• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tropical Storm Ida projected to hit as a Cat 3, maybe 4...

Man, I'd be happy for you...
I just encountered a good news/bad news scenario about 7 minutes from my house. A gas station and convenience store had gasoline, and NO LINE to wait...
Bad news? Premium ONLY and $3.64 a gallon, about 90 cents more per gallon. I went ahead and got $100 worth, which almost filled up the gas containers I brought with me, which is about 7 gallons less than I have readily available containers for.
All in all, I can't complain. My well water pump is working, and I spare the gasoline in the generator that I have dedicated to the water pump by only running it first thing in the morning for animal care and general morning activities. I run it for about 5 minutes when I need to run the pressure back up.
Last night I unplugged a upright freezer and a refrigerator/freezer to save gas, and that works fine.
Some protein drinks at Sam's and oil for a oil change in both generators, and yard work.
That's my Saturday for Labor Day weekend.
Years ago when my fuel pump went out on my 95 Beater Dakota, I pulled the roll over protection ball from the fill pipe so I can siphon gas from it. It has a 22 gallon tank and well, that's not really enough but it helps. I have several 5 gallon cans too but it's getting where it's hard on my back to carry them when full.

Funny how feeding a generator for a few weeks makes you happy to pay your electric bill afterwards.

August 29th...
Wow...
The wind from Katrina blew through a gap in the sliding glass doors of the house I was living in at the time. The seam where the 2 glass doors meet. Usually that is sealed by a gasket, but the door was being pushed on with enough force to open that gap.
The REAL memorable thing about that is the wind was exiting my house under the front door, which had an old, thin metal "gasket" across the bottom at the threshold. That piece of metal vibrated from the speed and volume of wind blowing over it, just like a reed in a musical instrument, and made a really weird sound as it did so.
My yard is going to flood bad.
I have a lot to do tomorrow.
I certainly hope the water doesn't reach my elevated house or Caravan parked high up on the driveway ramp leading to the house.
Love a good cat for sure.

Years ago when my fuel pump went out on my 95 Beater Dakota, I pulled the roll over protection ball from the fill pipe so I can siphon gas from it. It has a 22 gallon tank and well, that's not really enough but it helps. I have several 5 gallon cans too but it's getting where it's hard on my back to carry them when full.
No way we all get older but always can carry a gas can brother.

I have a Gorilla Cart. Carries 1200 lbs. That's a lot more than I can carry.

I hope this here doesn’t play out.View attachment 1161177
Oh no, he’s back, only two days ahead.
B2E65008-30FC-47F2-BBE4-D3867CDA3646.png

Really was talking about you.

If Colorado Springs was destroyed by an avalanche every ten years or so I would consider moving. Your choices are your choices. You have to live with the consequences and not always ask for a bailout. Oh and thank the Lord, what? Why did he spare you and not others? Who sent the hurricane? Sorry but I do not put up with religious speak when it's hurtful to others who for some reason didn't receive the grace of God.
You raise a compelling point IMO. I’ve wondered why people think God spared them while others were not. Good folk, God fearing, or otherwise, or even skanks, skirted by or were tanked. Same deal with people thinking their friggin ball team was given God’s grace with victory while losing team wasn’t. How is THIS supposed to work exactly? Do I thank God for the blessings I’ve had? I sure do. But, there’s a biblical phrase I always remember – God gave man free will. This, IMO is simply the team playing better on that day – by their will, or by better prep, or even better luck won – period. How many games we’ve seen played where breaks were given by bad calls or a poorly performing player? Same game played on a different day – maybe a different result. God is taking his time to make one team win or lose?

Nature – some call Mother – takes its course bending a few miles one way or the other sparing some and not others…God is intently focused with making THIS happen to save one schmuck and not the other?

I often remember free will when reading or hearing of the countless disasters and heinous crimes committed around the planet…and think WE have been gifted with the intelligence to prevent a whole lot of it and the smarts to learn from past mistakes…we routinely DON’T learn from. My interpretation of God is - he is viewing the friggin idiocy and the bright spots of humankind…

You raise a compelling point IMO. I’ve wondered why people think God spared them while others were not. Good folk, God fearing, or otherwise, or even skanks, skirted by or were tanked. Same deal with people thinking their friggin ball team was given God’s grace with victory while losing team wasn’t. How is THIS supposed to work exactly? Do I thank God for the blessings I’ve had? I sure do. But, there’s a biblical phrase I always remember – God gave man free will. This, IMO is simply the team playing better on that day – by their will, or by better prep, or even better luck won – period. How many games we’ve seen played where breaks were given by bad calls or a poorly performing player? Same game played on a different day – maybe a different result. God is taking his time to make one team win or lose?

Nature – some call Mother – takes its course bending a few miles one way or the other sparing some and not others…God is intently focused with making THIS happen to save one schmuck and not the other?

I often remember free will when reading or hearing of the countless disasters and heinous crimes committed around the planet…and think WE have been gifted with the intelligence to prevent a whole lot of it and the smarts to learn from past mistakes…we routinely DON’T learn from. My interpretation of God is - he is viewing the friggin idiocy and the bright spots of humankind…
That's called the Watchmaker view. God made everything and sits back and watches without intervening

It is incorrect.

God intervened about 2000 years ago so we who deserve everlasting punishment and separation from God could be saved and enjoy Him forever.

That's called the Watchmaker view. God made everything and sits back and watches without intervening

It is incorrect.

God intervened about 2000 years ago so we who deserve everlasting punishment and separation from God could be saved and enjoy Him forever.
Someday you'll have to expand as sorry not following the entire gist......

Hurricane Larry looks as if will wonder somewhat aimlessly in the Atlantic. Sounds like a Larry to me? (Any present company excluded of course?)

Auto Transport Service
Back