• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who says a bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush

I understand sentimental attachment to things (cars) as well as anyone.
I've seen family cars get sold by descendants that had no interest in the car.
Yet, the car should have had some sentimental value, if it was me.
I get it. Not a priority to them.
In the final analysis, cars were made for people and not the other way around.
If it weren't for people, cars would have no value.
Big money will be interested in these, eventuality.

Sentimental attachment can cause people to make bad decisions. 3 different 73 RR's I passed on because of the amount of work they needed and the sentimental price. And there's this Superbird near me.

20200808_164051.jpg

Sorry you were stung, but faith
deserves her space. I don't believe
the OP has I'll intentions here, as
there are now too many witnesses
as to the circumstance. I certainly
understand a brothers' cynical ways.
I don’t believe the OP is the one storing them from what I read. If I am wrong I did not catch that information and if he, you or anyone felt I was accusing him of malice that was not my intent. That said do you know who is storing them and are vouching for that person? I just have seen how these things progress and sadly more than not money will show someone’s true colors especially as storage time goes on. I will leave it at that and I hope that never becomes the case here….

I don’t believe the OP is the one storing them from what I read. If I am wrong I did not catch that information and if he, you or anyone felt I was accusing him of malice that was not my intent. That said do you know who is storing them and are vouching for that person? I just have seen how these things progress and sadly more than not money will show someone’s true colors especially as storage time goes on. I will leave it at that and I hope that never becomes the case here….
The cars are being stored at a very very very good friend of his home shop. the trust is there or the cars would have never been taken to this location. Safe and secure in a secret location. Thanks guys.

First off I will say too: May God bless he and his wife with hopes and prayers that she pulls thru. It would be difficult to care about much else in that time of need. But like all of us car guys I wonder how cars (especially these models) fall in to the state they"re in. The big birds have always been rare since inception and now of course they are exceptionally rare and valuable. I hope if and when he parts w/them he does so w/a peaceful heart since they were his father's cars. It looks as if that should have happened long ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back