• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

she was sitting in the garage.... I started her UP....and she responded. I'm happy!

I sat outside in a cold pouring rain and scrubbed the crap out of a 73 Town & Country wagon I just got to get three years of accumulated pollen, tree sap, pine needles, and dirt off her. She's still a rusted out POS, but she's a clean rusted out POS. :)

I welded in some metal around the tail light panel to close up the gaps. Drilled the two extension mounting holes that I lost with new metal. Sliced the T-bird top center tail light trim piece to lose the wide part that connects to the outer doors and fabricated a center lower trim piece to mock up the finished trim for alignment. Looks great. Next up is the bottom edge of the 67 Coronet trunk lid being trimmed and welded in place underneath the light panel. I may go back in the trunk and cut the panel housing I made loose from the deck and raise it about 1/4 inch because i'm losing the lower face of the lens trim black surface. Easier than modifying the extensions any more..and I set the lid up on the car to see where the back edge is going to sit in relation to the lights and the trunk rear seal lip.

I pulled the dash out and tore it down to get the fuel gauge out to Mark.

Then I buffed the 26 year old metallic paint carefully myself starting at the trunklid.

Too bad, if the car hadnt been repainted in 89, it would be a survivor.

buff trunk1.jpgbuff trunk2.jpgdash out1.jpg

drove the hell out of it for a couple hours cuz we're supposed to get our first snow tomorrow.

NCM_0604.jpg

Nothing on my car as usual. But a kid in Missouri has a shiny new intake for his Dart lol ...

- - - Updated - - -

Lol ^^^ ... hopefully he can install it right side UP unlike how its decorator's phone decides to upload the picture!!! :-D

Some day this POS will meet a brick wall at Mach III, I swear ..........

Tucked it away for the winter. Going back this weekend to pull out the gauges and dash parts to upgraded…

I pounded a 20 penny spike through the middle of my IPhone 4S screen the other day when I nailed it to the wall of my garage. I know how you feel.

WP_20151120_21_56_12_Pro.jpg
View attachment 293422

Nothing on my car as usual. But a kid in Missouri has a shiny new intake for his Dart lol ...

- - - Updated - - -

Lol ^^^ ... hopefully he can install it right side UP unlike how its decorator's phone decides to upload the picture!!! :-D

Some day this POS will meet a brick wall at Mach III, I swear ..........

WP_20151120_21_56_12_Pro.jpg

Well I started first with clean the 72 440 4 speed car for our local cruise in . Did some sweet burn outs and power slides in the wet . Then earlier that day my parts car got dropped off and my 2003 ram rammed it into the back yard and destroyed the rear 1/4 (was rusted ) and we started getting the needed parts off of it .
And tomorrow my new 12x20 shed/garage is getting dropped off and set up before the newly bought charger rt shows up so it gets a nice a/c inside storage till I can get to it. I stole the garage was $14000 new I got it used for $3000 installed now if I can ever get back to work on my cars I'll get that rallye into paint asap so it can get finished up and then finish the s.e. sunroof car then I can finely play with the rt so I might need some volunteers that love playing with mopar s I'll supply the beer and parts .

- - - Updated - - -

IMAG1617_BURST002.jpgIMAG1635_BURST002.jpg
Also I forgot I put the 64 300's heads back on and put the top end back together have a little more to go

I drove mine to my buddy's place today where it'll spend the long winter.

Th 68 fired right up and purrs. I backed her out of the garage and covered her up as the homeowners association frowns about classics. Don't have a clue why.

Funny side story, one guy once ask me about my "car lot" (we have my truck, and two Hondas in the drive) and the other two are in the garage with any parts and tools stowed after every repair (IN THE GARAGE) as I respect my neighbors view of my house. So I said "tell me what you mean". He says "those OLD junkers". I said well sir those old junkers are worth more than that piece of STUFF Mercedes you are driving. In fact they will always be worth more....and well you will be giving that car away for 3-5000 in a few short years after spending 40-50 grand on it. All my things are inside my garage...so what else?" LOL he just looked at me and walked away and never another mention.

Anyway I'm taking the interior out of the convertible, replacing things and spicing her up for a photo op with my daughter tomorrow for senior pics!!!

A sad day for me. Fueled up 3 of my summer cars, treated them to some stabil, swept up the floor and put them to bed for the winter. Btw, I hate winter :icon_thumbdown:

New wheel bearings, freshly turned rotors, new caliper and pads, new brake hoses, long studs.

I'm not real happy with the way the hose had to be routed due to the combination of rear mounting of the calipers that are meant too be front mounted. Spindles, rotors, and calipers came from a '70 Challenger and I can't mount the calipers on the front because of the way the sway bar mount is on a '67 B

83a3ad26a75bd143cad27ed6f22a5f75.jpg

Ordering parts for the wagon's new personality.

Auto Transport Service
Back