• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

To those that WINCE when a 69 Charger gets jumped and wrecked.....

Back when those shows were produced, the cars were not exactly commanding high prices....and not many people were complaining about it. It was the later movie remakes that started bringing out the cries for mercy lol. But even those newer shows were using cars that were in pretty bad shape. I understand that there's always something good that's getting torn up though....lots of messed up cars with good parts on them getting wasted for the $$$ sign.

as I tell people today...
"Back then, these cars were NOT rare"

On the plus side, the DOH show did more to promote the second generation Chargers (and Mopars in general) than any other entity; and including the faltering and bankrupt Chrysler Corporation.

From a young guys prospective, who was trying to restore a second generation Charger, from New England, with no aftermarket parts available to do so,it was hard to watch them destroy rust free examples when the show was on the air. I still watched it every Friday night though.

How bout jumping this...

jessica-dukes20-1.jpg

sad to see, even for that era of Trans Am

the show must go on
(don't know where you can find a Trans Am for 5k anymore, unless it's a gen 3)

earlier Trans Am's, he could 'get hung for it'

the epitome of white trash in a Trans Am

81 Trans Am VP Joe Biden #1 White Trash.jpg

Joe wants us to drive a Prius, while he does the creepy nuzzling thing to some poor woman, in that gross polluting Turbo Trash Can!

We wrecked them all the time when we were young. Paid 400 bucks for a 68 road runner, 383, bench seat, 3 speed on the floor. Went sideways hit a telephone pole with the back corner, got out, took the plates off and walked home. I should be shot today for that and never thought about it for a minute back then.

Biden drove his corvette on Jay Leno's garage along with Colin Powell.

Auto Transport Service
Back