• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has MOVED from their home state ? How difficult was it for you?

i went to a few company meetings outside phoenix when i was working, at breakfast looking out the window everything looked dirty and the air was brown. i asked some local co workers what was going on and they said it was there typical dust storms blowing thru. they said in the summer it was common to get them once a week in varying intensity's...something to consider looking at arizona.
That's actually not true. You get them a few times a year. Skies are generally super clear and sunny. Roads here are the best in the USA in my opinion. Smooth, flat and quiet. Perfect for bikes too. Never a pot hole.
I moved from Ohio and have lived here 17 years. It's perfect weather for classic cars (If you have AC in the summer).
I drive mine about once every 2 weeks, use a California duster on it and wash it maybe 2-3 times per year.

Around 45,000 acre-feet of water – enough to fill 22,500 Olympic-size swimming pools – is being pumped out every year of the aquifer serving Kingman, according to the Arizona Department of Water Resources. That’s more than four times the amount naturally replenished each year, according to state and federal estimates.

And they point the finger squarely at corporate megafarms, which, according to data from the state water department and Mohave County, were pumping 60% to 72% of the groundwater used there as of 2021.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/02/04/us/arizona-groundwater-regulation-megafarms-climate/index.html
Very true.
You can wash your car with bottled water then! :)

Why is it cooler in Kingman?
I am assuming that it is the elevation. Kingman is at 3300-3600.
We contacted a realtor on Monday. He reached out to the listing agent and found that an offer has been made by someone else, the owners have counter-offered but no deal has been met. The listing agent wouldn't divulge the $$$ terms. If this falls through for us, I will be disappointed but as is the case with matters like this, THIS house wasn't on the market when we first started looking. When it popped up, it made us take notice. Another house may do the same. The house we get may not even be on the market yet.

I’m surrounded by farm fields, most of it I lease out to farmers. Garage doors face west, to the prevailing wind…dust and such accumulates in the garage. Used to sweep and vacuum much more than I do now. Sure looks nice when I’ve done it; but two weeks later, looks like it was never done. Always having other stuff that needs doing, don’t get bugged about it as much anymore. Used to be picky about the vehicles being super clean. Clean the car every week or deal with one fix it or another first? I’ve adjusted my priorities.
The front of my shop faces the north and have a 10' overhead door on the back and well, there's lots of dust etc that blows in from the south in the summer time being kicked up by the kids that ride their ATV's etc on the easement. It's not bad thou but bad enough. Thing is, we did the same thing with go carts and trail bikes and more!
We contacted a realtor on Monday. He reached out to the listing agent and found that an offer has been made by someone else, the owners have counter-offered but no deal has been met. The listing agent wouldn't divulge the $$$ terms. If this falls through for us, I will be disappointed but as is the case with matters like this, THIS house wasn't on the market when we first started looking. When it popped up, it made us take notice. Another house may do the same. The house we get may not even be on the market yet.
When I bought the 1/2 acre lot that was next door, they were taking offers. That was a first for me but I offered more I guess than the highest offer and got it. Kept it for a lot of years then sold it after the kids grew up and we all pretty much quit playing on it. Had family get togethers, bad mitten/volley ball net, huge wood swing set with crows nest, slide and on and on. Even had a go cart track that utilized the easement out back too...900 feet worth of track. Neighbors hated us lol. It was fun....gave the swing set to a neighbor down the street and they still have it and sold the lot for twice what I paid for it and got a huge monster house built on it by the buyer.....mistake I made was not setting restrictions on what could be built on it. Live and learn.

Make an offer if you like the place. Ya never know, they may accept it.

Elevation, that explains it.
If you like the house enough make a serious offer since the other hasn't been accepted yet. Serious by what you would really be willing to pay not some low ball number.
I will guess the other offer may be low ball because of the time on the market

This sounds familiar. I've bought numerous properties through various methods. Foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, bank-owned, off-market, open-market, private-party, etc. A property might be a rat infested hell hole on the market for the last 462 days, but if there is an agent involved and you make an offer, you're going to hear, 'you're in traffic '. The problem is that you can't verify it. Because, you know, ethics and all. My advice is don't let that alter your course. I know it's bullshit 70+% of the time and is 100% devised to get you to up the ante. IF you want the property, make YOUR best offer and live with the results. You can't win 'em all. Sounds like you have your Zen @Kern Dog !

Exactly what
This sounds familiar. I've bought numerous properties through various methods. Foreclosure, pre-foreclosure, bank-owned, off-market, open-market, private-party, etc. A property might be a rat infested hell hole on the market for the last 462 days, but if there is an agent involved and you make an offer, you're going to hear, 'you're in traffic '. The problem is that you can't verify it. Because, you know, ethics and all. My advice is don't let that alter your course. I know it's bullshit 70+% of the time and is 100% devised to get you to up the ante. IF you want the property, make YOUR best offer and live with the results. You can't win 'em all. Sounds like you have your Zen @Kern Dog !
As I said above, make your best serious offer. I just sold one of my rentals end of April. I had offers but it was still for sale until I got over asking offer. Then it gets listed as pending while you go through escrow stuff.
I glanced through some sources and they listed it for $699,999 and dropped to current $659 a few months ago. Other multiples place a value of $631,700 and $641,000. Without a comprehensive appraisal I would venture to say the value is in that $630-$640 range.

Our plan was to low ball at $549,999 and see where it goes since it has been on the market awhile. I figured it would settle in the $620,000 range through some back and forth....
Personally, I'd pay $650,000 but the wife is not that keen on that price.

Our plan was to low ball at $549,999 and see where it goes since it has been on the market awhile. I figured it would settle in the $620,000 range through some back and forth....
Personally, I'd pay $650,000 but the wife is not that keen on that price.
compared to here in california thats alot of house for the money ! million + here..

Don’t get discouraged. When I house house shopping, I think it was 8 or nine houses before anyone would actually talk. My mom would ask me about them and because I was looking at so many I had to name the houses :lol:

compared to here in california thats alot of house for the money ! million + here..
Sure, in my neighborhood that would be about $1.6. But it's not. Go to the north and you can get for even less

KD - also don't be surprised that even if you are not the one to make the highest offer, often times a seller will sell to someone because they like them after a face to face meeting and talking with them more than another buyer. I've seen it more than once. So put your gift of gab forward and you might be surprised.

Several times, I have not picked the highest bid. Those that really wanted it or those that I just really liked could always have a chance. Once, a guy just pissed me off by thinking he could get to me with just money. When two asshole come together, I will always win even if it costs me.

From what we were told, the buyer is also represented by the sellers agent. This agent has a financial interest in the completion of the sale since she would be getting commission from both ends of the sale.
I've all but written this one off. Yeah, it is a beautiful place on a good sized lot but ideally, I want the house and shop further away from the property line. I would have dealt with this one and still been happy but the search continues.
The upside is that it takes a little pressure off of the work I'm doing on my own house to get it ready to sell. I'm healing from the fall 3 weeks ago so I should be able to do some light duty stuff this weekend.

Anytime an a gent represents both parties, they get the whole 3,4,5, or 6% commission. If a buyer has their own agent, then the commission is split 50/50.

From what we were told, the buyer is also represented by the sellers agent.
And so could you if you haven't enlisted the services of another agent. Reading between the lines, it sounds to me like the stars haven't aligned for you yet. Everything is important. The property itself, location and price of course, but timing too.

And on another note, I've never heard of someone giving up money over personality unless they'll continue to have some kind of connection to the property. Everybody's money spends exactly the same. We all want as much as we can get. Most sellers never even meet the buyer on a listed property.

Hey guys,

In the process of moving from Kennebunk, Maine over to a quiet spot near Rutland, Massachusetts. Why?????? It's much closer to my lab even though I work virtual 90%. Way more open space. Maine was cheap 15 years ago, but nolonger. Plus last month, Kennebunk swapped half the US flags on Main St (RT 1) for rainbow flags.
I thought the firearms might be complicated, however the State Police read my DD214 and my list of firearms and issued the FID and CC in less than 10 days. There are moments when you find yourself being judged based on what you have done. I'm a decorated, disabled veteran working full time for the second largest defense contractor in the country. The best part was being finger printed (I've been in the system since 1975) and after chemo treatment, my skin changed and it's impossible to get a readable print LOL I had to email the feds.

The PIA was moving my tools/workshop, next to impossible to rent a truck with a liftgate........................

Nice! I’d make sure that water will not be an issue in the future. Is it a nearby well?? Pumped from Colorado River? When I lived in Escondido, water was $600/mo in the summer‍

Nice! I’d make sure that water will not be an issue in the future. Is it a nearby well?? Pumped from Colorado River? When I lived in Escondido, water was $600/mo in the summer‍
Holy crap! My water bill in the summer when watering peaks at $30 a month. Lived in San Diego for 10 years in the 80's - early 90's. Even then it was not cheap.

Auto Transport Service
Back