• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to hit the Track.

Congrats Malex! Great job.
——
Thanks 69!
Now to slow it down and as per plan,
3A09D635-9FBE-44BB-A357-4C0080C9A536.jpeg

the steel hood is back on. So add about 35 lbs should make it safe but hood design performance will now show up.
73EA77C4-0244-42DB-8059-5695165DED8B.jpeg

And a little fun...
0BA79779-0AD9-4651-B86B-BDA10EEAB968.jpeg

What was the corrected alt on your 9.90s pass?

Corrected altitude? 1200 ft? Or do you keep track of that?

Love the steel hood, weight(?) oughta work out great. Suspension looks really great,congrats.

Love the steel hood, weight(?) oughta work out great. Suspension looks really great,congrats.
---
Thanks Oldbee! Yeah, It's nice to get the hemi scoop back on the car. It's going to add about 30 - 35 lbs to the front, there goes the weight I just trimmed off, will have to give AAR a call I guess. The suspension works as good as it looks, thanks!

A couple of pics on the net that I came across today
IMG_6096.PNG

IMG_6094.PNG

Sure is nice to not having that rear end playing jack in the box.

I couldn't really tell from the video, did the bars touch?

Well done
I feel your pain with the weight ! . I am right at 85-100lb heavier with the new World block . All on the front . No easy weight loss - unless I swap out bench seat for some lighter street buckets .Test day for me tomorrow , hope to get back in the 10.30s/130mph
Tex

Well done
I feel your pain with the weight ! . I am right at 85-100lb heavier with the new World block . All on the front . No easy weight loss - unless I swap out bench seat for some lighter street buckets .Test day for me tomorrow , hope to get back in the 10.30s/130mph
Tex
---
Yeah the additional weight is in the worst spot too, for both of us! Good luck tomorrow! Interested to hear how you do.

Time to visit aar and get some glass hoods.

From one of the pics, the ladders “look” close to the ground. Don’t think they really are.

Last weekend at the track I noticed some oil on the valley pan under the intake. Sure enough, the flimsy pan cracked, like I have read that they do. Check it out. Cracked up both sides. What I did was tie a rag under the intake and it wick'd the oil, got me through the day.
And what you're seeing on the right side is my new home made valley pan. 1/4" aluminum.
IMG_0844.jpg

The new pan is in place. I left .025 gap up each side and sealed it with right stuff. I'll build another one in the offf-season, a 2 piece.
IMG_0845.jpg

The steel hood came off the wall and got bolted on. I had a large hole made previously and you can see in the picture below the air pan that I fab'd up today. I built it so that it loosely fit in the hood hole, then I shut the hood and had it sit flat on the air bell to get the right angle. I marked it along the hood edge, removed, trimmed, reinstalled and riveted in place. As good as it can get, sits flush on the air bell with the hood closed and pinned. Will put a thin foam gasket around the outer edge of the air bell to seal it tight. The air bell radius is 12.750". Air pan hole is 11.500"
IMG_0849.jpg

And a front shot looking in. A comp cam decal found it's way onto the front before it got riveted up into place. There's 2" space from the air pan to the top of the scoop.
IMG_0851.jpg

So you know guys, this will be the official test. The Hemi Hood scoop verses the cowl hood that just came off. Any predictions???

Last edited:
Time to visit aar and get some glass hoods.
---
Yeah, problem is that I need 2 of them. One for the Dart too! And no, I ain't gonna look around at other fibreglass hoods suppliers, especially one... LOL. I learnt my lesson well, most will remember that **** show. Lol.

That engine bay sure looks good. I need some lessons from you.

Auto Transport Service
Back