• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U drive screws

dan juhasz

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:50 PM
Reaction score
I want to attach the tire location plate to the concrete floor for the lift. As far as I know they use round head u drive screws that just hammer into a pre drilled whole. Searched the net, largest I can find is a #14 which is still very small having a head diameter of only 7/16. Any ideas where to source what I need or am I even looking for the correct product?

BE3A57D5-1E72-4231-98DF-4E951015DC71.jpeg

0B836BC6-BBE0-422D-8C80-811689C036EF.png

I wouldn't think those are recommended for concrete. Could use a Tap-con, or Zumack nail-in.

Those type of anchors will never pull out, or if they do, the'll take up a chunk of concrete with them. I'd use something like this instead which is available at Home Depot or any good hardware store.

Midwest%20Fastener%20Corp_07570xxc59c70.jpg

I would put a plastic anchor in the hole and run a pan head screw in it and call it a day.

Wow, great minds think alike!!

I want to attach the tire location plate to the concrete floor for the lift. As far as I know they use round head u drive screws that just hammer into a pre drilled whole. Searched the net, largest I can find is a #14 which is still very small having a head diameter of only 7/16. Any ideas where to source what I need or am I even looking for the correct product?

View attachment 1410067

View attachment 1410068
Those drive rivets are like the ones in the tin splash shield under stock small block intakes.

When I was running the shop at Chrysler, I bought those by the thousands. We hung signage, towel dispensers, you name it in concrete and concrete block walls almost everyday.

I wouldn't think you need a very big screw for that purpose.

I wouldn't think you need a very big screw for that purpose.
Not really, there is no pressure. I installed many of those at work.

I use Red Heads with a fender washer.
Over drill the hole depth. If you have to remove them you can grind the head off and the fender washer saves the plate from being damaged.
You can drive them further into the concretre and plug the hole.
Home Depot stocks these
Ed

492EC8BA-7434-4AF6-912D-B071E898CEE9.jpeg

6EDCEB0F-B997-4EBA-9CC4-F9736A708491.jpeg

One tip I was given long ago about mounting anything into concrete ... always drill the hole right through. That way if you ever break the screw or stud off or even need to get rid of it, you can knock it right through and replace it or fill the hole.

I use Red Heads with a fender washer.
Over drill the hole depth. If you have to remove them you can grind the head off and the fender washer saves the plate from being damaged.
You can drive them further into the concretre and plug the hole.
Home Depot stocks these
Ed

View attachment 1410108

View attachment 1410109
I use 100's of these a year installing automotive equipment easy to install and hold very well

Went to Lowe’s, I saw the red head hammer rivits, almost bought them. Saw these and went this way.
Last picture is a bonus just for the hell of it.

7AA50290-B87F-4D2C-8BBA-B0AC1554C041.jpeg

14B5B173-ED82-47C8-8D3E-13AF60E740C5.jpeg

2CE172D6-6F87-40B1-870E-620ADA0FCA5E.jpeg

One tip I was given long ago about mounting anything into concrete ... always drill the hole right through. That way if you ever break the screw or stud off or even need to get rid of it, you can knock it right through and replace it or fill the hole.
That's hard to do with a floor... :poke:

Could you use a good quality double sided tape, in case you'd like to relocate it in the future ? Not sure how much weather, or moisture your floors sees ?

Auto Transport Service
Back