• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

I decided to put a screen/grill on my hood scoop, I've had enough debris fly at my windshield to want to protect what's under my hood as the opening is large enough to let something in.

View attachment 922374

View attachment 922375

https://www.customcargrills.com/Diamond-Grill-Mesh.asp

6"x36" sheet, cut to size. That gives me enough for a second attempt if I need it.

Even though I made a cardboard template there was still a fair amount of cutting to size as the inside of the scoop is not all that uniform in shape and the mesh will need to be altered all around on each opening.

It was my plan to use rare earth magnets to hold it in place as they have a strong connection but they don't stick, so I may use a 2-part epoxy even though I wanted to be able to remove it.. I'll figure it out.

I like the way it looks though.
Have an old summit racing plastic sign, cut it down and glued closed cell foam to it. Cut the foam ( 2" thick stuff) so if we were out and it started to rain, just push it into the openings. Foam thick enough and stiff enough. Comes right out, foam does not scratch anything, reusable. wind keeps it in place, and the thick stuff keeps it from moving.

Do to the virus and everyone is going to die this week school closed ( drive school bus). So have 66 up off ground, Got my complete e-brk system parts, some desert Valley Auto parts, some new. Car has no e-brk of any kind. so will install pedal assembly all the way.

Legendary auto Interiors’s has a St. Patrick’s sale on right now. My seat foam is falling off in chunks and powder. And the bottoms are torn up. Getting new foam and front seat covers ordered today.
image.jpg

I pulled the 18 spline Hemi 4 speed transmission out of my 70 Charger R / T SE. I am going to have it freshened up for use in one of my other cars. This car will be getting one of those 855 5 speed transmissions when I get around to putting it back together. One of the u joint strap bolts broke off in the yoke,its going to be fun trying to get that out!
20200315_143654.jpg
20200315_143627.jpg
20200315_143640.jpg

Had to veer off the B body path and get this car running. Thrashed the whole weekend getting things back in place. Happy to report, she’s running again. Bad news?....the 90 degree filter adapter is leaking, and she’s running richer than Paris Hilton’s allowance! Took the rest of the day off, I’m pooped!

1DA8EDAA-83C7-465A-9C13-FC914407D2BC.jpeg 893E39B6-2FB2-48B8-8596-26BC3DCAEE3E.jpeg

Adjusted the steering coupler.
Started it, drove it out the garage, drove it back in the garage,
Parked it - waiting for spring to arrive!
Mounted washed and correct seatbelts.
Now im just gonna look over the suspension and brakes!
And mount the 71 Gull wing instead of the go wing

20200307_150152.jpg 20200301_182724.jpg

......I haven't refurbished a Mopar heater box but it looks way easier than my El Camino factory air and heater boxes.

Well, I haven't done an El Camino box either, so I can't tell you its easier or harder. I will tell you it is an absolute PITA getting the box out of the car and then back into the car. The actual refurb of the box once out, is not too bad.

This is on a fully assembled, running, driving car. Not a disassembled project car. There is a LOT of interior/dash stuff IN THE WAY and it gives you fits.

:mad::BangHead::mad::BangHead::mad::BangHead::mad::BangHead::mad::BangHead::mad::BangHead::mad::BangHead::mad::BangHead::mad::BangHead::mad:

Last edited:
Adjusted the steering coupler.
Started it, drove it out the garage, drove it back in the garage,
Parked it - waiting for spring to arrive!
Mounted washed and correct seatbelts.
Now im just gonna look over the suspension and brakes!
And mount the 71 Gull wing instead of the go wing

View attachment 923379 View attachment 923380
Nice lookin' car! :thumbsup:

Member thought my driveshaft was to short after seeing a picture. The dust seal is only a 1/2" I measured from tail shaft case to center of front u-joint, 3.875" to 4". Had the rear differential jacked up like the car was on the ground. Measured rear front spring hanger from face to center of bolt hole 2.125" is this a 66 Plymouth hanger. Measured a 65 Dodge front hanger and it was 3.125.
DS1.jpg

Some painting. I'm going to let everything dry up and then see if the charger's parts are good to go. Then its bolt/nut cleanup, putting the grille assembly back together and hopefully I can get all of this stuff reinstalled and get the charger back on the road within the next week.

20200327-131648.jpg

host images

Member thought my driveshaft was to short after seeing a picture. The dust seal is only a 1/2" I measured from tail shaft case to center of front u-joint, 3.875" to 4". Had the rear differential jacked up like the car was on the ground. Measured rear front spring hanger from face to center of bolt hole 2.125" is this a 66 Plymouth hanger. Measured a 65 Dodge front hanger and it was 3.125.View attachment 928231
Forgot to ask if someone can check there car to see if they have the same distance as pictured in earlier post. Does matter whether you have have suspension hanging or not, I'd just need to know. Prefer a measurement from a 66/67 Plymouth. Thanks

Your measurement needs to be from the center cap of the U joint to center cap. The driveshaft length should be a known number. Have you see the chart Cranky did

https://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparforum/threads/driveshaft-length-chart.109307/
Just checked my 66 SM and found out how my memory ain't what it use to was :( driveshaft is suppose to be 51.28" ARG Need to measure driveshaft that is leaning against the wall. Had it in the car before. Maybe another switch,Chit! One thing I've noticed about aging for me I get an idea or a number in my head and it's wrong need to be kicked hard to get rid of it.

Yesterday, I changed the oil in the Grand Cherokee. I bought it used from the Nissan dealer. They threw in 5 free oil changes. With the ongoing COVID-19 crisis, I decided that I would rather do it myself than go over there. They did the last change. I had to get out a breaker bar to get the drain plug loose. Then, I realized that they had put on some cheap peanut filter instead of the correct hemi-size filter. Unfortunately, the filter they used was so cheap, all the printing on it smeared off when I removed it so I couldn't look up the part number and see what it was supposed to fit. It was bad enough when I got home from the previous oil change and found that they'd given it back to me a quart low. Makes me wonder if they used the correct oil. Even though they still owe me three oil changes, I'm not sure I want them touching it again. If I do take it back, I will definitely provide my own filter.

I would't take it back. The free oil changes aren't worth what they may do to it next. Sounds like you got away lucky with them already. It's so hard to find a competent shop anymore. I took our Jeep to a guy I had heard some good things about to have the AC worked on. While it was there I told him I needed him to clean up a bead leak on one of the rims. I told him three times which one was leaking. What do you think happened? He did the wrong one!! :mad: And not only did he do the wrong one, but then THAT one leaked after he was done with it!! He had given me a pen and other advertising junk for his business and that stuff went right in the trash. The only consolation was the AC work he did somehow was successful.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back