• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What has happened to our former and old members

Wow, time has slipped away! Still here albeit not too much on here that much. Cuda Chick sent me the link that this was a cool thread, so, thanks cuda! I've since moved shop to a new location, moved the then projects to the new location and basically shut down all blasting operations for a long time. I'm almost done building a brand new, purpose built blasting room big enough to hold 2 B Body cars in it and have nominal room to move around to blast. Ideally, just one car in there is best. I built the room out of steel and put a large platform on top to hold stuff. I bought an old used paint booth which I am cutting up to size to line the walls and ceiling of the blast room. Putting new sheetmetal down on the floor making it a completely enclosed metal room with a large dust evacuation system to keep things clean and tidy.

Sadly, metalworking takes so long and so many customers are completely ill-prepared for the cost realities of these tasks. I'm the bad guy. It is not getting better either. This is now a rich mans game, period. I tell people on day 1 this will be expensive, they never believe me as they are so excited about having their car restored. I had this Gran Torino guy come last spring asking me how much to fix his car; I said no less than 30 thousand dollars. He looked at me stunned, and did not believe me. well, at 21k later, he got mad at me and made a scene and it was ugly. So, I no longer do this work, I am wrapping up what I have and telling them all to go pound sand. As I said, this is now a rich mans game.

I'll go back to just media blasting and working on my own cars' needs and own car projects. What is hot and heavy and actually progressing is the 65 Mustang Fastback I sourced in a storage lot years ago. Gotten pretty busy on high-end work; lots of Porsche aluminum intake manifolds to refinish, and I too have two 928 projects. My GTX I actually gave away to this young man working for me. He asked me a while ago "Donny, help me find an old car to restore" After a few days I decided to give him the best candidate and one worth the most potential money. After all, giving a shitty gift away is not really a gift at all, in fact, it may work against you in the world of Karma! I gave him everything for that car.

Well, I'll try to be around more! Cheers!

There was one guy I liked, he had a FC7 Charger, long hair...long mane...Burly guy.
Budnicks and Cranky will remember him

He got bounced for arguing with a MOD I think.

Also, Bruzilla and I butted heads often, but he passed at a relatively early age.
I posted about the Spratley Islands becoming a South China Sea Super Base for the Chi-Coms...he de-buked me every which way...but my INTEL was "Far Superior"
:rofl:
Now, we see the Chinese have built an incredible base from those Reefs and atolls

Last edited:
Wow, time has slipped away! Still here albeit not too much on here that much. Cuda Chick sent me the link that this was a cool thread, so, thanks cuda! I've since moved shop to a new location, moved the then projects to the new location and basically shut down all blasting operations for a long time. I'm almost done building a brand new, purpose built blasting room big enough to hold 2 B Body cars in it and have nominal room to move around to blast. Ideally, just one car in there is best. I built the room out of steel and put a large platform on top to hold stuff. I bought an old used paint booth which I am cutting up to size to line the walls and ceiling of the blast room. Putting new sheetmetal down on the floor making it a completely enclosed metal room with a large dust evacuation system to keep things clean and tidy.

Sadly, metalworking takes so long and so many customers are completely ill-prepared for the cost realities of these tasks. I'm the bad guy. It is not getting better either. This is now a rich mans game, period. I tell people on day 1 this will be expensive, they never believe me as they are so excited about having their car restored. I had this Gran Torino guy come last spring asking me how much to fix his car; I said no less than 30 thousand dollars. He looked at me stunned, and did not believe me. well, at 21k later, he got mad at me and made a scene and it was ugly. So, I no longer do this work, I am wrapping up what I have and telling them all to go pound sand. As I said, this is now a rich mans game.

I'll go back to just media blasting and working on my own cars' needs and own car projects. What is hot and heavy and actually progressing is the 65 Mustang Fastback I sourced in a storage lot years ago. Gotten pretty busy on high-end work; lots of Porsche aluminum intake manifolds to refinish, and I too have two 928 projects. My GTX I actually gave away to this young man working for me. He asked me a while ago "Donny, help me find an old car to restore" After a few days I decided to give him the best candidate and one worth the most potential money. After all, giving a shitty gift away is not really a gift at all, in fact, it may work against you in the world of Karma! I gave him everything for that car.

Well, I'll try to be around more! Cheers!

DONNY!
I would always POST: "Wishing donny was my neighbor"
I once was quoted that I could get a car 100 percent blasted here in So Cal for $500 and Donny said NO...
I took it to the guy and it ended up costing $1,800 I think!
Donny was correct!!!

:thankyou:

:thumbsup:

I know a few members here disappeared when Trump became PotUS, I forget if it was Satman68, or 68Satman that first comes to mind? I know that there are others. It's funny with this Covid, the forum boards are getting loaded with people digging up old dead threads asking the OP about something, only to find they've been dead for the past 6 years. It's sad but it's also funny. People come, people go!

Satman and the guy from up North California Miller Light beer reminds me of him...I liked him but his foot got in his mouth a lot...had a fine looking wife..Budnicks knows his name...

OH: PABSTER!
yeah, the Pabster...Remember him anyone?

Along with the FC7 Charger guy with the Mullet...

There was one guy I liked, he had a FC7 Charger, long hair...long mane...Burly guy.
Budnicks and Cranky will remember him

He got bounced for arguing with a MOD I think.

That wasn't Dave @topdog or something like that was it?

dave's RR2.jpg
dave's RR3.jpg

That wasn't Dave @topdog or something like that was it?

View attachment 1068812 View attachment 1068813
wasn't that the guy that had the Javelin?
I maybe combining 2 members into 1

Another one, I can't remember his screen name
having a brainfart, everyone called him Dawg

The one I miss was Propwash (Will) his build Beast RR thread was great
a great contributor to the forum, avid hunter, from Wisconson
he was building a 68 Dart GTS for his wife too

Last edited:

Same guy. He had a Red Javelin or AMX.

You can see the *** end in this pic. He had a 66(?) Belvedere too.

dave's collection.jpg
dave's belvy (1).JPG

I think most people use the site for the invaluable information it offers. Some use it and move on. Of all the members here how many hang like we do every day and how many just search for builds for an answer to that one problem they have. It serves different people different ways. Most of us have more time on are hands the older we get.

Aww Man. :( RIP Ronnie Boy
yeah Ron Wilson was really active on a couple of forums
good guy with a good heart/people person
didn't know the most about stuff, but a good guy
he helped me thru a computer issue
& we struck up a conversation, would talk from time to time

He was active (MMM) MoPar Muscle Magazine Forum too
before it went away basically
I use to go there a lot... Daily an hr or more

Ron was a regular too...
I had found the Chargers forum, he was there too
it's a morgue essentially now, shitty ownership & hard to post photos
too many hatters & liberals, with no sense of humor etc.
I was recommended to come here by a member from over there
that use to live here down in Sonora area Dan @68X426 ,
with his red 426 Hemi RR, lives in Texas now
he's still around...

I saw Ron was here too, along with a few others
that migrated around from MMM, to DC . com (graveyard)
then to here, to the 69RR forum, the truck forum
pretty much now I spend most of my forum time here...

funny how many names I recognize from the 1st forum I joined
Mopar Muscle Magazine Forum
Jim @IQ52 (& his son Cody) was a regular over there too
I don't see him posting much here much anymore...
I think he was going to retire engine building,
spend more time hunting exploring etc.
he is a real pro, he knows his stuff & a really good guy

another guys name eludes me, been a while
I think, I'd recognize it if I saw it
IIRC he was called Rev or something
he was a regular on a few of them too

Last edited:
yeah Ron Wilson was really active on a couple of forums
good guy with a good heart/people person
didn't know the most about stuff, but a good guy
he helped me thru a computer issue
& we struck up a conversation, would talk from time to time

He was active (MMM) MoPar Muscle Magazine Forum too
before it went away basically
I use to go there a lot... Daily an hr or more

Ron was a regular too...
I had found the Chargers forum, he was there too
it's a morgue essentially now, shitty ownership & hard to post photos
too many hatters & liberals, with no sense of humor etc.
I was recommended to come here by a member from over there
that use to live here down in Sonora area Dan @68X426 ,
with his red 426 Hemi RR, lives in Texas now
he's still around...

I saw Ron was here too, along with a few others
that migrated around from MMM, to DC . com (graveyard)
then to here, to the 69RR forum, the truck forum
pretty much now I spend most of my forum time here...

funny how many names I recognize from the 1st forum I joined
Mopar Muscle Magazine Forum
Jim @IQ52 (& his son Cody) was a regular over there too
I don't see him posting much here much anymore...
I think he was going to retire engine building,
spend more time hunting exploring etc.
he is a real pro, he knows his stuff & a really good guy

another guys name eludes me, been a while
I think, I'd recognize it if I saw it
IIRC he was called Rev or something
he was a regular on a few of them too

Revhendo @Revhendo. He's in Cali too. He's active over on FABO

I was MIA although even back I wasn’t involved daily or sometimes weeks in showing up on this site. For awhile every year I’d purchase the t shirts and I may have a few somewhere around here. But I rejoined today and hopefully have a little more time to spend here.
There were tee shirts?? When was this?

Auto Transport Service
Back