• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Put some Aero race wheels and 275/60/15 tires in the back to get rid of the "nice lowrider" comments...

before:
IMG_20130317_184715a.jpg

after:
527803_10200401030299885_871597170_n.jpg

Removed the Holley 670 Street Avenger and Edelbrock Performer 440 intake for an older-style Offenhauser 360 intake and the 750 Holley I had on before. Had a couple of issues,but got it together and had her fired up by late afternoon. Revved up nice,with good throttle response,and idled just fine-even in gear! I love it when a plan comes together. Now to get her out and drive it and see what tweaks I need to do. Then to the track...14's maybe? We'll see.

Last weekend I took the carb apart and installed two sizes larger jets front and back, installed a 50cc accell pump, played with the new pump cams, put on the new tube type squirters front and back, re-installed the carb.
Bought a new trans dipstick tube too,,,, have to install it this weekend "probably tomorrow".....
Took it down off the jack stands this evening and fired it up..... OH BOY is that awesome!!!!!!!!! squirters.jpgView attachment 109486jet kit.jpgdipstick.jpg

Day dreamed about driving it in my free time in between picks in the crane today.High 40s the last couple days is starting to get the ole spring fever a going

Drove it up on my flatbed and took it to the chassis shop for a window net install.Hope to make my licence comp licence passes in the next few weeks:blob1:

Attachments

• 7.22.12 008.jpg
    7.22.12 008.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 176
Today I started reassembly of the 73's front suspension. And yes.... I did it after rebuilding and installing the engine. You know how it goes.... Well as long as I'm going to change the k frame body mounts.... Might as well change the the upper a arm bushings.... The ball joints are really not what they should be.

Next thing you know the engine is being held on a stand and the TRANS mount.

Oh well.....

heres the pictures of my progress today. Enjoy!

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Last edited:
Today I started reassembly of the 73's front suspension. And yes.... I did it after rebuilding and installing the engine. You know how it goes.... Well as long as I'm going to change the k frame body mounts.... Might as well change the the upper a arm bushings.... The ball joints are really not what they should be.

Next thing you know the engine if being held on a stand and the TRANS mount.

Oh well.....

View attachment 109536

Looks like brake hoses are next......

What is that green thing?

Drove mine again yesterday, mostly back and forth to Napa, chasing brake parts for my brother's 66.

Counter guy said he had a 65 olds f-85 vert and 2 jaguars...maybe I should apply at Napa...

Next thing you know the engine if being held on a stand and the TRANS mount.

Oh well.....

View attachment 109536

Looks like brake hoses are next......

Good eye....brake hoses, sway bar, bearings,....... They should go in today.

Girls are out of town so I'm taking advantage of some "me" time. More to come!

Installed the hemi radiator, upper and lower hoses and started the install on the heater hoses to the firewall.
Installed the "right side" fender well heaterhose clamp/holder and the Alternator "Hemi only heater hose clamp"
"super-bee_ski"

I cleaned my Eddy Street Dominator manifold with a toothbrush. Removed about 40 years of grease and grime. It didn't even look like an aluminum manifold before, but it sure does now. It's not brand new looking, but it's a WHOLE lot better. The only problem is it makes the rest of the motor look bad...Then, I shortened a couple of spark plug wires and the coil wire to facilitate better wire routing...I knew there were better routes!
caveman

Installed the new locking trans dipstick, and drove the beast! Took it to the car wash and gave her a bath too!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back