• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Been working on getting my carb re-optimized after switching to TF heads and intake. After the swap it was too rich, especially at transition and WOT....which I kind of expected with the increased airflow. Reduced the IFRs a size, a little tweak here a little there, settled on 80/86 jets. The throttle response has improved a bunch and it's crisp, no more rich sluggish feeling. Overall I'm pleased with the tune except the last nagging little thing, a slight bit of hesitation when the secondaries open quickly...but that's an easy tweak of the pump cam and/or squirter.

20210626_110426.jpg

Got a shroud on and finally have a normal operating temp. Carb and timing done also. On to the next thing
20210627_211928.jpg

I started getting the satellite ready for Carlisle.
Switching the thermostat outlet to the factory cast iron and installing a shroud.
Coolant had more rust in it than I expected.
IMG_20210627_125245702.jpg
IMG_20210627_133308009_HDR.jpg
IMG_20210627_170000574.jpg
IMG_20210627_200933076.jpg

That is a great looking car.! Is it fast? Sure looks the part.
Thanks.
It seems fast to me. Nothing like some of the guys on here though.
7.80 1/8 mile, around 88-89 mph.
Haven't had it on the 1/4 lately, but should be low to mid 12's.
I made so many changes over the winter I'm still trying to get used to it again.

Drove it to the MVA (Maryland's name for the DMV - Motor Vehicle Administration). Sat...for 2 hours, to get my drivers license renewed.

Drove home, checked timing. 10*BTDC warm with the advance unhooked, runs fine, I'm gonna leave it alone.

Got tired of the horn not working. Pulled the horn ring, verified the button was working. Toned out the wires at the relay, ID'd power, ground (switched from the button), horn. Manual short on the relay would make the horn squeak - pathetic, but it told me the wiring was good. Pulled the 2 horns - one, dead. Locked up, didn't even click or spark when I put it to power. The other needed adjusting and cleaning but it's working now. Found a second tone from an old motorcycle, tested/adjusted, and installed it along with the one working one. Reworked the wiring (non-invasive, built a jumper harness) and installed a late-model relay to replace the cooked HR135 or HR132 or whatever the factory one was. Tested...and now it works. Total time involved there....3h or so.

Now, I need to find the source of a click/clunk in the left front corner....(sigh) nothing like a crotchety old machine! (I guess that's what I get for actually driving it!)

Last evening I put it back together.
A gallon of white vinegar and no thermostat just for a few hours of driving.
We'll see how much rust comes out.
IMG_20210628_200122156.jpg
IMG_20210628_200128011.jpg

I finally got the front end aligned after replacing everything. Drives real nice now.
Then pulled the valve covers and rocker shafts to inspect them, they are noisy.
Noticed it driving home
I going to replace shafts and the rockers.
72 charger w/440

95 degrees today, but rain the next 3 days...so today was the day to put the Leer cap on the Ram 2500. I built a stand in the back of the property - 4 posts with 2 rails that I can drive the truck between; unclamp the cap from the truck; lift it with my shoulders from the inside; and bridge the rails with a pair of 4x4s, under the cap, holding it up above the truck. Then, I just drive the truck out from under it, bolt the 4x4s to the rails, and bolt the cap to the 4x4s using the interior rail where the clamps normally go. Putting it on today, just unbolt everything, drive the truck under, lift the cap off one 4x4 then the other, and clamp it to the truck. Took a while - lots of cleaning, and the heat made me go slow - but I can do it by myself, without injury to myself, the truck, or the cap.

I hate the cap, rear visibility sucks with it for backing into the garage...but I have a bigger show than normal on Saturday and I'm taking more equipment than will fit under my flip-up tonneau cover.

speaking of trucks
I was headed to frederick the other day and go slowed up on rt70 for an accident.
I noticed my right rear felt funny. When I got to my destination I check it and sure enough there is a bead separation. Got a big bubble.
Going to replace all four tires, another 1300 I didn't budget for. I was going go replace them in the fall

7E82AA7C-A085-4899-9A2B-36090660D8BB.jpeg
We took dads charger in for a wheel alignment today. Got the front and rear aligned. Still had some shims for the rear end left over from my alignment. The car now drives like a dream. I’ve never driven an old mopar that drives as well as this one. Mine is all new and still doesn’t track as well as this one. Maybe the difference is I have a new Borgsen high ratio box and dads has the factory box. Anyway it’s all aligned and drives excellent even at 110!

speaking of trucks
I was headed to frederick the other day and go slowed up on rt70 for an accident.
I noticed my right rear felt funny. When I got to my destination I check it and sure enough there is a bead separation. Got a big bubble.
Going to replace all four tires, another 1300 I didn't budget for. I was going go replace them in the fall
I put Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo3 on my 2500 about 2 years ago. LOVE them. 10 ply, wearing like iron, ride great, excellent fuel economy, great traction wet, dry, snow, or off-pavement. I run 80psi all around, no issues. Mounted mine black sidewall, not white letter.

ges%2Fbridgestone%2Fitems%2Fbridgestone-dueler-a-t-revo-3-with-outlined-white-lettering-close-up.jpg

Can't hear a peep out of them...but, it is a Cummins, so....

These are NOT mud-terrains. They're a highway tire with some bite when you need it.

I did turn a buddy on to them and he put a set on his Wrangler, and loves them.

I put Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo3 on my 2500 about 2 years ago. LOVE them. 10 ply, wearing like iron, ride great, excellent fuel economy, great traction wet, dry, snow, or off-pavement. I run 80psi all around, no issues. Mounted mine black sidewall, not white letter.

View attachment 1131859
my Ram would take 275/60/R20 at $275.99 each.

Auto Transport Service
Back