• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Traffic stop

Im 52 and have had my fair share of tickets as a kid in my 70 340 Cuda and a few daily drivers...seems like when I cut my hair lost the leather jacket and STOPPED smart mouthing...thing went much better....who would have thunk it???

During my shift today I made a traffic stop on a 74' RR. It was odd because it was the same color with similar options as the one my dad handed down to me. Let's just say I used officer discretion when giving the owner a verbal warning.

You'd have to be a jerk to cite a guy for taking his grandkids for a joyride

Regardless of the circumstance, it is not appropriate for you as a Law Enforcement Officer to comment on a public forum about this. It is government business, not yours to share publicly outside of the official capacity of your office.

Last edited:
he is just showing us he's human, just like the rest of us, (well most of us). the way it used to be when I grew up. wish there were more law enforcement like him, hats off super60dodge!

Last edited:
Regardless of the circumstance, it is not appropriate for you as a Law Enforcement Officer to comment on a public forum about this. It is government business, not yours to share publicly outside of the official capacity of your office.

That only applies to open cases. All reports are public record unless juveniles are involved. Then their names are redacted.

I could see your gripe if I posted the guys name and asked if he was a member here.

This is my favorite bumper sticker. I display it on the rear side window of my '04 GTO and on my "70 Plymouth Fury III ex-Washington State Patrol car.

100_0491.JPG

It's public information, anyone can go down town and look up who ever what ever and get the same information. Like posted above, if not an open case or juvenile involved. Even if a juvenile was involved, you can still get information they just black out anyone under age.
For the ones saying you gave him a break, give others a break. I know there is more breaks given out then citations, be honest with the officer and don't be pissed you got caught doing something. Just like a dog can smell fear, they can see the anger in your face and hear it in your voice.

Always wear you HOOD in PA.Ask how I know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
You can't see in the photo,the one with his back to the camera,Shorty(that what he called himself) took a picture of my engine compartment:eek: Now was that for the court as evidence or to show the boys back at the barricks???:lol:

View attachment 608196 View attachment 608197
So you get stopped for no hood, unsafe I'm assuming the way the law is written but riding a bike with no helmet, your choice safe or unsafe. Some times laws don't make a whole lot of sense. :realcrazy:

In New Jersey...
It is against the law for a man to knit during the fishing season.
You may not slurp your soup.
I believe there are two in the books about, not being able to beat your wife on Sunday's or eat an ice cream cone on the sidewalk on Sunday either.

Everyone in PA better get you cornfield looking car covers and have them at the ready.
Any motorist who sights a team of horses coming toward him must pull well off the road, cover his car with a blanket or canvas that blends with the countryside, and let the horses pass.

This was the last time I was stopped, actually I eventually got him stopped.
20180317_085726.jpg

You see his brake lights are on, he had more then he could take of me pacing him down the highway at 80, posted speed limit 65.
I was in no rush this day so the one time I was not speeding I got looked at. So before this pic was taken, he pulled up on the back of my car so close he might as well been in the back seat. I down shifted instead of hitting the breaks so my lights would not come on and see if he could counter move without warning. He did and pulled up along side of me, gestured for me to slow down. I gave him the point to my dash, and mouthed to him I'm doing 65. I got a thumbs up and he pulled off. The car was unmarked, no lights to be seen and nothing on his shirt sleeve identifying him as an officer so I decided to tail him. This went on for about 6 to 8 miles then my exit was coming up and he sees me getting ready exit. We both ended up stopping on the side of the ramp and after both of us explained our actions, we talked cars for another 10 mins or so and went on our way with a, it was nice meeting you have a good day.
He could have easily written me two tickets for what I did to him but he didn't.

Last edited:
Unlike what American Pravda would have you believe, 99% of police officers are a testament of character.

About 80% of our traffic interactions end in a warning. We let the state patrol and small village cops cite the hell out of people. I stopped a 64 Malibu for the same crap and gave him a warning a few weeks back.

As a matter of fact I haven't cut a ticket for a minor infraction in a while. Most stops we make are for drug interdiction purposes.
LOL, bet ur doing plenty of those from what I read & see on the news.

Well Shorty did let me go for all the obstruction of vision tickets! My accelerometer hangin from the rearview mirror,the 5 inch tach in my face,the gauge pod on the cowl.....told me the local kids would cry if he let the NYr go with no tickets.

During my shift today I made a traffic stop on a 74' RR. It was odd because it was the same color with similar options as the one my dad handed down to me. Let's just say I used officer discretion when giving the owner a verbal warning.

You'd have to be a jerk to cite a guy for taking his grandkids for a joyride

"Blue Lives Matter"
You made that guys day!
Thank you for that gesture.

That only applies to open cases. All reports are public record unless juveniles are involved. Then their names are redacted.

I could see your gripe if I posted the guys name and asked if he was a member here.
I wasn't really griping, just saying be careful. As screwed up as our society is these days toward LEOs, anything can happen. Being a retired vet, I'll always have the backs of my brothers and sisters in law enforcement!

So you give a guy a break cause he has a car you like.

Do you give breaks to guys in cars you dont like?

Next time some hypocrite pulls me over in my POS impala i should tell him i have a bunch of old Mopars? Will i get a break? Should i show him pictures?

Be fair. Give everyone a break. Just wasting our time pulling us over is enough.

Sorry. Too many years and too many miles and dealing with too many pricks collecting the kings ransom. There are a couple fair ones out there. Be one of them please.
I say it depends on just what traffic infraction the guy was guilty of. Was he speeding in a residential area, was he doing 90 on a highway thats posted 65? Were the kids seat belted? If the driver of this classic car was acting in a unsafe manner with CHILDREN in the car not only is he guilty of a traffic violation he is guilty of child endangerment. To hell with what he is driving. A old classic car does not make it ok. I sure the officer, a member of this forum who chose to share this story with us was confident enough the kids were in no danger and the driver was NOT speeding. Myself although the officer did not say exactly what the driver did, id hold any comment until i know.

I say it depends on just what traffic infraction the guy was guilty of. Was he speeding in a residential area, was he doing 90 on a highway thats posted 65? Were the kids seat belted? If the driver of this classic car was acting in a unsafe manner with CHILDREN in the car not only is he guilty of a traffic violation he is guilty of child endangerment. To hell with what he is driving. A old classic car does not make it ok. I sure the officer, a member of this forum who chose to share this story with us was confident enough the kids were in no danger and the driver was NOT speeding. Myself although the officer did not say exactly what the driver did, id hold any comment until i know.

I stopped him for multiple marked lane violations. The car was roughly 4 miles from a drag strip that I grew up on. A large event was going on and we get plenty of DUI/OVI arrests from guys drinking at the track and driving home. The guy showed no signs of impairment so he wasn't cited for marked lanes. If he was intox there would have been a mound of charges having kids in the car.

I stopped him for multiple marked lane violations. The car was roughly 4 miles from a drag strip that I grew up on. A large event was going on and we get plenty of DUI/OVI arrests from guys drinking at the track and driving home. The guy showed no signs of impairment so he wasn't cited for marked lanes. If he was intox there would have been a mound of charges having kids in the car.
Im sure you would have arrested him on the spot if he was DWI. If you felt he was not endangering those kids or other drivers thats enough for me.

I have to say that I have been treated fairly by the officers I've met in my day.(on the whole).
I had/aquired 85 tickets earned from age sixteen till mid-twenties.
It cost me a lot of money and was a good lesson about the rules of the road.
My last ticket was in Wyoming. I was driving my Hellcat home to Oregon from purchase.
The deal was he got me for 85 in a 75 zone. He was impressed with everything being in order with regard to insurance and paperwork for the new car.
He chose to give me a ticket for 84MPH instead of 85 to save me the extra cost. Also he was all over the car being it was the first one he had a close look at.:)
He had a new Charger cop car and we had a good conversation comparing the bells and whistles of the two cars.
Cops are car guys too.

BTW I did take a risk in South Dakota. I saw 575HP on my dash in fifth gear at 160 mph on an open empty freeway. Glad to have not been nabbed on that one.:eek:

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back