• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the most “FUN” car you ever owned?

Red63440

Local time
8:38 PM
Reaction score
As the title says, what’s the most fun car you’ve ever owned no matter what make or model?
Mine was a lime green 2000cc 4 speed Ford Pinto with a Hooker header. Used to beat the snot out of the Chevy Vegas every weekend, miss that car!

Last edited:
Polaris Slingshot. Hands down. And I've had a lot of different vehicles that do different things. This one triggers the smile the fastest and most often. (Getcha one).

20200718_123936 (1).jpg

Honda CRX with a shot of nitrous oxide. It has shocked every unsuspecting opponent it has crossed.

IMG_0075[25].JPG

Last edited:
My 1985 Shelby Charger. Bought it in 1991 with a blown head gasket and toasted clutch for $1200. Mopar club buddies and I wrenched on it for a few weekends and got it roadworthy. Loved to auto cross and eat IROC Camaros easily. Sold it in 1997 with another blown head gasket for $1200 because I was relocating. Most fun car and obviously most bang for the buck ever.

20220623_165519.jpg

I try not to own anything that is decidedly not fun, so this is a hard question!

Small car: 1988 Mercury Tracer wagon.(in other words, a Mazda 323) Had a "meep meep" horn, 1.6/5 speed. Car weighed 2300lbs. Was geared to top out about 90mph. Was really fun and surprised people with how snappy it was up to about 60mph. Actually really comfy, and I am a giant. Thing ran forever too, and I beat it every day. Sold, 196,000 miles to my buddy. Original basically everything, the alternator pulley was so worn out it would eat belts lol. But this was years ago a spare belt was $6 and could be changed out with a vice grips if need be, I kept one belt and the one metric wrench in the glovebox. Rowing through the 5 speed pushing it to redline never got old. Sometimes driving a slower car fast can be really fun :) I think officially 1/4 mile is listed at like 18.5 seconds, but estimations online about HP and 0-60 are frankly off, based on my 7 years of ownership. I suspect the 1/4 time is close though, it ran out of steam at about 70mph and slowly kept creeping up to about 95 at redline on the interstate.

Truck: Can't pick. 1991 Bronco(351W, long gone) my current Ramcharger and my '02 8.1/Allison 2500HD all have their own quirks and fun about them. Probably got into the most mischief in the '79 F250 farm truck in my youth though.

Sporty cars and otherwise: I really enjoyed my super modified '94 Mustang, but I think the most fun was a 351W swapped 84 Mercury Capri. man that thing was fast, burnouts from a roll in second gear, factory 85mph speedo. Poor, poor 85mph speedo. I don't know how fast 45mph is, the second time, but it seemed pretty f'ing fast lol. My '13 AWD Hemi Charger is really nice, but I don't see it as the "most fun" but it basically checks all the boxes of what I would want out of a family sedan: roomy, rides nice, good radio, goes like hell, drives through a foot of snow if I need it to, etc. but fun factor has to go to the pair of Mustangs.

If I had to pick one: the Capri. I think a car like that you set a timer on when it will "get you" though so I am glad it left my hands before the timer went off lol

My first car, '65 Coronet 500. 273, auto on floor. I'd put 4 snow tires, studded on rear, and wait for the snow storms to move in. Call some friends, grab a case of beer, 8-track tape player, with 4-speakers, and go cruisin'. The car drove like a sled on rails ! We used to head for the "No Seasonal Maintenance" roads, as they didn't plow them, Never got stuck !!!

74 Roadrunner, 360, 4 speed, power everything, factory sunroof, white bucket interior, console, pistol grip. 20 when I bought in 1980 for $1,200. Dating several diffrent girls but none steady so sometimes would go on dates with 2 at the same time, they knew each other from school and what the situation was. Great times in my life.

Most fun car?

Has to be my current 70 Road Runner with a 500 cubic inch low deck "sleeper" motor.

Car seems to do everything well. With a Passon A-855 five speed I can cruise at 75 MPH at 2200 RPM. With the F.A.S.T. fuel injection it starts, runs and drives in any conditions plus pulls down just short of 17 MPG on the highway. Plus, I can cruise with the comfort of air conditioning. And, of course, with the engine producing 675 lb ft of torque, it is a torque monster and is a blast to drive - I can fry the tires at will. To me, it is like a Hellcat but in an old car.
20230529_134501.jpg

D09_DSC_0035.JPG

Most fun car?

Has to be my current 70 Road Runner with a 500 cubic inch low deck "sleeper" motor.

Car seems to do everything well. With a Passon A-855 five speed I can cruise at 75 MPH at 2200 RPM. With the F.A.S.T. fuel injection it starts, runs and drives in any conditions plus pulls down just short of 17 MPG on the highway. Plus, I can cruise with the comfort of air conditioning. And, of course, with the engine producing 675 lb ft of torque, it is a torque monster and is a blast to drive - I can fry the tires at will. To me, it is like a Hellcat but in an old car.
View attachment 1484711

View attachment 1484712
Hey Hawk, maybe you can raffle off a few rides around the track at Carlisle, of course You Piloting !!!

Hey Hawk, maybe you can raffle off a few rides around the track at Carlisle, of course You Piloting !!!
It might be fun since I now look for excuses to drive it, but I wasn't planning the bring it to Carlisle. I get so busy with the FBBO tent and my vendor spots, plus trying to fit in walking around looking for parts and enjoying all the cars. There's only so many hours so no real time to prep my car for the show...

A 1983 Mustang GT with a 5-speed, a 5.0 roller motor out of a Lincoln and an 8.8 posi rear. With 3" skinnies and monster 60 meats in back coupled with a .003 reaction time, I could take anything off the line. It was THE most fun car to drive, especially in the Louisiana rain.

We moved to BFE Tennessee after Katrina and Billy traded it for a POS money pit Ford 1710 diesel tractor :elmer:. I'd love to get that Mustang back some day.

My Challenger. I did many upgrades on it using great tech, at the time I did it, improvements for the brakes, steering, suspension, engine, wheels, tires. The car was a blast on twisty roads. Loved getting into a 4 wheel drift and being in control. When its done, the 65 will be light years ahead.

Scan duster 1.jpeg

Scan duster 2.jpeg

64 Chevelle SS I purchased as a roller. Put a 283 and a power glide in it. Put radial 60s snow tires on it with chains in the winter.
Would take me friends bumper sliding when it snowed.
Hold on tight cause when I took a turn in my neighborhood more than one wound up in a pile of snow.
One too many beers for some

1987 GLHS. Bought it in 1992. 2500lbs with 175hp 2.2 T2 and a 5 speed was a blast. Fast and nimble. I remember having to repair the 525 trans a few times before swapping in a newer 523 to take the abuse. It was a true Shelby car. I ran it into the ground.
20230625_104334.jpg

A 1983 Mustang GT with a 5-speed, a 5.0 roller motor out of a Lincoln and an 8.8 posi rear. With 3" skinnies and monster 60 meats in back coupled with a .003 reaction time, I could take anything off the line. It was THE most fun car to drive, especially in the Louisiana rain.

We moved to BFE Tennessee after Katrina and Billy traded it for a POS money pit Ford 1710 diesel tractor :elmer:. I'd love to get that Mustang back some day.
I had an 83 5 liter 5sp too. It was a fun car, but it had a carb, 7.5 rear with a tooth or two missing, and a non world class T5. Would have made a great race car, (with a turbo'ed LS) but I already had two. Virtually gave it away for driveway space.

It could happen.. And I wish you luck with that...

I recently got back what I consider the most fun car I ever owned.... It's still fun & I love having it back... But It's not as much fun as it use to be cause it's become valuable.. Use to be it was a fun/cool car but being a clone it wasn't worth much & I took it everywhere, load a few buddies in it & head for Tahoe or Santa Cruz.. LA, Phoenix, Vegas... Didn't matter, lets hit the road.. Now I tend to think about where I can find safe parking, try to avoid dirt/gravel roads.. The days of dirt tracking it out to the boonies for a little target practice are gone, now I drive to a legit gun range... It's not the same, not as free & fun...

IMG_1411.JPG

Last edited:
1989 Jeep Wrangler. My first manual, first convertible (removable top anyway). Cruising along in the summer with the top down and the doors off was a blast. Trips to Montauk Point were some of the most memorable.

1969 340 4-speed Dart Swinger. So well balanced and was a blast to drive. Want another real bad.

SCN_0003.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back