• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Won the Street Muscle Class @ PSCA Las Vegas Nationals this weekend.

Congrats on that win...

- - - Updated - - -

Made a little test video after installing an FTI 9.5" 4k converter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ialNjB6sBAI

The first half just shows normal driving, the second half I try to go all out.

Didn't ring out 3rd though due to the condition of the tires :eek:

I hope you don't drive it much at all with cords showing, park that thing make more videos after you get some tires... have fun

Congrats on that win...

- - - Updated - - -

I hope you don't drive it much at all with cords showing, park that thing make more videos after you get some tires... have fun

Just getting rid of what I had left.

That's why I didn't ring her out in top gear :icon_winkle:

She already has the Redlines back on and I'm debating on whether I should go with 28 or 30 inch tires for my next set :eusa_eh:

Nothing on my car as usual .... but I did this for a customer's.

View attachment 185990

Ackkk, no justice under the halogen bench light. Let's go outside instead ...

attachment.jpg

It's Lollypop Red over polished aluminum logos and Black Pearl. Not much pearl in it but there's a ton of different colored metal flakes.

attachment.jpg

Leanna,
That looks AWESOME. those are covers to the intake of a Viper, yes? (Not sure what they are, I know that they go under the hood, just curious as to their meaning besides a label, engine "bling"....

NICE tho! That's the new Mopar......

- - - Updated - - -

As for me, I found this last week:

1970PlymouthRoadRunner000.gif

Mopar383Wedge012.gif

383, looks "OK" but notice it has headers, those something possible from factory Ma Mopar?

The hood of this car, was miss-labeled, OR is another hood, not sure which, the block in the car is in fact a 383, BUT, the hood says 440-6.. notice, it has no 6 pack on the motor!!!!!

Needs some under side work tho. brakes and front suspension, but the frame looks solid actually, (I myself, do not care for the rims currently on the unit) but that's just me! Got to find out if the guy will sell it tho, as a lot knows this could be one of those Mopar blue heron......"Gonna get to it" projects that sit and rots in the ground.....But, not a bad find... less then 4 miles away!

During the last week, my buddy MowPar and myself have replaced the King Pin bushes in my A100. The kit I bought from USA with the truck contained Teflon bushes (likely made from Chinesium) and they failed miserably after a short time. Having only travelled about 3,000 miles, the wheels had top-end play in excess of an inch, which made for all hands on deck when driving a straight line.

KingPins2_zps0207f9f3.jpg

KingPins_zps0983ab18.jpg

KingPins3_zps3520a4c0.jpg

The guy at the machine shop who built new bronze bushes for us made a fantastic job, and after installation there was absolutely no play...just as it should be. Not only that, they were a breeze to install because they were so well made. Now the truck steers like it should, and the level of excitement down a straight road has gone :headbang:

Installed a new gas tank. Hopefully it'll be connected to a running engine before long.

Got out on the road for the very first time this year!

Getting the '69 Coronet Convertible ready for the Mopar car show at Bandimere tomorrow.
Finish up some electric fan wiring, changed the oil, removed the reverse light switch and verified it's toast, adjusted the throttle cable (still only opens the throttle body 90%), did a little tuning on the EFI, washed the car, topped off the fuel tank with 91 octane, and bolted down the sub box in the trunk so it quits sliding around.

I also changed the oil and transfer case fluid on the 2005 Ram 3500.

I need more than a drink, I need a whole bottle

Damn :iamwithstupid: you guys are making me feel bad, I haven't done didely squat on my car recently... I need to save a few more $$$ {Thousands that is, it's kind of tough, when your not bringing much in thou, just spending} to get a few more parts, been doing allot of house stuff, typical yearly spring crap & dealing with old dog & ol'Pops... after that then, I'll be up-to my eyeballs working on my RR & Dakota...
I need a few drinks too !!

Geting ready to pain the underside of my floor and have been dragging feet on it ... but this week I will get it done....

Well, had a busy day actually. Decided to stay home and get a few things done to the Charger(s) today. First to clean up the 67. It sleeps at my sons garage since we don't have ours built yet. While I appreciate having a place for the winter, they also use it for their own cars (3 car garage) and it gets damp as well as cold.
So everything that was bare metal that I did not clear coat has corrosion or surface rust. Frustrating since I thought I found everything last year.
Also had a seepage around the thermostat hose. It never did seal properly. So, took that apart, a little RTV around the neck took care of that while I had all the Corbin clamps off. Cleaned up all the clamps and clear coat. Then as mentioned previously, my wife is a master at masking and taping things off. Aluminum foil is wonderful under the hood for keeping things covered. A little turquoise paint. Touch up the pulleys and brackets with flat back. Put it all together and a bit of detailing, we're back in business.
index.php

So now on to the 73. Couple of projects there. First my horn stopped working last week. When we purchased the car there was no horn relay so I got one, put it in and - horn works. When it stopped, now what!!!! Well let me say as has been said many times in the past, why do people do half-assed things to cars? My wiring under the dash is a rats nest. Little by little I have found lots of issues and this I can add to it. Splices and just a mess!
Well, Martha got under there since she was tidying up under there last, I'm guessing she moved something. Sure enough she found this!!!
Great huh? Any way, bad splice taken care of and on to the next project.
index.php

And finally, the original driver window on the 73 had a chip on it. So I found a door in a local yard and brought the entire thing home. It had already been cut up and was pretty rusted out at the bottom so I took out the window, and ALL the guts and scrapped the shell.
I took the glass to my glass guy who put it in for me but never had an opportunity to adjust it properly as he got sick (I mean hospital sick*). A good friend over the years - he actually closed the shop. *Too bad too, old time guy who knew these cars pretty well as he had a Roadrunner himself some years back and works on lots of older vehicles that no one else will touch in town.
Anyway he got it together and said bring it back in the spring and I'll adjust it properly. Well that isn't happening now and the window still needed adjustment, it made noise going up and down as well. So I sat down and read the service manual with a cup of coffee this morning and figured out what needed to be done. One issue was the stops not adjusted - in fact one of the stops was not correct. It was a guide and it was rubbing bare metal against the window. So much for the squeal I was hearing. I dug through the parts-door box and success, I had one! I replaced it, followed the procedure in the service manual and adjusted the window and it works great.
index.php

Just taking a break and cooling off with a cold beverage before I go back out and reinstall the door panels.
Figured I better quit while I'm ahead before I break something!!

Looked at mine and deciding where to spend the next little bit of cash I get together ! LOL!!

It's actually been the last 2 days. I dug in to my parts stash and did some upgrades on my '64 Polara.

Installed a new set of HD rear leaf springs.
New .960 torsion bars
New lower control arm and strut rod bushings
Moved the calipers to the back side of the spindles and adapted a front sway bar from a '69 Charger
Changed the front wheels out from 14" to 15"
Replaced the rear 7" wide wheels with 8"

I am frickin' beat, going to go have a beer now. This getting old sucks!

037.jpg
035.jpg
034.jpg

Went to the Mopar show at Bandimere, and discovered my power steering hose is dripping, left turn signal stopped working, found the dash bulb that fell out of the dash when I was installing it last week (it finally fell to the floor), something in the front brakes or hub is making a screetching sound at real slow speeds, the driveshaft has a high speed vibration above 100 MPH, and the throttle only opens 90%. Made a few passes at the track with the new EFI. First pass blew the tires off for about 100', and ran a 14.7 @ 100. Second pass rolled out slower for traction and short shifted and ran 14.2 @101 (trying to stay out of the 13's with the convertible.) Went out first round with a 0.021 redlight, so I ran it harder and got a 13.7 @ 102. Took the car to the track scale and it weighed 4,360 lbs.
Looks like I have more work to do on the car....

I took the trunk lid off my 64 Dodge and welded a few patches into the trunk floor. Now I get to crawl under the car and scrape 50 years of junk off the back half and get it all painted with POR15. That is one dirty job!! Put the mask and goggle on and get-r-done. No easy way to do it unless someone does it for you. No Fun in that, right? Then its media blasting the car for body work and paint. Lots of stuff to do. Since I am now retired I got the time and I love doing it. It is going to be mildly pretty, and pretty fast.

tmp_20140602_163121-1764965229.jpg
Made up a new trunk divider for my 66 charger. Sorry bout the crappy pic had a hard time getting a decent one. Today I get the bumper back from chrome tomorrow new wheels damn it never ends does it?

Installed new master cylinder, replaced leaking header gasket and changed to stock vintage chromed valve covers from aftermarket ones.IMG_1947.jpg
IMG_1948.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back