• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Put the boot-surround moldings on yesterday. Holy ****!!!...What a PITA!! The two side moldings are really a challenge. 6 clips in each one, that get screws from the backside. The right one didn't take more than about 45 mins-to an hour....but the left one went on and off about 10 times. It wouldn't lay correctly, the clips kept sliding, etc. I ended up elongating the holes, and after about 3 hours...it went on. YEA!

eantdz.jpg

2iqcx9s.jpg

10gkze8.jpg

Last edited:
walked past the 66 .... drooled on the pics of the 62 that won't be here till feb ... put the new dash in the 98 ram .....

49898295_354730495362421_3276441867910119424_o.jpg

Cleaned-up and painted the driver's vent box I got from out west, then installed it. Me and a friend mounted the fly-by-wire gas pedal, after altering it for fit. It needed several alterations to clear the A/C and floor. Turned-out nice, and works perfectly. I love how quiet this car is.

2hd4rk2.jpg

i4eovr.jpg

2vuc3v6.jpg

2s6v60l.jpg

otq7hl.jpg

1958n8.jpg

Last edited:
Working on how to route the gas tube connection from my modified filler to the tank area . . .

From the filler through the floor in the trunk . . .

sm_rotisserie39.jpg

Then 90 degrees toward the frame rail . . . notch the one that it's touching in the middle . . .

sm_rotisserie40.jpg

then another bend ( this will go through the frame ) . . . and into the middle of the car where the tank will be . . .
Rubber hose connection from here to the tank . . .

sm_rotisserie41.jpg

That's a very small filler tube. Do you have a large vent tube, as well?

That's a very small filler tube. Do you have a large vent tube, as well?

Still got the vent tube to get in place . . . I know it looks small but it is what is used on all of the current cars ( pulled these pipes from cars at Pull-A-Part ) . . . so I really hope that if it works in those cars it'll work here . . . ( crossing my fingers ) . . .

The tube is as big ( maybe slightly bigger ) then what's on the gas pumps, so it "would seem" like the gas flow through the tube would be the same . . . ( maybe ) . . .

let me know if it really needs to be bigger before it all gets welded into place on the car . . .

Thanks a ton for watching my back ! ! !

Working on how to route the gas tube connection from my modified filler to the tank area . . .

From the filler through the floor in the trunk . . .

View attachment 704563

Then 90 degrees toward the frame rail . . . notch the one that it's touching in the middle . . .

View attachment 704564

then another bend ( this will go through the frame ) . . . and into the middle of the car where the tank will be . . .
Rubber hose connection from here to the tank . . .

View attachment 704566
wow that is a small filler tube. See your putting in a vent.

Still got the vent tube to get in place . . . I know it looks small but it is what is used on all of the current cars ( pulled these pipes from cars at Pull-A-Part ) . . . so I really hope that if it works in those cars it'll work here . . . ( crossing my fingers ) . . .

The tube is as big ( maybe slightly bigger ) then what's on the gas pumps, so it "would seem" like the gas flow through the tube would be the same . . . ( maybe ) . . .

let me know if it really needs to be bigger before it all gets welded into place on the car . . .

Thanks a ton for watching my back ! ! !

No problem.....that's why we share info. Your old [large diameter] fill tube, vented while filling along with a vent. Unless you run a substantial vent-tube....it'll take forever to fill the car.

A little cold today out in the garage so I dug out a insulated vest I bought 15 years ago. That dam thing shrunk 3" around, couldn't snap it together. Put a sweatshirt over it, toastee. Connected lines so I could pump 65 Dodges tank dry. Mounted a flat board on floor jack so 8.75 won't fall off jack when I roll it under Satellite like it did the last time. Will put nut on front spring hanger that Wagonman supplied, got a note taped to rocker so I don't forget.

Got all the regulators and window tracks into the vert. Bought new AMD door regulators, and ended up throwing one away. One piece was spot-welded on incorrectly, and the alignment of bolt-holes was way off. I got out the carbide burr to elongate the holes, so we could keep working. As I was opening up the holes, 5 spot-welds let go. Typical chi-com crap. We just cleaned up the 50 year-old ones a bit....and bolted them in. I gotta laugh, when I think how these are mopar-approved parts. NO quality control and probably a chi-com spot-welder. Solder, glue, boogers, etc.... would have held them together better. Pure junk. Two of several pics of the quality of the alignment, and weld strength.

2unxa3k.jpg

20jk47c.jpg

Last edited:
Wired in the transbrake switch and the 2-step. Finish connecting to the trans when that goes back in the 65.
IMG_1163.JPG

Took the quarter windows to my polishing guy. He did the stainless with the fuzzy, and still attached to the glass. He's another artisan friend.

Auto Transport Service
Back