• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What happened to DEF fluid?

When I was at Sams club they were out, usually $12 or so.. Found some at Home Depot for $20.. I bought it, thinking is there a fkn shortage of it??

Read online that Urea has doubled in price... Like the metal for my roof.
Go to a oil distributor they have it bulk and 2.5 gallon jugs. Just bought two 55 gallon drums. 395.00 a piece store them in 75 degree the will last. The shortage is coming and pricing will be as high as gas. Biden going to make sure you have to plug in to go.

Go to a oil distributor they have it bulk and 2.5 gallon jugs. Just bought two 55 gallon drums. 395.00 a piece store them in 75 degree the will last. The shortage is coming and pricing will be as high as gas. Biden going to make sure you have to plug in to go.
You paid over $7.00 a gallon for DEF? That's CRAZY!! It's $3.29 a gallon at Pilot.

As an OTR Owner/Operator, I am loving the increase in freight rates. Short hauls are paying much better than the long hauls. I am heading to Binghamton, N.Y. (475 miles) with steel decking paying $6.35 a mile. I hope the driver shortage lasts forever!!
Good for you rake it in while its here god knows everything is up and on the rise I do The dreaded drywall thing for a living Just a small time company that does high quality work, charge more but I do more . I just gave all my guys a 20% raise and take them deep sea fishing every other year for the last 6 years to show my appreciation. Ive always paid good and treated my guys with respect why? because I used to be one of those guys that were treated like **** and beat down every penny they could get out of me. Times are not of my liking but anyone that cares about there job right now is gold, so charge accordingly and follow the market prices. and FJB.

You paid over $7.00 a gallon for DEF? That's CRAZY!! It's $3.29 a gallon at Pilot.
Got it because my next door neighbor is California and drivers are starting to scream about the pricing. But most of all want to stock up on it as i am being told from the fuel distribution people this is going to be a real thing. So i stocked up on it may pay more but i got when nobody else will.

I have to order Jet A 1 Tanker Trucks two weeks in advance now for delivery to our fuel farm

Was told out of the 500 Tanker Trucks available , 200 are sitting

Shortage of drivers

Anyways

. The shortage is coming and pricing will be as high as gas
That will be interesting. Trucks will derate when DEF goes empty and then derate again after empty for a while. All that means is your goods are going to be sitting on the side of the road with a truck that will only idle. Dumb idea to make a shortage of the fluids and fuel that move the world. Gasoline, who cares most of you have worked from home for the last year so it's not that important and can be held for essential workers, which they know who you are now. Now if all the DEF trucks would be stopped maybe we would have a little power to repeal that electronic log, wishful thinking. Hope it will keep me on a time sheet for 7-10 more years, I can live with that.

That will be interesting. Trucks will derate when DEF goes empty and then derate again after empty for a while. All that means is your goods are going to be sitting on the side of the road with a truck that will only idle. Dumb idea to make a shortage of the fluids and fuel that move the world. Gasoline, who cares most of you have worked from home for the last year so it's not that important and can be held for essential workers, which they know who you are now. Now if all the DEF trucks would be stopped maybe we would have a little power to repeal that electronic log, wishful thinking. Hope it will keep me on a time sheet for 7-10 more years, I can live with that.
I have a 2019 Kenworth W900 and my warranty runs out on November 4th of this year. I already have a tentative appointment to get it deleted thanks to my good friend @Roger63
I can't even begin to list the stories that I have heard of drivers losing everything due to sensor shortages, all the while their truck sits dead at some dealer.

Thank the good for nothing C.A.R.B. for there contributions to the transportation industry.

I can't even begin to list the stories that I have heard of drivers losing everything due to sensor shortages, all the while their truck sits dead at some dealer
Buddy of mine has a '14 **** spreader, at the dealer they changed a sensor, light out for 3 days. Went back changed the sensor, light out for 2 days. Went back they wanted to change the module and the sensor. I told him get the truck out of there and take it to my guys. 2 days later the truck had a broken wire in harness, fixed for good, well at least till the next BS happens. His might be "fixed" now, nary a problem since.
Glad my '07 900 only had EGR. It's still a old truck though, not as old as the '85 Pete it replaced.

I tried to get the delete button pushed but cummins said no. From what i gather the def tank assembly head is on back order till nov1. Also the nox sensor is on back order for 84 days. Its really becoming a problem and no answers. I have had a unit down for two weeks now and cummins keeps feeding me a line of crap.

I tried to get the delete button pushed but cummins said no. From what i gather the def tank assembly head is on back order till nov1. Also the nox sensor is on back order for 84 days. Its really becoming a problem and no answers. I have had a unit down for two weeks now and cummins keeps feeding me a line of crap.
I had 2weeks in a injector cam and 6 rockers. I'm going to say that was much better than some of the stories I've heard. Worst was parts were " on demand truck down* and no date as to when they would show up, that's aggravating.
Good luck.

Thank god for the older ones. I can still run them. What's a million miles just one short of two.

I got a guy

Thank god for the older ones. I can still run them. What's a million miles just one short of two.
Smart money would have been to cut my 85 and stretch it with newer rears, but I've got too many other projects so I kept the '07.

California is really going to be the issue for older units. Watch when everyone starts running the older stuff. We will be paying fines or have to buy a permit to run older units in and out.

California is really going to be the issue for older units. Watch when everyone starts running the older stuff. We will be paying fines or have to buy a permit to run older units in and out.
I haven't been to the Shakey in over 20 years. If I do go it will not be by truck. Do they still have the 70/55 speed limit split? Only reason I would go is to fly in drive home a car that I just can't live without.
Last loads I ever did that even went to the west coast was rail transfer coils that unloaded and jumped on the train in Chicago. Now I seem to have lost the pages in my Atlas for Illinois and Indiana so probably not going there either.

Yep still got all the bs. Fast track and express tolls etc. Anything for tax dollars. you know the drill bend over and grab the ankles cause your going to pay one way or the other.

There’s always a way around the emissions crap, allegedly.

The trick with defeating taxes and meters is to be confident in two things;

1. Know how to disguise your tampering in such a way that no-one can pin the blame on you.
2. Be smart enough to talk your way out of any lines of questioning should you be caught out.

Problem is, most people cannot do either of those successfully, hence why they get caught out and prosecuted.

Auto Transport Service
Back