• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well i ran the dominator

Tex013

Local time
11:48 AM
Reaction score
Finally fitted and ran my new dominator lthis week , raced yesterday
Have to run it with an adapter onto a M1 intake to fit under scoop .
On freeway driving to track realised it was too lean on cruise , love my new Innovate lm2
So put front jets back to stock 84F
AFR on track was spot on so that was great
Results were good but not great . I also had gone up to a 30" radial from my usual 28" . So i knew it would be soft
Anyway . 5 passes worst (first) 10.761 , then .742 , .703 , .719,.723
DA was 2300 to 3300 then back to 2600 . And blowing a gale across track
Results , car was 0.04 off in the sixty ,tyre change , but ran same et as with 28s at similar DA plus i picked up 1 to 1 1/2MPH
If figures are correct going back to 28s will drop sixty so should pickup 0.06 tp 0.08 range .
I will also need to finish refabbing airplate to fit , that also will pick up done hp .
More testing to come plus save up for a 4500 intake to suit stock ports
Screen shot a pass from just before going on 2 step to after finish

Tex
PS , i upped the 2step from 3500 to 4000 after first pas to see if that would help but no change
received_10213301178896321.jpeg

Last edited:
So, the dominator carb didn't help? Or at least on that day, it didn't all of a sudden make you run your fastest pass ever. You have one heck of a quick 3600# car!

So, the dominator carb didn't help? Or at least on that day, it didn't all of a sudden make you run your fastest pass ever. You have one heck of a quick 3600# car!
I was hoping for a little more , but I can see where I can pickup .
with the weather it wasn't going to hit a home run pass
I know it lost 60' with the tall tyre but due to average at best track prep this season I just wanted to make sure I got down the track

Tex

sounds like your car was pretty dialed in on "the old carb" set-up

it will get better, just a bit more time & tuning

good luck

Tex ,Doesn't make sense that the Dom didn't help tremendously....
You do have a 500" motor, don't you ?
When i switched to my dominator (from my 850 Demon)I picked up 3/10's of a second, no other changes (and this was BEFORE I switched to Max Wedge Ported heads.... Same Track, same conditions. 10.90 on Fri, 10.60 on Saturday both @ 3780 lbs with me in the car and 5 gal gas.

I only gained a little over a 1/10th when I switched to a Dom. I think some engines it makes a big difference. Some not so much.

Tex ,Doesn't make sense that the Dom didn't help tremendously....
You do have a 500" motor, don't you ?
When i switched to my dominator (from my 850 Demon)I picked up 3/10's of a second, no other changes (and this was BEFORE I switched to Max Wedge Ported heads.... Same Track, same conditions. 10.90 on Fri, 10.60 on Saturday both @ 3780 lbs with me in the car and 5 gal gas.
Mike ,
yes a 505 .
BUT
there are some qualifiers - I did go to a 30" tyre to make sure I had traction . And I ran as good as before while losing 0.04 in the sixty plus extra MPH
So I feel there is around a 1/10 when I go back to 28s . Bit like Wookie .
2 weeks before the next T&T at which I will again run the 28" tyre . Hopefully Autumn will arrive and it won't be in the 80's . Plus as testing for a grp1 National event the prep may be really good .

Tex

It all depends on how far off the non Dominator carb was. Apples to apples there isn't that much to be gained. I see the same thing in N/SS. Some guys run Edelbrocks and their car slows .30. Yet on mine Quick Fuels vs Eddys best to best was only .02. In my case, to gain/ loose .30 it would take +/- at least a good 80hp either way
Doug

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back