• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Trick flow 240 heads - prep for 7/16 pushrods?

ChargerST

Local time
3:48 AM
Reaction score
How much material is around the pushrod holes on a Trick Flow 240 head? The holes are 1/2" wide and should work fine with 3/8" pushrods so when going to 7/16" pushrods I would need to open the hole to 9/16" to get the same clearance (1/8" total or 1/16" each side).
Or did you make the hole even larger?

The holes are very close to the intake ports and I don't know how much material can be safely removed...

maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
I have the same heads with 7/16 (actually, still putting the engine together as I type) and they clear with 0.030 either side of the centerline. I found it really comes down to how well you shim the rockers to the 0.015-0.030 spec TF and 400 Source recommend for their rockers.
Assuming you have roller rockers?
Are you getting interference currently?
What's the clearance you're getting with the 7/16?

I have the same heads with 7/16 (actually, still putting the engine together as I type) and they clear with 0.030 either side of the centerline. I found it really comes down to how well you shim the rockers to the 0.015-0.030 spec TF and 400 Source recommend for their rockers.
Assuming you have roller rockers?
Are you getting interference currently?
What's the clearance you're getting with the 7/16?
Which pushrods did you buy? Straight, single taper, dual taper?

Nothing the matter with 7/16" pushrods. But when using a 240 head the cam being used is probably pretty mild. Why 7/16"
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back