• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who says a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush

Charles Cook

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:06 AM
Reaction score
2 Superbirds and a 68 Petty blue Roadrunner finally get to go inside. I don’t have time to give the whole story right now but I will follow up later. They were 5 miles from me.

6F040078-0EDE-4773-8912-61245BB0CECE.png

6182B002-8842-4BBC-B796-6F78FA15330B.png

74D411E7-E398-4CD8-B694-87FB821699E2.png

0ACA06C5-28CB-4AC9-A523-7D31855802C3.png

C7C5AA93-BD56-447D-A6C5-02FA6364C087.png

237C6B78-77DC-44C7-A7EB-5D4D1C4B0E51.png

E73262F3-B1EE-4F92-881F-F0322A42BB4B.jpeg

436B37A8-58D1-4FD8-9FD4-5DD5DD6AE166.jpeg

FDEA0319-811F-4C77-B888-C72F32231668.jpeg

That is pretty damn cool !!!

Looks like they were there a long time... Imagine what they would be worth if he had them inside for all that time... Thanks for sharing.

Awesome, great find
I'm sort of jealous, except to see all the work they all need
been sitting for a spell
lots of work ahead, get a tetanus shot (rust)

Petty Blue SB with a Petty Lic. plate ?
from Gaston SC

keep us posted

You got my curiosity peaked

Okay, a little more to the story.
The owner of the cars I became friends with maybe 10 years ago.
We both own 68 Petty blue Road Runner’s and he allowed me to take pictures of his for reference. Well as time went by he had to move them from the city and brought them out in the country near my house.
Long story short.
His wife is very ill and it doesn’t look good. Well we all know the story where there’s a will there’s a family member.
Someone mentioned the 3 cars and he flipped out. This is the story I’m getting.
Anyway another friend of mine owns a towing service offered to move them to a secure place indoors for free. So me being who I am I didn’t want to bother him about selling at this time.
I will bother him later. Lol. I know they are safe and secure where they are for now. And best of all they’re inside. I have made offers to buy them in the past but he has sentimental value in them, they belonged to his dad. Which his dad was a BIG Richard Petty fan. He really should have taken better care of them but that’s not for me to say.
I hope a miracle happens and his wife is able to pull through.
He lost his son at a very young age and god knows he has been through hell. God bless them both.

We both own 68 Petty blue Road Runner’s and he allowed me to take pictures of his for reference. Well as time went by he had to move them from the city and brought them out in the country near my house.
Long story short.
His wife is very ill and it doesn’t look good. Well we all know the story where there’s a will there’s a family member.
Anyway another friend of mine owns a towing service offered to move them to a secure place indoors for free. So me being who I am I didn’t want to bother him about selling at this time.
I will bother him later. Lol. I know they are safe and secure where they are for now. And best of all they’re inside. I have made offers to buy them in the past but he has sentimental value in them, they belonged to his dad. Which his dad was a BIG Richard Petty fan. He really should have taken better care of them but that’s not for me to say.
He lost his son at a very young age and god knows he has been through hell. God bless them both.
thanks for the follow-up, clarifications

:thankyou: you're a good man, many times over :thumbsup:

Long story short.
Regardless of the ultimate disposition of the cars, you're a good friend.

Long story short.
Sorry to hear of what's going on with him. I sure hope the guy who is storing them has good intentions as I have seen these types of situations turn UGLY quick when one wants to profit from them and makes up a scheme to get the cars for "storing" them.. Possession is 9/10 of the law DAMHIK it happened to me 20 years ago by my own brother... Thanks for the update.

Sorry to hear of what's going on with him. I sure hope the guy who is storing them has good intentions as I have seen these types of situations turn UGLY quick when one wants to profit from them and makes up a scheme to get the cars for "storing" them.. Possession is 9/10 of the law DAMHIK it happened to me 20 years ago by my own brother... Thanks for the update.
Sorry you were stung, but faith
deserves her space. I don't believe
the OP has Ill intentions here, as
there are now too many witnesses
as to the circumstance. I certainly
understand a brothers' cynical ways.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back