• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Made the tach shift light come on, more than a few times! Rolled the odometer to 10,296 miles..
superbirdfullpaintb 026.jpg

Swapped the 40 year old 160 deg. thermostat out for a 180 deg. Went for a test drive and the temperature stayed steady at 180, although it wasn't hot out.

Wow IMP !! Nice car !!

I’m just finishing up my winter projects. Engine is back in. Exhaust is done. Electronic Ignition conversion is complete. Bumper and grille are still off, but it makes it easier to do the timing without them. Battery is charged an I will be attempting the first start today. I have my fingers crossed. This car and I do not get along very well. It will do everything in its power to have me stroke out.

Drove the Charger to town to get an lp bottle for the Blackstone, and to fill the mower gas cans (a 5 gal, and two 2.5s). Damn, I love that car.

Reassembled the vent windows. Had everything rechromed and polished and new glass from ECS

2023-05-21_08-47-15.jpg

2023-05-21_08-47-20.jpg

I cheated on my car with an older woman.
100th anniversary parade today for Greenwood Lake Fire Dept.
Our FD was invited so we brought out the antique
1921 American LaFrance
When I'm not working on my Charger I'm working on this

View attachment 1464578
That is fantastic! :thumbsup:

It's been a rough spring for getting Fred the GTX out for a drive so far. Weather - and life - are conspiring against, always.
I was hellbent on changing that today (after all that high tech work I did under the radiator support recently, you know...).
Our 14+ year old pup Sasha has been having a rough go of it lately and is on her likely final stretch, so we took a ride
over the ridge today with Sasha on board, too.
In the past, Sasha hasn't always enjoyed riding in Fred due to his being rather loud.

Given her hearing loss recently though, today she was ok with it - and thankfully, had a blast during our roughly
40 mile loop through the very rural parts of our county, route requested by my wife.
Despite my usual slight nervousness about distance from the nearest gas station... :)
Sasha did great and it was good to get a brief break from my heart breaking at losing her soon.

It occurred to me once we reached town again after all the twisty-turnies of going up and down a couple of
ridge lines (manual steering and brakes + big block = Nautilus workout!) that I hadn't been concerned about
Fred at all - he simply did what he does without complaint, without so much as a hint of anything going wrong.
Clutch sucks, brakes suck, all the usual - but everything worked fine and without incident - and that left me to
actually enjoy the drive AND the company.

These moments will be fewer in the near future. I am keenly aware of that - and grateful.

Ed, your story of taking Sasha for a ride really hit home with me. Neither of my two older dogs got the chance to ride in my car...it wasn't ready in time. Their favorite thing was going for rides. Just mention the word and they would bolt to the door. Sadly, they both passed eairlier this years, 32 days apart. My oldest KC, rallied and wanted to go for a ride 2 days before his passing. It was bittersweet to have him enjoying his ride but knowing his time was so short. You and Sasha are in my thoughts and prayers.

So, I thought at almost 100,000 miles that replacing the CV axles on the Jeep would be smart preventative maintenance. The one I pulled out looked fine but I put in a brand new Chinesium one. After only 14,000 miles I was doing it again.
20230522_132624.jpg

So, I thought at almost 100,000 miles that replacing the CV axles on the Jeep would be smart preventative maintenance. The one I pulled out looked fine but I put in a brand new Chinesium one. After only 14,000 miles I was doing it again.View attachment 1468467
HOLY CRAP!!

Ed, your story of taking Sasha for a ride really hit home with me. Neither of my two older dogs got the chance to ride in my car...it wasn't ready in time. Their favorite thing was going for rides. Just mention the word and they would bolt to the door. Sadly, they both passed eairlier this years, 32 days apart. My oldest KC, rallied and wanted to go for a ride 2 days before his passing. It was bittersweet to have him enjoying his ride but knowing his time was so short. You and Sasha are in my thoughts and prayers.
Mercy, a month apart....God bless y'all.
Reminds me of the winter that our two pups at the time did that a few weeks apart - right after
Pop had passed, too.
Looked at the wife and said "you feeling ok?"
She thought I was making a bad joke....
I was dead serious.

Not today, but it still hurts knowing that going into storage meant it would be a least a couple of years before I could start restoring it.:( May those days pass quickly!

IMG_6197.jpg

M
Not today, but it still hurts knowing that going into storage meant it would be a least a couple of years before I could start restoring it.:( May those days pass quickly!

View attachment 1468537
A man has to do what a man has to do. I had mine in storage for 15 years
Life happens
Yes hopefully you will be back at her before you know it

Why did you put it in storage ?
The wife and I both retired (on the same day), we sold the house w/garage about about a month later, currently shopping this great country for a new pad, and now just having fun traveling around. Pretty much everything is in storage except for what we needed in the camper. Once the housing/land market settles down then we can buy/build a new place. Until then we just bounce around and see a lot of pretty cool places and people. Different life style I know, but we both wanted to see more of the country before we picked an area to call home.

Finally got around to install a satellite emblems on my fenders. That was a very stressful job not to tear up the paint job.

62CB3EFD-BD76-4637-AC72-6C8F1FF8455A.jpeg

96CCE5D9-3127-47C4-849F-52F116A2A82F.jpeg

F592BAAC-3A75-4BD5-901E-9055EF69C612.jpeg

A18498D8-A970-445F-A106-26BF22188624.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back