• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is everyone using for body paint system these days?

mr_belvedere

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:30 AM
Reaction score
Wanting to replicate assembly line like body paint finish. 30 or so years ago my choice would have been PPG DP primer, PPG K36 primer surfacer followed by DP reduced as a sealer. Then finished with PPG Delstar acrylic enamel. Most, if not all these materials are no longer available.
What will get the job done in the 21st century? Wanting to stay with a single stage enamel or urethane.
Thanks in advance.

Love PPG products. Wonder for topcoat if Deltron still available in these days? Everything these days base/clear

I was using ppg concept for a while And got nice results. Pretty pricey though. So I tried ppg Omni line which Is their lower price line. I went with single stage urethane and found omni didn’t have great coverage but holds up well….so far.
lately Ive used tcp global single stage urethane and it covered pretty well but too early to tell as far as durability.

Auto Transport Service
Back