• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

what are the correct bolts for these panels

1ol74charger4me

Local time
4:32 PM
Reaction score
1974 Charger access panels. Should have seen the look on my face when I went to pull these off and the bolts were METRIC. This car is so original I can only think some tech took these off to do an alignment, left the bolts underhood and lost them on a testdrive then raided his tool box for whatever would fit. 3 different sizes, 1 standard, 6 different styles. Any help appreciated. 7102013 028.JPG

My 73 RR has same panels, and they are fastened with 5/16" hex head bolt, 1/2" length, with s sheet metal type thread.

IMAG1606small.jpg

Had to clean one up, but here is the close up of the top, not sure who made this one. I only have 4 of the originals, so will have to find some others that are close match.
DSC04594.jpg

Well that doesn't look like anything that I see reproduced. Gonna have to hit up some of the guys parting out b bodies on here.

just go pick some up at a good hardware store.nothing special about them.

Auto Transport Service
Back