dog stands, rod runs, for now.
It certainly is a candidate for a big motor though, with an 8.50 certified chassis, 4 link, 9" Strange Nodular iron 4.88 3rd member, 15x15 Weld Wheels and room for up to 17" wide race slicks...and only weighing about 3100 lbs.

1.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 30.jpg 20190425_152846.jpg

Your car is now officially FASTER than my Coronet and will forever be faster as mine is running up and down the streets in Denmark, not on the dragstrip..
I won't be putting a big motor in my new Belvedere any time soon. Just going to enjoy driving it to car shows, hot dog stands, rod runs, for now.
It certainly is a candidate for a big motor though, with an 8.50 certified chassis, 4 link, 9" Strange Nodular iron 4.88 3rd member, 15x15 Weld Wheels and room for up to 17" wide race slicks...and only weighing about 3100 lbs.

View attachment 773304 View attachment 773305 View attachment 773306 View attachment 773307 View attachment 773308 View attachment 773309 View attachment 773310
Mike,it gets to the point where the big tire will slow the car down.I have seen many cars much faster than me doing it on a 10.5w,,,,,,Doug is also on a 10.5w.

Guys, I have to give credit where credit is due. Many of you guys helped me all the way along for the last 2 years and it is greatly appreciated. We have great assets here in each other at FBBO and we all win from it.

Regarding the decision to make the switch to ladder bars, which smartened the Plymouth right up, came from the advise and help of Superstock Racer. I reached out to him last August with my inconsistencies and suspension problems and he knew what I was going through and how to fix it. The triple adjustable bars and the complete set up all came from him and it worked exactly like he said it would. Thanks to Superstock racer this old Plymouth sure is working now!
----

View attachment 773304 View attachment 773305 View attachment 773306 View attachment 773307 View attachment 773308 View attachment 773309 View attachment 773310
---
Enjoy the new car Mike and soon enough you'll be back on the track!

Auto Transport Service
Back