• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you like that is OEM, what do you prefer to be aftermarket ?

I agree that with some special model or something built in small numbers that it should be kept close to stock. Superbirds, Daytonas, A-12 6 pack cars, AAR and T/A E bodies....
I have never owned a "pedigree" car. The closest that I've ever had was a '73 Dart Sport 340 without the engine, a '74 Dart Sport 360 without the original engine and a '74 Duster 360...again, without the original engine. The '70 XH Charger I towed home this Summer is a 383 car but not a special model. IT is originally FK5 Burnt Orange, a ONE year color.
I do respect a factory stock restoration. It takes more skill to restore to factory standards than to do a mild "resto-mod".
Agree. I feel that some restorations are overdone. When the cars came off the line some were plain sloppy. Probably depends on the day they were built. I bet Monday cars were the worst because of hangovers. Friday many were burnt out and thinking about the weekend. Overstay and poor fitting panels were common. B bodies are just beer cans with motors and wheels. Gotta love um.

Auto Transport Service
Back