• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the most “FUN” car you ever owned?

At 20 years old I had a 75 dodge tradesman 200 van…..
whole lotta fun….as y’all can imagine.
I have one,and it's for sale too!

20221111_125934.jpg

My A12 Superbee was the most fun,with a 440 Sixpack,a Hemi 4 speed,and a Dana 60 with 4.88 gears,there was no driving it slow!

20180326_162153.jpg

my AMX..... small, fast, 4 speed, ultra dependable, and nobody knew what it was

amxclean015-jpg.jpg
bridge.jpg

Last edited:
At 20 years old I had a 75 dodge tradesman 200 van…..
whole lotta fun….as y’all can imagine.

My high school best friend's older brother asked me out to a movie. It was my first car date.

I was beyond excited! When I told my dad, he said "Okay, as long as he doesn't show up in a van."

At exactly 6:45 as promised, Jerry VanRiper, the oldest of 5 kids in the family, pulled up in front of my house. Dad opened the door ready to put him through hell as dads are known to do.

Jerry had his dad's brown Dodge Tradesman van.

I still vividly remember the squinty side eye my dad gave me when he saw it, and the little wink Jerry missed as he squirmed on the stoop while trying to introduce himself.

"Have a good time you two! Get her home by 11."

We saw 9-5, went out to Shakey's for pizza and got home at 5 minutes til.

My 1985 Shelby Charger. Bought it in 1991 with a blown head gasket and toasted clutch for $1200. Mopar club buddies and I wrenched on it for a few weekends and got it roadworthy. Loved to auto cross and eat IROC Camaros easily. Sold it in 1997 with another blown head gasket for $1200 because I was relocating. Most fun car and obviously most bang for the buck ever.

View attachment 1484696

1987 GLHS. Bought it in 1992. 2500lbs with 175hp 2.2 T2 and a 5 speed was a blast. Fast and nimble. I remember having to repair the 525 trans a few times before swapping in a newer 523 to take the abuse. It was a true Shelby car. I ran it into the ground.View attachment 1484759
My dad and grandfathers favorite cars. My dad bought an 86 Laser new. My grandfather had a yard of omnis, and a couple shelby chargers. My first car was a basket case 84 Daytona, never got it running right and sold it.

My dad and grandfathers favorite cars. My dad bought an 86 Laser new. My grandfather had a yard of omnis, and a couple shelby chargers. My first car was a basket case 84 Daytona, never got it running right and sold it.
They were certainly a pain in the *** to work on. Transmissions were trash. Pop on trans linkage was wonky. Head gaskets were an issue. At one point I was running 18psi boost and wrecked a cv joint and stripped an intermediate shaft. Then busted a trans case with differential deflection.

They were certainly a pain in the *** to work on. Transmissions were trash. Pop on trans linkage was wonky. Head gaskets were an issue. At one point I was running 18psi boost and wrecked a cv joint and stripped an intermediate shaft. Then busted a trans case with differential deflection.
That’s why I own a Datsun 280zx :lol:

Easy to work on, and they work. It’s kinda hard to say it, but it’s the most fun car I’ve driven. Just enough power to have fun, not enough to get into trouble.

ACE35226-3DCA-4AA1-9C96-2C24444A2F26.jpeg

I love my MoPars, but many aren't the 'most fun'
still my favorites

Budnicks 69 RR 440 str-6bbl #1.JPG

mid 80's 'piss yella' 69 RR 4 speed 446/6bbl, street beast, not my fastest but fun
not the most fun thou
Budnicks 69 RR 440ci str-6bbl #2.JPG

talking fun
My 68 VW Baja Bug was the overall 'most fun'
it'd go anywhere for $10
great offroad or on, get 25+mpg anywhere, mid 11 second Beattle/Baja
it'd go about 90-ish but that was plenty& fun
I beat or more like humiliated many a muscle car
during the later 1977-82-ish
lil' light car with 200+hp, Judsen Blown 1973 VW 1600 dual port
extractor/that's a VW header for 'the muscle car crowd'.
locked out dual point dist., alum 360* crank hub, lil' cam
really good clutch, Webber carb later on, on a fabricated manifold
Scat dress up stuff/chrome/alum, 295/50/15 on rear 15x7.50 front,
on 15x10" rear 15x5" front polished slots
I had it right after HS & all the way thru college...
Very wallet friendly...

Also my Myres Manx 1968 Dune Buggy, 1982-ish & later
with the same set up as above, but a big bore 2100cc kit
more cam & carb, lil' wheelie machine...
It ate clutches was the only downfall...
Neither was the safest cars, but 'most fun' was the criteria...

My 1st 68 Charger R/T, burnout machine, as a 15 y/o kid
$350 in summer of 1974, best $350 I ever spent

my 23 Altered, fast as f--k, went 6's @190+ in the 1/4 eventually.
easy/cheap to work on
only one I have a photo of still...
1st doing deep into the 8's @ 160+ at 18 y/o, was a hoot
Budnicks 23 T Ford Altered AA-Gas 6-71 Blown 301ci Donovan (1).jpg

Budnicks 23 T Ford Altered Crower Inj. #1.JPG

Budnicks 23 T Ford 427ci BBC Alky Inj Altered A-A Sac Raceways.jpg

#5 the 49 Ford Tudor Buss. Coupe Pro Gas 8.50 car I built in 1982-ish
ran it in Super Chevy Sunday 'fastest street car/tire" classes
on 31x18" M/T Sportsman tire
8s on street tires @ 150-160+,
AA/Gas in Nostalgia races on 15 x 33s, door-slammer stuff
NHRA Pro Gas 8.50, Super Eliminator 7.90,
with a Iron 477-499cid inj. Enderle Hat on a tunnel ram BBC
& later a Milodon Mastodon '426 style' 526cid Alum. Hemi
8.71:1 Blown Enderle Bug Catcher Inj.
it was set up for 1/8th mile at that time, had a bit too much gear,
best of 4.26 in the 1/8th mile
never got the Milodon to it's potential (1/4) 7.70-7.90's @ 178-180-ish,
too much gear (4.89:1) in it, for the blown combo
fun as hell thou, a violent car, hit the tires hard
did a lil' street racing with it too, never got beat
licensed & insured
sorry only digital photos are copies from Polaroids in frames
during the build process
Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #4.jpg

Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #7 Hilborn Hat & tunnel-ram.JPG

Budnicks 49 Ford Business Coupe Pro-Gas #6 rear wing & adj. wick.JPG

Ed Roth did it in a tee-shirt
Budnicks 49 Ford Pro-Gas Ed Roth Personalized & autographed Tee shirt.JPG

Last edited:
My post would be longer than Bud's if I reply about 'fun' cars I've had....kinda hard to say which one was the most fun because each offered a different kind of fun :D

Yep @Cranky , different kinds of fun, which makes it hard to choose. Like:

my GTX is loud, does great burnouts, and that’s about it, and that’s what’s fun about it.

My Datsun, everything works, everything is tight, it handles well, it’s not powerful, but it’s fun to just roll through the gears, and dive into corners with your foot buried in the gas

My Lil Red Express, there’s just something fun about it, it’s just a cruiser

Probably my 1966 Mustang Fastback. It was just a 289 but it would do good burnouts and kick the tail 90 degrees on corners with ease. I also loved my Mom's '73 Grand Am with the 455. I'm a burnout guy, not a top-speed or cornering guy.

My 71 V code 4spd. X
I beat that thing so bad today's V code owners would pass out. Lol.
Styro Cooler full of ice and PBR and a Saturday night with a tank of DX Premium.
Resized_Screenshot_20221201_102642_Facebook.jpg

600HP, manual trans, 345 rear tires that will break loose in second without using the clutch, short wheelbase. Second choice has two wheels.

viper7.JPG

vmax.jpg

Two rides I had the most fun with, 1st was a 67 GTO vert I bought while in HS. 2nd was the 70 Cuda vert when I was 19-20. Aside from the occasional racing, it was mostly the era when I had them. Drive-in’s, car-hops, outdoor theaters, dating, the lakeside parties/swimming, hassle-free cruising through town with friends having nice cars. Aside from being marked by the local PD. The hot summer nights with the top down, sun-tanned (or burnt), in great shape, did I mention dates? All before the brakes were applied – razing the drive-in’s, theaters, cruising bans, energy crisis, and having to get on with adulthood. The timing was just about right relishing those memories.

My 1962 Imperial Crown 4 door. It was my daily driver during my corporate days. I drove it over 90,000 miles between 1992 and 1996, more than any Mopar I ever owned.

I slept across the seat in the South Bronx when my company opened a rail to truck transfer station in the Hunts Point market. A year later, I drove the car down Chicago’s Golden Mile, on the way to one of my first meetings with a corporate law firm.

The Imperial got lots of waves and thumbs ups in both locations!

B4BF77E7-E31B-4D06-AB6F-19BF5FC27C85.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back