• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where are my okies? And arkies, Kansans and so on???

Hosehead

Reaction score
hey guys I am pleased to announce that after 22 years in California I am finally moving(escaping) back home to Oklahoma next year. We closed on a beautiful 1903 built house in Grove, OK last night and I couldn't be happier. It's about an hour from Joplin, Mo and Bentonville, Ar in the northeast corner of Ok on Grand Lake O the Cherokees. I absolutely love it there.
Anyhow, I'll be moving sometime after it warms up and will be looking to do some racing and meeting some new mopar people in the area. So, any of you that are fairly close should introduce yourselves. I was also wondering about any cool events and tracks in the area. I've been to the dragstrip in Tulsa and I know Mo-Kan is nearby but I've never been there.
It's been so long that I figured I'd ask around here to see about any cool mopar or drag race happenings in my area. Should have this beast up and going soon! Thanks guys!

IMG_0600.JPG

Sunny California to wintery OKC? Winter just started and I'm already sick of it. I've always wanted to live in 365 days of cruisin weather.

Sunny California to wintery OKC? Winter just started and I'm already sick of it. I've always wanted to live in 365 days of cruisin weather.

Try living in LA for 22 years and get back to me....:lol:

Seriously, I miss the seasons. A good thunderstorm, etc. winter in Oklahoma isn't too awful. The fall and spring are spectacular. Also, I have a good sized shop at the new place so I can at least wrench during foul weather. And it's PAID FOR with the proceeds of the house in Pasadena. I'll deal with some weather for some peace, quiet and no mortgage.

Congrats Hose, enjoy your new found Freedom! Your in for a rude awaking to see how bad you've had it for the last 22 years, Enjoy! A change of seasons is nice!

Hope the weather cooperates with the move. Moving in winter sucks!

Oh, I'll be waiting until spring for the big move. I'll probably rent a u-haul and take a bunch of tools and my 73 d100 as soon as there is a clear weekend to drive out. Gonna be there for a week or so each month to do some stuff of the house before the wife comes out in the summer.
Gonna move garage stuff first. I'm starting to realize how much crap I've accumulated in the past 22 years....

I was born in Tulsa grew up in the Ozarks. Now in Colorado. Man I miss the wicked thunderstorms. NE Oklahoma is called The Green Country. Lots of lakes. Fishing boating and hunting. Most of Oklahoma is really green. It's also very cowboy and Indian.

I was born in Tulsa grew up in the Ozarks. Now in Colorado. Man I miss the wicked thunderstorms. NE Oklahoma is called The Green Country. Lots of lakes. Fishing boating and hunting. Most of Oklahoma is really green. It's also very cowboy and Indian.

Yep, I really miss it. I have fished on that lake for years. One of my favorite places on earth....
What high school did you attend, Steve?

Hi I'm from SE Ok, Redland is the community, Idabel is closest populated town, I. Also moved away for 20 something years. Used to street race my challenge around Pasadena tx. Then Houston raceway, moved back home in ok. Closest track is Paris tx. I have never missed the big city. Still build Mopars

Congratulations!! I was born and spent quite a few years in southern Okla. I have spent some time around Disney Okla on grand when a uncle lived there. Grand is a great place to play. Spoonbill, catfish and crappie.

MO-KAN Dragway has a Mopar weekend event in the spring. Races, swap and I think car show. Tried to go this last spring but it was cancelled due to heavy rain and unseasonably cold temp.

Back