• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Great news. i just never want to worry about overheating again, even if stuck in Jersey Shore traffic in the summer. Sounds like you need a different t-stat? This past fall my car wouldnt come up to temp on a cool fall day. I opened it up and realized the PO drilled a few 1/8" holes in the stat for hi flow, which i hear does have its purpose. I plan on running a standard 190* stat, maybe 195, which 'should' allow the car to hit temp before even bringing the rad into play.

Yea, I'll eventually get to the T-Stat once I start digging into the motor.

Taking baby steps with this thing cause it seems every day I end up with sumthin else I gotta replace :rolleyes:

Like the parking brake handle that snapped off yesterday :BangHead:

brokebrakehandleroadrunner.jpg

My Charger was clean as a whistle, but I pulled it out of the garage and washed it anyway. 3 cars driving by honked and gave a thumbs up. None of them were Mopars. Hee hee.

Driving it to work a few days this week.

My upper rad hose on the Dakota started leaking at the filler neck- factory "non-removeable" clamps.

Dremel'd them off and had regular hose clamps almost on, and the plastic neck snapped at the last second, taking a chunk of my middle knuckle with it. ...was soft and brittle- odd combo. Guess it's better now than on the road.

Not a big deal, got the $45 hose today, and putting it on tomorrow. That was plan B anyway, plus I get to drive the Sat a few days more than normal :)

Tonight I'm finishing my taxes and drinking.

drove her to the garage to get my friggen electrical stuff done. front end goes in at then end of the week, ready to drive by next. beyond excited

Took an old friend that hadn't been in a nice car (mopar) in years for a ride. Maybe next time I can get him to let me burn some rubber for him.

Finally got my drivers door put back together. Went to replace side view mirror and grease the window regulator. Found that a PO removed the rod that went from lock tumbler to latch assy. While in there, found the bracket at the bottom of the vent window frame was missing. Pulled everything, installed a door handle reinforcment plate (from Dynamic Renovations), new weatherstripping at the front of the window, new (used) wing window frame w/ all necessary brackets, window felt inner and outter, sideview mirror and oh yeah..the rod that goes from the tumber to the door latch. Finally got everything back together and it all works like a charm.

finished the electrical. tomorrow im doing valve covers oil pan and chin spoiler. also going to pick up my new crager wheels. extremely excited.

I LOVE that tat!

[/QUOTE]

- - - Updated - - -

Got my upper hose on the Dakota, and installed a flush-n-fill.
There's a LOT of nasty, rusty crap in there. I think the hose support springs rusted away.

Our water is famously full of calcium and silicates.
I really don't want to put tap water from the hose bib in it.
Guess I'll get several (mabe a dozen) gallons of distilled and see about a funnel with a hose connection.

What's the best flush to get out rusty crap?

Pulled the intake manifold to cure some small lears:blob1:

Attachments

• 4.10.13 025.jpg
    4.10.13 025.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 4.10.13 039.jpg
    4.10.13 039.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 170
  • 4.10.13 041.jpg
    4.10.13 041.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 4.10.13 040.jpg
    4.10.13 040.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 174
console

I did a "mock up" of my console before I put it into the car.

Attachments

• 100_0968.jpg
    100_0968.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 178
looked at it again. suppose to get more g-d snow this week. last yr we had been golfing for 3wks already.

Yea, I'll eventually get to the T-Stat once I start digging into the motor.

Taking baby steps with this thing cause it seems every day I end up with sumthin else I gotta replace :rolleyes:

Like the parking brake handle that snapped off yesterday :BangHead:

I have never been a fan of tats but that is cool as hell .. I may have to come up with a whole new plan

I have never been a fan of tats but that is cool as hell .. I may have to come up with a whole new plan

Thanks, but it's mine and you can't have it :eusa_naughty:

Anyhoo, today I did some much needed rewiring on my '69 RR

The PO did a real bang up job...

All accessories (lights, wipers, signals, gauges, etc.) worked without the key, nothing was fused and half the power wires were ziptied to the wiper arm :eek:

I always install a Heavy Duty battery cut-off solenoid on my cars, so I mounted it next to the battery in the trunk, pulled all the old dinky wiring and ran new power cables to a new ATC style fuse panel mounted on the firewall under the dash :cool:

Also wired up a switch panel with LED's on the radio plate along with knob leading down to the 8680 Timing controller I snagged on CL last week :dance:

roadrunnerrewire1.jpg

roadrunnerrewire2.jpg

roadrunnerrewire3.jpg

roadrunnerrewire4.jpg

roadrunnerrewire5.jpg

roadrunnerrewire6.jpg

All the wiring is pretty much done and tested fine (she seems to like the bumped timing), but I'm gunna call it a night and put everything back together tomorrow.

This past week, I bought 2 15x7 Magnum 500 wheels with 2 great Kelly Charger RWL tires for $50 each (CL), scored a complete 440 Thermoquad carb for $29 (JY), and located an 83ish R body 5th Ave with a complete, working glass sunroof (another JY), that they will let go for $70 (and they gave me the carb throttle pin- is a 360-4 car and looks like it ran).

If only I could actually fix something instead of just acquiring parts!

This past sat finally put my finished dana 60 in so my baby is back on all four tires next to install the engine and trans and fire her up. Been a long process

Auto Transport Service
Back