• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1964 Plymouth Savoy Build

Here are some pictures of what it looked like prior to the recast, it was all broken and cracked with sections missing all the way to the metal frame. Quality Restorations removes all the old plastic from metal frame and remolds all new plastic in the original pattern. It looks amazing and a wonderful job. I’m very pleased with it and it was done in less time than estimated. I will attach the steering wheel tomorrow and post more pictures.

View attachment 1397983

View attachment 1397984
Wow, nice job! How much does a service like that cost?

Nice job there Chuck Mine is headed up to Charlie Quarters in Michigan to address a couple of hairline cracks that have appeared since it was restored probably 15-20 years ago.

Wow, nice job! How much does a service like that cost?
Thanks, I think it’s more than most people would like to spend. It’s not repairing and patching the original and then primer and paint like most places are and for a much less price. This process is all new red casted plastic molded over the original steering wheel metal frame, Sorry for the dragged out answer because it is pricey, 2265.00 with return shipping. But I guess with everything else costly for a Max Wedge Clone it’s worth the price. I’ll be in Las Vegas with the Savoy in March for MATS so I’m glad it got finished fast.

With the level of detail the rest of the restoration shows, you had to do it, Chuck.

Thanks, I think it’s more than most people would like to spend. It’s not repairing and patching the original and then primer and paint like most places are and for a much less price. This process is all new red casted plastic molded over the original steering wheel metal frame, Sorry for the dragged out answer because it is pricey, 2265.00 with return shipping. But I guess with everything else costly for a Max Wedge Clone it’s worth the price. I’ll be in Las Vegas with the Savoy in March for MATS so I’m glad it got finished fast.

I looked into it years ago, for my '63, again a 1 year only wheel. Was $12-1400 for it. Wish I would have gotten back then. Out of reach, at this point...

Last edited:
Nice job there Chuck Mine is headed up to Charlie Quarters in Michigan to address a couple of hairline cracks that have appeared since it was restored probably 15-20 years ago.
Thanks, right I remember you referring me to him but I ended up going with Quality Restorations because they recast plus they are close to me in San Diego.

I don't think Charlie is setup to do a full blown recast like you had done, more repair. But damn you are right, that is expensive. But as Dave said, after all that top notch work you had to!

I looked into it years ago, for my '63, again a 1 year only wheel. Was $12-1400 for it. Wish I would have gotten back then. Out if reach, at this point...
sorry to here that, me too! I enquirer on this a few years back and it had gone up a lot since then. Thanks Covid! Lol!

I am trying to finagle staying in Vegas for the weekend to go to the show. Time will tell. Can't wait to see it. Well a pair of hemi carbs is 2500, and you need a steering wheel to steer, so kind of important and worth the peice imho.

Here are some pictures of what it looked like prior to the recast, it was all broken and cracked with sections missing all the way to the metal frame. Quality Restorations removes all the old plastic from metal frame and remolds all new plastic in the original pattern. It looks amazing and a wonderful job. I’m very pleased with it and it was done in less time than estimated. I will attach the steering wheel tomorrow and post more pictures.

View attachment 1397983

View attachment 1397984
Nice. Do you have the correct center cap? I have a extra good one .

sorry to here that, me too! I enquirer on this a few years back and it had gone up a lot since then. Thanks Covid! Lol!
Mine looked like that to start with. I did it myself back in 2011 to date only has one small hair line crack.

IMG_1545.JPG

Nice. Do you have the correct center cap? I have an extra good one .
I do, but since you ask I do have a question? In the groove along the outside circumference what is there to hold the center cap in? A wire clip or a rubber o ring? Do you have a picture of that? I can’t seem to locate any information about that. Any help would be appreciated.

12DA3E82-C407-42A2-9E84-19A17B4F6408.jpeg

630CF400-9DD9-4A04-9D7F-D36E3333D87A.jpeg

5DE5BD59-8CF2-4CAF-831E-E7450F46E9F2.jpeg

View attachment 1397983

View attachment 1397984
They sure did a good job on it. Was it costly or about the same for a replacement like classic sells.

I do, but since you ask I do have a question? In the groove along the outside circumference what is there to hold the center cap in? A wire clip or a rubber o ring? Do you have a picture of that? I can’t seem to locate any information about that. Any help would be appreciated.

View attachment 1398235

View attachment 1398237

View attachment 1398238
I looked at one I have for Dodge. almost exactly the same as Savoy had o ring and metal ring, it is in the center of the wheel I pulled it out and it pushes back in nicely.

I looked at one I have for Dodge. almost exactly the same as Savoy had o ring and metal ring, it is in the center of the wheel I pulled it out and it pushes back in nicely.
Thanks for doing that, I wonder if Joe Suchy has that. I’ll call him tomorrow and find out. Thank You

Charlie did the wheel for my '66 - he does great work and a very nice guy.

Auto Transport Service
Back