• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

William Caleb "Cale" Yarborough has passed away

Just going to post this... I only watched those races as reruns in the 90's and early 2000's. Entertaining to watch them battle it out in REAL stock cars. RIP

1971-GettyImages-143381592.jpg

Cale Yarborough drove this Woolco-sponsored Plymouth for car owner Ray Fox in the 1971 Daytona 500, where an engine failure left him with a 33rd place finish. Photo courtesy of NASCAR Archives & Research Center via Getty Images

Last edited:
An icon from the golden age when stock cars were "stock" and men were men. Godspeed Cale...

RIP! Losing more of the REAL NASCAR drivers. Party hardy before the race, drive the race, party hardy after. No cool suits, depending on the era no power steering, tough tough dudes who could use their brains and talent to succeed on and off the tracks.

How I consider myself blessed to have been watching these greats, during the days when they were the greats.

He was tuff, one hell of a race car driver. Won 83 times, to his credit with stats & determination succeeded in living 84 years, hung in there to beat the 83 wins.

Godspeed Mr. William Caleb “Cale” Yarborough

Auto Transport Service
Back