• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Replaced a few American Racing Wheel center cap screws and added some blue thread locker to the rest
7A3483EF-A9A1-4B0A-84A2-B1D20459C564.jpeg
28485FC5-C2FB-47C5-BE8A-BC26499D2E01.jpeg
since they constantly loosen up and/or fall out.

Well it was yesterday before the stupid snow storm started not today but I moved my 70 Charger project back to the shop from my house garage for winter project time

IMG_20221215_111341181.jpg

IMG_20221215_113044640.jpg

Last edited:
Measured up the pushrods and called Smith Bros then I can button her up and roll her to the side while I wait for the rest of the puzzle pieces to install.

20230217_100808.jpg

Trying to get the Hooker Blackheart system hooked up to the headers! What a challenge to
do it the right way and not hack it up! At least I have a nice goose down pillow to put under
my noggin.
20230217_100305.jpg
20230217_100244.jpg
20230214_143817.jpg

Nothing, because i'm waiting for the upholsterer to finsh my upper rear seat. It's only been four months. Small jobs get kicked down to the bottom of the " Q "

Sanding away on a set of steel wheels to get ready for a re-spray.

Decided to dig into our seats tonight and located the broadcast sheet of the car they came out of; A 69 Dart GT (I guessed GTS but it decoded to a GT 225 /6)
Matching pair dated 3-3-69
20230217_202010.jpg20230217_202019.jpg20230217_202111.jpg

When I bought the car ('63 Sport Fury) the dipstick tube was broken off in the block. I had to drill out the old tube prompting me to pull the oil pan. There was about 2 inches of black muck in the pan so I cleaned everything up Thursday and put the new oil pump on Friday and will get the blasted and repainted oil pan on today.

Fury engine bottom.jpg

Have been working on the front suspension for my 70 Charger
Took the K frame and some of the parts to the sand blaster to get cleaned up
They painted the parts black when they had them
Slowly getting it back together cleaning everything up and painting the little bits

I want to get it all together and set the engine and transmission in on the floor and try to lift the car over it to install the motor from the bottom
Never tried it that way so thought this is the perfect time to give it a try

IMG_20230214_101204914.jpg

IMG_20230216_155923841.jpg

I want to get it all together and set the engine and transmission in on the floor and try to lift the car over it to install the motor from the bottom
Never tried it that way so thought this is the perfect time to give it a try

Piece-o-cake. I've been doing it that way for 40 years.

Cleaned it up yesterday and headed to a show in Florence AZ today with my youngest daughter

When I bought the car ('63 Sport Fury) the dipstick tube was broken off in the block. I had to drill out the old tube prompting me to pull the oil pan. There was about 2 inches of black muck in the pan so I cleaned everything up Thursday and put the new oil pump on Friday and will get the blasted and repainted oil pan on today.

View attachment 1419832
Did you sandblast your oil pan? I would NEVER put it back on. You can never get all the sand granules out of it. I have seen the insides of engines that have been run after having oil pans or valve covers blasted, "cleaned", and then run. It has never been pretty to see what sand will do to bearing surfaces or cylinder walls. Buy another pan, if you have sandblasted yours!

Did you sandblast your oil pan? I would NEVER put it back on. You can never get all the sand granules out of it. I have seen the insides of engines that have been run after having oil pans or valve covers blasted, "cleaned", and then run. It has never been pretty to see what sand will do to bearing surfaces or cylinder walls. Buy another pan, if you have sandblasted yours!
My father-in-law says the way to get rid of glass bead is good old fashioned soap (like Dawn) and water and a good scrubbing to get stuff out of the pores. Not sure if it will work with sandblasting, but I don't see why not?

I finished assembling the front suspension a little after midnight, so technically it was today…

image.jpg

Yes I blasted it, and I promise it's clean. It took a bath in my bathtub with Dawn detergent, blew dry it and wiped it down with acetone the paper towel was clean.

Auto Transport Service
Back