• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is everyone working on in the off season.

Well I finally got off my wallet. Ordered 2 brand new custom built Holleys from Mark Whitener at Lighting carbs. First time in my life I've ever bought a new carb.
Doug

13.7 with the .040 head gasket. 400 block 4.375 x 4.15.
——
That’s gonna be one quick 383!
With some good heads you’ll be well into the 700’s for hp.

DA1D6ED7-DE6D-4D6B-8B6F-756DF1E5B0CE.jpeg
——
That’s gonna be one quick 383!
With some good heads you’ll be well into the 700’s for hp.
It’s for a stock appearing racing, so 550 horse will be good.

Last edited:
I am hoping to (finally) finish my 65 Belvedere I drag car. I stripped the engine compartment down and primed everything after welding a few spots. I replaced the inside floor and trunk pans. I am putting it together to resemble a 65 super stocker. Not a replica, I just like the looks of those cars.
IMG_0478w.jpg

Well I finally got off my wallet. Ordered 2 brand new custom built Holleys from Mark Whitener at Lighting carbs. First time in my life I've ever bought a new carb.
Doug
—-
Holleys? This is a big change for you. Will be interesting to see some new time slips.

Well i didnt plan on working on this . Track finally open , private club day running 1/8 mile .
1st pass out after 10 months . About 200' after the stripe heard a little rattle like kicking up stones . Ran this fan/rad fir 10 years there abouts .
I guess its time for elec fan upgrade .

Tex

20201208_073327.jpg 20201208_073335.jpg

This has been on my wish list forever. I have to have something to work on in the Winter months. Cushman scooters that need rebuilt is a little hard to find. This one had the engine completely torn down. Internals are on the table. Previous owner tore it down and lost interest when he messed up the threads on the crankshaft . I enjoy the research and the parts chase. ...............MO

20201123_151703.jpg

Goin to put a 4 speed in the 68 most likely

View attachment 697158
My sister's ex husband bought a 68 charger rt new I think called it canary yellow looks like yours. Had the track pack four speed beautiful car don't think I've seen another one like that combo.
He raced it a few years things didn't work out and parked it at 29,000 mi.
Sat in the back yard forever and rotted away. What an ***.

Well i didnt plan on working on this . Track finally open , private club day running 1/8 mile .
1st pass out after 10 months . About 200' after the stripe heard a little rattle like kicking up stones . Ran this fan/rad fir 10 years there abouts .
I guess its time for elec fan upgrade .

Tex

View attachment 1037031 View attachment 1037032
—-
What the hell, water pump bearing let go?

—-
What the hell, water pump bearing let go?
I think fan just clipped shroud and thats all she wrote . Waterpump is good , engine mounts show ok . Shite happens some days .
At least didnt let go fully till turn off .
New fans in and done on spare radiator . So usable . New AFCO radiator ordered , then tig brackets on and fit up . I cant aluminium weld so that will take a couple days
Fans are Aussie ford falcon units .

Tex

Washed mine and changed the fluids to officially put them away for winter. Car covers are on.

IMG_54441.jpg 20150809_200311.jpg

I'm trying to do a bunch of little chassis things, then probably freshen the motor.

I want to tie frontand rear frame together, but I don't weld. I have a buddy that used to do chassis work and he was really good but got out of it.

I hate letting other people work on my car.

—-
More work on the off season. Finally decided on how I wanted the exhaust to run. Very time consuming. Check it out.

View attachment 1013045

Likely going to be a touch on the loud side, hoping for a thumbs up instead of a ticket..
View attachment 1013046

View attachment 1013047
mike, When you pull into a car show, if the driveway is on DIR,T be careful not to rev up the motor as the exhaust pointing kinda down will stir up a lot of dust and piss everyone off.
I did just that in my Coronet with exhaust pointing down and couldnt figure out why bunch of guys were mad a me till I figured it out....lol

mike, When you pull into a car show, if the driveway is on DIR,T be careful not to rev up the motor as the exhaust pointing kinda down will stir up a lot of dust and piss everyone off.
I did just that in my Coronet with exhaust pointing down and couldnt figure out why bunch of guys were mad a me till I figured it out....lol
—-
Yeah guys get pissed off over that especially when they’re downwind. When the show is on dirt or gravel it happens lots. My one car dumps down behind the rear tires, 3” OD and lots of cam, that’s when you push.

Auto Transport Service
Back