• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

why i dont like to ship

UPS and others- average Joe pays a “retail” price, meanwhile businesses get better deals depending on how much stuff they ship. I once sold an engine/trans I didn’t want to ship, but the buyer insisted and paid the shipping and $300 for my time to built out a pallet to hold it all.
If they don’t want to pay, you don’t have to ship it to them.

That's a good article. USPS is in competition with many other shippers worldwide, to compete they have to do so at the local economy level not USA's
so you pay USA level here, where workers want $30/hr and 3 weeks paid vacation then call in sick a month per year with pay.
The outbound shipping from China is very, very large, so any company that wants the business has to compete
The thing that they need to watch out for is the theory that volume deserves some discount, you can't discount to the point that you stop making money.
USPS has agreements worldwide

Back to OP, if you don't want to ship don't. Some things are very easy to ship, others a royal pain. Choose your poison

And if you won’t ship, be sure not to expect others to ship to you. It’s also a pain in the *** for us but we suck it up and carry on. Why? Because it’s not always just about us.

Aw c'mon man, its the greatest country in the world - they don't have to do anything they don't want to!

I think the OP is complaining more about the seller not being courteous by responding in a timely manner and then asking for a discount.
I've bought (and shipped) many things from (and to) overseas and it is a pain in the *** for both parties, but I've always paid whatever they asked for shipping and also lost money on shipping when I quoted it too low (I gave an estimate that was totally too low but honoured my quote anyway). What goes around comes around I think, so I always try to do the right thing by people.

I sent a date coded carburetor to France on the other site. UPS quoted like $200.
Believe it or not US mail does better overseas, only $65.

I've found that "mail" is always the least expensive. They don't provide overnight or next day service like FedEx or UPS but their "ground" service prices can't be beat. Also, when shipping to foreign countries UPS and FedEx ALWAYS charge a brokerage fee and possibly duty and tax that is not included in the shipping quote and hits the person at the other end. Nobody needs that kind of surprise on top of the crazy shipping price they just paid !!

I love Shipping. I can do it all day long. In fact, instead of just throwing out old product? I just ship it out randomly. Oh wait. That's right. I think everyone doesn't like Shipping? It's an element that's out of one's control. Thus what can go wrong will. Sorry, but I'm not feeling sympathetic to your feelings because I believe it's shared by most all?

Nah..this system of bargaining has been going on for 100 years.
I ask 10..you offer 8 and the deal is struck at 9. Shipping is also negotiable.
As suggested do the shipping arrangements and costing from home.
....it's only a good deal when two people are happy.

A friend once told me about something going to arbitration. The lawyer asked the first party "are you happy with my decision?" to which they replied "no". He asked the second party "are you happy with my decision?" to which they replied "no". He replied "Good, I've done my job!"

I have in the past shipped overseas and to Canada with little or no issues in pricing for those shipments from the buyers as they understand the costs. I also have found that if you use a Courier Service that in fact you can ship through them using FedEx and then they put the shipment on an overseas flight to the destination. Works really well. But for the most part I don't like to sell to the overseas buyers any more because they always at some point whine and bitch about shipping costs yet they also expect preferred treatment because of the difficulty with their end as to Import Taxes and such. Best advise??? Just say no and sorry...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Auto Transport Service
Back