• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

On to the next project . . . the Hood . . .

Here's what I've got to work with . . . just started . . .

sm_trunklid36-jpg.jpg

After 2 hours with an "old" cup type wire knotted wheel . . . progress was slow . . .

sm_trunklid37-jpg.jpg

So I went and get a "new" one and tore into it . . . MUCH BETTER !
Note to self - buy a NEW wire wheel when starting a new project . . .

sm_trunklid38-jpg.jpg

Now to figure out the layout of the holes . . . looks like I might be fabricating a new dimple die for this project too

Created a 1" and a 1/2" dimple die for the trunk lid project ( needed to fit into the tight locations)

In the middle of cleaning out the garage and moving items from there to a shed I built. 3rd stall will eventually have a 4 post lift and be my mopar work area only. Besides being busy with teaching, my graphics business, helping my kids with their school work and finishing the shed - also need to find time to wrench.

Adding a Mopar temp gauge on my 440. Didn’t realize how much coolant comes out when you remove the stock temp sending unit!

FB28AA01-FB97-4554-8954-6C4CD30AD7BE.jpeg

Another canyon, p.c.h. drive this AM. Approx. 2 hrs (+/-) and 75+ miles.

Mullholland Highway.
xgXVb3m.jpg

cMlumVE.jpg

HO6iJR7.jpg

Definitely need to up the firmness/rebound on the front shocks with the 2" drop spindles.
Wilson ported RPM intake and 1" tapered spacer helps the motor do so much better on the street, fwy driving just as good.
Procar buckets still on back-order until mid October...

About 1000 miles on her now, on the hoist to take 4 ounces out and then adding 4 oz of stink to the rear end to hopefully end the complaining noise after she's hot. Looking pretty good underneath after 1000 miles and living on a gravel road to boot. Looks like all that "RPM" and clearing work was well worth it. Was supposed to be sunny all day and was ready for a drive, walked outside and someone closed the "roof". Hopefully the ugliness goes by without dropping moisture.
beerearaxlesinkystuff 017.JPG
beerearaxlesinkystuff 005.JPG
beerearaxlesinkystuff 007.JPG
beerearaxlesinkystuff 008.JPG
beerearaxlesinkystuff 010.JPG
beerearaxlesinkystuff 014.JPG
beerearaxlesinkystuff 020.JPG
beerearaxlesinkystuff 022.JPG

got exhaust all tacked in for the 66 Coronet, 440cu, and tko500 combo. hope to test drive soon.

watermelon

659C816D-99E5-4E55-B4B0-3AB977099967.jpeg

In my Satellite i had 3 golf gags, 3 bag chairs, tool bag, and my detail kit,

@CoronetDarter Trans input shaft seal and 1/2 lever shaft O ring are weeping.. but I'll get to those this Winter. Not bad for a 51 year old A833 and running 20W50 in it ! Engine was rebuilt in '88, I had feared it was it's rear seal and not the trans. But dip stick is still steady on the full line!

I remember that guy. Did Barry ever find a project to work on?
You bet! He has a 1967 GTX he is starting to work on. Since he helped me build my Road Runner, it's now my turn to help with the GTX. It needs a complete restoration, so it will take awhile though before it is done.

Hawk

Mad Scientist Build . . . Hood fabrication to match the trunk lid . . .

With no "easy" access holes, like in the trunk, getting started on this hood was a whole lot harder . . . everything is blind and no way to get to the back side to hold the cutting parts . . .

But I've finally figured it out and now I'm making some progress . . . . the first set of 4 holes took me 2 hours . . .

BUT . . . got them done . . . Oh, the 4 holes are to match the trunk lid and like them both look like "maybe" there was some planning in the layout . . . maybe ? ! ?

sm_hoodfab01-jpg.jpg

You can see the bottom of the dimple die in the hole - and see that there is very little access to work with it and get it attached to the tool to make it work . . .

sm_hoodfab02-jpg.jpg

In comparison, the next 9 holes were done in less than and hour . . .

sm_hoodfab03-jpg.jpg

And I'm starting a new collecting of cut outs for the hood - not that it'll remove a lot of weight

sm_hoodfab04-jpg.jpg

Now it's time to get back it, got a lot more holes to get in the hood and get them dimpled

With all the rain from Hurricane/Storm Sally . . . I got a chance to "try" and focus on getting more done on the hood . . .

Working in these confined spaces, with holes so small I can't get my fingers through . . . means being creative . . . and finding method that will work.

But . . . got the next line of holes completed today . . . ( thanks to the rain )

sm_hoodfab05-jpg.jpg

Got more holes to get drilled, punched, and dimpled on this project . . .

:thumbsup:Use it or lose it...
E5B31893-1D93-478D-824C-67C03FB0005B.jpeg

I didn't do anything to the poor thing today but I promised it I'd unpack, wash, vacuum and DRIVE it tomorrow.
It's been filthy since the evacuation road trip but we were still under 'advisory' so I left some 'luggage' in it in case I may need to leave again. Ash has been falling fairly steadily for about a month until recently when we got a break with the wind direction.
It's been in the shed for 2 weeks now still covered with a fine coating of forrest fire. That stuff is everywhere.
When I go pick stuff from the garden it billows up from the plants & makes my eyes burn & throat sore so I decided to let the car sit until this was, I HOPE,over.
I really am looking forward to posting a 'Where did you and your car go today' note even if it is just 'around the block' which may end up being 200 miles...
Not driving it engages my grumpy-mode.
I am becoming grumpy.

Bought the rivets and VIN Plate transfer from ECS. Getting the dash blasted.

I finally DID clean it out and wash it. Then I drove it and put fuel in it.

And then I put fuel in it again :thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back