• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Looked at the space where it normally sits in the garage knowing it will come back from the paint shop looking better than ever.

I broke a couple 440 rods with those 2355's until we started lightening them back in the 80's. Never had a failure after that.

I broke a couple 440 rods with those 2355's until we started lightening them back in the 80's. Never had a failure after that.
Helped a buddy run his 69 road runner using the 2295's on worked 6 pack rods with high strength rod bolts. He was launching that thing at 6k and shifting at 6800. This car was shade tree and shoe stringed to the max but it held together and made the scoffers look up and take notice lol. Didn't take too long to get it into the high 10's...iirc his best ET was a 10.73. This was in 83 when no one around my parts was running a Mopar that fast let alone for the whole season and swimming up stream in a sea of Chevys.

Ball end mill? I did some pistons some years back for a bud that was planning on running the funny gas and was skeptical because I took out way more than 75 grams lol. He was running a fully loaded road runner complete with a cage and that thing was 3900 lbs and ran high 10's with a good shot of that stuff. Several years later he went with a bigger engine and brought the slugs over to show me the damage.....and there was none!
I think my father-in-law simply called it a circular cutter. It is disc shaped and a cutter is held in with set screws. In this case, the cutter we chose to use had a rounded end so it would cut a nice, smooth pattern on the top of the piston.

done.... ish

IMG_20231028_150152.jpg

Ordered parts. I need plugs and new fuel to get the silver car running again. Pumpgas destroyed the carbs, fuel-cell foam, and other stuff in the system. Lots of money, to fix something that was sitting. GRRRR
I should sell this car, as I don't use it anymore.

Missile garage 8-16-21.jpg

Well I mounted new down sized tires on my temporary 15" wheels. I went from 225/70 -275/60 (Fire Hawks) to 215/70-255/60 (Cooper Cobra) after I got my car back from the paint shop this afternoon.

Still a lot to do on this riding project!

20231028_154334 small.jpg

I picked up some very suspicious character's in my Ram today! The grandkids had a blast playing in the bed of the Ram! Best Mopar day ever!

IMG_4117.jpg

Ordered parts. I need plugs and new fuel to get the silver car running again. Pumpgas destroyed the carbs, fuel-cell foam, and other stuff in the system. Lots of money, to fix something that was sitting. GRRRR
I should sell this car, as I don't use it anymore.

View attachment 1547433
Man, just from one pic of it, I like it!!

Delivered 'The Roach' to the body shop today and on the way back, picked up my reupholstered Procar bucket seats (for my '69 Cuda) from the upholsterer.

1698792191237.png

thumbnail.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back