• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Changed the oil in the 73.. Sprayed another round of Gunk on my engine im getting ready to paint. I think some Dawn dish soap in the power washer should take remaining residue off.. AM brings a full tank of gas in the Ram, its 355 a gal.. down from the 376 it was, hoping it doesn't change by AM...

Pulled the engine and trans, replaced with another engine (10,000 miles) and rebuilt trans. Still have work to do with other things to but back on but its in. First is what was coming out and the last is a start of what is going in. :hello2:

Attachments

• PC130384.jpg
    PC130384.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 296
  • photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 302
  • securedownload[2].jpg
    securedownload[2].jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 327
  • securedownload[2] (2).jpg
    securedownload[2] (2).jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 311
Feeding it some more green!

Ordered my new tires today, and started work on another ugly problem. Since I changed out the front suspension bushings to the PolyGraphite parts, I haven't been able to keep the front end toe-in consistant. Seems when you change out the lower control arm bushings and the front strut rod bushings, the lower arms are no longer locked into position as firmly as with stock bushings. So to combat this situation before the new tires are installed, I am going for the Firm Feel adjustable strut rods and hopefully gain some additional positive caster while locking the lower pivot in place. Here's a link for the part http://www.firmfeel.com/adjstrut.htm and some pics of the project. BTW, everything sure comes apart a lot easier when its only been together for 2 years and 3,000 miles.

Attachments

• DSCN5175 (Large).jpg
    DSCN5175 (Large).jpg
    52 KB · Views: 305
  • DSCN5174 (Large).jpg
    DSCN5174 (Large).jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN5173 (Large).jpg
    DSCN5173 (Large).jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 282
  • DSCN5172 (Large).jpg
    DSCN5172 (Large).jpg
    61 KB · Views: 293
  • DSCN5171 (Large).jpg
    DSCN5171 (Large).jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 291
  • DSCN5180 (Large).jpg
    DSCN5180 (Large).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 280
  • DSCN5179 (Large).jpg
    DSCN5179 (Large).jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN5178 (Large).jpg
    DSCN5178 (Large).jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 280
I accidentally found my coolant leak while REINSTALLING my alternator which I thought was bad but tested good. FUN! Time to take the battery out and give it a charge and see what other problems I can accidentally find!!! Oh yeah, gotta find a lil rubber nub to replace the leaky one. Im gonna guess and say thats my blocked off line that USED to be my AC. Yes, Im a rookie!!...................now, just go for the new battery or finally go buy a charger/jump box. The not so patient says go buy a battery. The patient/conservative side says charger, charge it and test it........then reevaluate.

took out my other torsion bar which was giving me fits no matter how hard i beat on the removal tool.Ended up cutting that section off the crossmember and out it came.

taking apart the parts car

Attachments

• 2012-06-09_13-32-38_434.jpg
    2012-06-09_13-32-38_434.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 253
  • ResizedImage_1339367427143.jpg
    ResizedImage_1339367427143.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 259
  • ResizedImage_1339367447656.jpg
    ResizedImage_1339367447656.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 262
Finally got the convertible top mechanism painted. Disassembled the drivers door and removed from car. Removed passenger door from car. Cleaned drivers window regulator, disassembled window motor and inspected. Dropping off doors and rear door panels for body work and paint (inside of doors) Still need a front bench seat ('66-'67 b-body) Got one?

Rebuilt my old 625 Carter..Swapping out carbs..

Well, not today exactly, but last week I installed my Strange 60 rearend with a complete Caltracs setup, a new driveshaft, and a Dynamic 10" converter. Oh, and Wilwood discs front and rear. It was a thrash right up to the end, but all the hard work paid off, as I took home 1st place in the 71-up B-body modified show class at Monster Mopar this past weekend! I am one happy guy! :icon_biggrin:

Nothing like a happy Dik:grin:
Congratz on the 1st place!!
I got my headers reinstalled and finished my fuel lines:happy7:

Attachments

• 5.27.12 047.jpg
    5.27.12 047.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 215
  • 6.12.12 035.jpg
    6.12.12 035.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 220
  • 6.12.12 007.jpg
    6.12.12 007.jpg
    134 KB · Views: 211
Took out the rear frame rail sections in order to replace with rust free ones and started cleaning off the loose undercoating for primer, paint and new undercoating

Finally put everything back on after swapping out the engine and trans. I had to swap the water pump housing as the inlet was and the passenger side and I needed it on the drivers side and a few other things.

I finally drove the Bee at little today and it was running hot. I found that I was advanced by about 5 degrees and the water was dirty (thought I flushed it out good but I guess not plus I figured that would happen after this engine sitting for a few years so no coolant yet). I will put some coolant flush in the system and then put coolant in and hope it cools it down.

The rebuilt trans shifted good but only felt it go into second and not drive or maybe I am just thinking there should be another gear as it has been way to long and I am used to a 6 speed. So should I have another gear? That sounds dumb to ask but man its been a long time. All in all a good first test drive in my book. :headbang:

First,switched the 750 Holley for a 670 Street Avenger that I picked up a short time ago. Along with an Indy Heads dual-plane intake,nice set of chrome OEM rocker covers(on there already) and a Mopar chrome air filter housing. Also found a cracked vacuum cap on the brake booster;that solves the weird "miss" that popped up recently. Then...

...Shined up the Sport Fury for this weekend's activities in and around Flint for the Sloan Summer Auto Fair. Really shined her up. Under the hood. The interior. The trunk. Hell,I even shined up the tires. I never put a "shine" on the tires. Must be a special occasion or something. Oh yeah;just an event I've been a part of in some manner for over thirty-five years,where I run into friends and acquaintances that I've known for almost(and over) 40 years. My #1 girl's got to look go-o-o-od! Oh;the li...stories get better with the years. Yes,were were faster then...:headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back